"Turn, Turn, Turn" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Scheduled to repeat this Thursday, 1/28, 'cause...you know...the Grammy's are on next Sunday, hence the Grammy/CSI/Taylor commercial running on CBS this week. ;)

2. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

I actually enjoyed this episode. Taylor was a better actor than I would have thought. She wasn't playing a caricature of herself, she was actually a complicated character. I thought she did a good job.

3. gregfan3

gregfan3 Police Officer

I agree. For some reason, I was half expecting her to merely pout on cue, but she acted, and well. Go Taylor! Sometimes I like it when I am wrong:)! And Nick's scene at the end was very touching, I thought...classic Nick.

4. Smokey

I think she did well too. :) And her commentary on the DVD with George and writer Tom Mularz was very cute. You could tell how seriously she took it, but she had fun as well.

And George saying in the rain scene they tried to hand him an umbrella but he wouldn't take it...said, "Nick Stokes doesn't use umbrellas". :lol:

5. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

I don't have season 9 on DVD yet. Now I really REALLY want it. I love the commentaries, especially when they're funny, and this one seems to be good.

Anyone loan me a few dollars for it? It's cool, I know a guy who'll have your money next week. Trust me...

6. Joycie84

Joycie84 CSI Level One

"Turn, Turn, Turn" is a great episode. Definitely my favorite of season 9. George Eads was wonderful in this epi. Especially that last scene. And guest star Taylor Swift was amazing. Never thought she would, but I loved her in it.

7. gregfan3

gregfan3 Police Officer

I have not watched that episode with the commentary on yet, thanks for the reminder Smokey!
    Nick Stokes doesn't use umbrellas, I love it! Me either, ironically, I use a poncho:lol:!

8. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I agree and remember she was 'over the moon' to meet George, thrilled. They were both awesome, especially George~:thumbsup:

9. Smokey

Okay, that scene with Nick and Super Dave when he gives him the money for the baby's college fund...that has to be one of my favorite scenes ever on the show. So poignant and touching...I love it.

10. gregfan3

gregfan3 Police Officer

I agree Smokey, I just got teary-eyed. It is such a tender scene in such a cold setting...quite a striking and beautiful contrast...
    Oh, I love the last scene of this episode...I think George does an amazing job...I love him...

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
  11. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

One of the best, if not, the best episode of season nine

12. Nick3167

Nick3167 Rookie

I didn't realize this until last night but the actress that plays "Haley's" mother was also the same actress that played the mother in season one's " Gentle ,gentle" epi guess I was paying more attention this time

Also, the way George just "plays" on emotion and the way the whole story line revolves around Taylor's character PRICELESS He is so cute and addorable when he's upset

13. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Stokes4george I recognized the mom from that epsiode too. Don't they think fans will remember? How wonderful and so compassionate and funny Nick was. It's great to see him featured in this one. How he was so in tune with everyone. And Taylor was really good. The ending with him in the locker room and Ray coming to have a little heart to heart. the internet movies and the Orchids helped him, when he was hurt and bummed out. "People told me what this job isn't, they didn't tell me was it is" I'm so sorry Nick" he's a gentle giant and a sweet, loving, kind man, and how Nick was crying, so sensitive and caring. Good episode~

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
  14. Nick3167

Nick3167 Rookie

I think that it really shows how Ray works well with Nick and can empathize with him unlike Grissom who would always criticize Nick for his sympathy for the victims. But then again grissom was more about the science than the emotional end of the cases

15. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I was very hesitant about this episode. I usually don't like it when they have 'stunt casting'. But, I have to say, Taylor Swift did a great job. She was believable and pulled off the role.

I also am a sucker for Nicky episodes because he is emotional and cases like this one get to him. George is a great actor and brings a lot to Nicky, especially in episodes like this and in Gum Drops.