"Turn, Turn, Turn" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Mar 1, 2009.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Nick said one of them has to crawl up there and Greg said, "You know what? It's your birthday." Then he crawled up there and the smell was so awful that he said "I'm keeping that gift card." What he meant by that was, he'd already given Nick his present (crawling up in the attic in his place). :lol: Although Greg was just kidding around when he said that. :lol:

2. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Thanks, Kimbo. I can't remember if Greg said anything. I did watch it in the beginning on my tape and I forgot about it. I still like the episode. I might watch it again...later

Thanks, GregNickRyanFan. I like it when he said that to Nick. The old Greg funny is back. Now, I do remember that now.

3. GregNickRyanFan

I had to watch it a second time that same night because my brother kept talking through it the first time (he doesn't usually watch the show, so he had questions lol). They showed the dead woman on the ground (Hailey's birth mom) and bro goes "who is that?" I was like :wtf: How am I supposed to know, they just showed her and haven't told. :lol: So I just replied "I don't know, some dead woman." :lol: I missed the whole thing about Eli's college fund because of bro talking. :lol:

Yep, I love that they are giving him funny lines again. He smiles more now too which is great.

By the way, did anyone else kind of think there at the end that Ray was gonna give Nick a hug or pat on the shoulder or something? I kind of thought he might. But, he stayed all the way across the room from him. :lol:

4. Fighter

Fighter Lab Technician

I thought it might end that way, but I'm rather happy it didn't :lol: IMO they still don't know each other well enough for this kind of reassurance, and also to me it was kinda... less cliche that Ray kept his distance even while comforting Nick. It probably doesn't make any sense but that's what I was thinking :lol:

5. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

Did anyone else feel like this episode had some of the least of Brass in quite a while? I thought that was odd, though inevitably, there weren't as many interrogations or opportunities for his witty one-liners and humor in general.

6. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Yeah there was not much Brass, but humor was still in the episode, with Greg and his bit and then Riley and her situation with the couple next to the crime scene room. :lol:

7. GregNickRyanFan

And Hodges' with his thinking what Nick said about Pony League had something to do with horses and that look henry and nick shared was hilarious. :lol:

The guy who played Hailey's boyfriend was also in the ep "Got Murder". I was thinking he looked familiar and that he might have been on 7th heaven, so I looked him up and sure enough, he played T-bone on 7th Heaven. :) Thank goodness I know that now cause it was driving me crazy not being able to figure out where I'd seen him before. :lol:

8. bookbug22

bookbug22 Civilian

I don't know if anybody else feels the same way, but I absolutely loved the graphics and special effects for this episode. I thought the time changing appearing through Nick's shades was creative and not something that happens a lot in the show. :thumbsup:

9. GregNickRyanFan

Yeah, the time changing effect = coolness. :)

10. Ninja1088

Ninja1088 Witness

I remember high school and copying a more popular person's hairstyle, clothing etc is NOT that unusual. Everyone wants to be liked and if you dress or act like the "popular" kids, the hope is you'll be liked too. Personally, any sympathy I had for Brie with the GBH thing went out the window the second she pinned it on an innocent man not out of fear, but because she didn't want Haley to think they were going to be friends again. So many women are afraid to report rapes for fear no one will believe them and selfish %&*# like Brie only make it worse.

11. GregNickRyanFan

I totally agree with you about Brie. It is those types of people that making it more difficult for true victims.

12. Ninja1088

Ninja1088 Witness

In the one sense, she WAS a victim of an attempted sexual assult, there can be no denying that. And victims (Usually children and young teenagers) have lied out of fear out of their true attacker or the fear nobody will believe them if the person is respected, Brie lied simply because she didn't want Haley to be friends with her anymore.
    I was hoping Catherine would slap her at some point. She seemed to be angrier at people suggesting Haley was her friend than the fact her sleazy boyfriend drugged her and tried to rape her. Zach, for all his flaws, seemed to truly care and love Haley and correctly pegged Brie for the person she really is... a shallow narcisstic $*%. Karma will catch up with her and she will likely find that out if she gets attacked again. Because if it does happen, no one will believe her, and more to the point, many won't feel bad for her either.
    Other than that, I enjoyed the episode. Unlike many actor/singers, Taylor Swift did a good job in my option, espcially for someone who has virtually no acting experience. Also glad it was another Nick episode, he hasn't had one in a while.

13. chipper

chipper Hit and Run

Geez Langston, get a little closer to Nick and comfort him a little when he's crying, will ya? You caan bet many a fan-gil.. no, make it anyone with the slightest maternal instinct wanted to!

14. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

But if you noticed as Langston entered the room,Nick moved away to the back of the room,as far in the corner as he could get. Could it symbolize the fact that he doesn't want to get close to anybody else? He was close to Warrick...he died. Grissom and Sara left.He cared about what happened to Haley...she died. I think we are starting to see the change George talked about with his character....putting that distance between the victim and himself...it hurts too much since Warrick's death to continue to feel, to allow others to get close. The distance away from the others in the next episode also could follow this new Nick...distanced.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  15. byline

byline CSI Level One

I agree with the analysis by Nicksfriend. I also think that someone so new to a workplace will not take that kind of initiative, since he and Nick still don't know one another that well. He tried to give Nick space, literally, while offering him solace with words. If Nick had wanted a hug, he would've given that signal, but as Nicksfriend noted, he moved away, creating even more distance, a clear sign that he needed a sort of buffer zone to help him process all that he was feeling. Sometimes, when people are grieving, they really don't want physical comfort because it's just too much. You have to respect what an individual wants at that time, and Ray did. I thought it was actually very cool that he showed that kind of restraint and thoughtfulness.