"Turn, Turn, Turn" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Mar 1, 2009.

1. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

:guffaw: I totally agree. The first thing I said to the people watching it with me was the misspelling, they in turn laughed, shook their heads, and went "oh those English majors". lol

2. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

How could I forget about Boom? That was my favorite episode. Thanks, speedy.

You're welcome, desertwind about the episode you forgot.

3. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I usually love Nicky-centric episodes. I loved this one. And found out in the process that my husband likes Ray better than Grissom. :( Oh well

Nicky was so good. I love to see people break down like that. No one was in peril, no one was kidnapped, it was just his job getting to him. And that's what makes it a great episode.

What I wanted to see was more Vartann and Nicky. Possibly Vartann working all the cases with Nick at the motel instead of just the one.

I did figure out towards the end when the lady came to check in and died that she was somehow connected to Haley. Then when the picture was left and Haley died her hair, it was obvious that the woman (Tanya, I think :confused:) was Haley's mother.

CSI this season has been great. This episode was one of the best so far.

I didn't notice Grissom's name on the message Nicky got, but hearing his voice made me miss him.

4. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Guys, let's try not to get into a GSR debate here, shall we? It's over. Both characters are gone; let's try to move past it and stop bringing it up. Or at least argue on another thread.

I hadn't noticed the Grissom misspelling, mostly because I wasn't looking up at that second (Latin essay), but it is very funny and yet very sad at the same time.

5. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I didn't realize his name was mispelled and it's a bit lame, but it's a teeny blip on the radar so no biggie. and I forgot on last nights ET, Taylor Swift was featured and is an avid CSI fan, and was thrilled to have this opportunity to appear on the show. She was giggling about George and going "OMG" I get to play opposite Nick Stokes" she was really good in this role, very beliveable and a sparkling personailty, but as the poor girl with messed up parents and her real mom too.. she didn't really know who she was. She was better than Riley, who just comes across as dull/boring:rolleyes: and Cath and Hodges, Archie and Vartann were barely in it. But it was great to see Nick be the center:bolian:

Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
  6. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I normally don't care for character centric episodes when most of the others are pushed to the background but this ep is an exception, I enjoyed it.

Nick getting a phone call from Grissom wishing him a happy birthday was an unexpected surprise.

As most of you know I love to see Nick and Greg work together and it was great to see their banter. Greg was so adorable, and gracious, to offer to go up into the crawl space with MR Stinky decomp so Nick would not have to do it on his birthday.

We learned that Nick had not forgotten Warrick and had started a college fund for his son. That was nice to see.

Nick's breakdown at the end was heartbreaking, and very well done by George!

Taylor Swift was awesome, you'd never know this was her first acting job

7. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

Personally, I thought Riley was awesome in this episode, despite the very small amount of screentime, and that she's been great all season. I don't think she's boring at all, but if they made her too interesting, it would just take attention away from other established fan favorites and piss viewers off. I think TPTB has made the right move in establishing her character more slowly, even if that results in some viewers thinking she's boring. She's a new female character on an established show. It was inevitable that plenty of viewers would dislike her from the get-go.

While I agree that GE is a very talented actor (personally, I don't think he's any less talented than WP), I think Taylor Swift also had a lot to do with the high ratings. It's quite likely that she (and the fact that other competing shows, including Grey's were on repeats) was the biggest reason that the show got such a hike in viewers. But I do think that GE will be part of the reason that some of the new viewers brought in stay. Hopefully, people came in last night to watch the show (possibly for the first time) for Taylor Swift, but will stay with it based on the tremendous talent showed by the main cast, especially GE.

8. squinn1201

squinn1201 Rookie

I really enjoyed this episode. It was nice to see a softer, sensitive side to Nick. Taylor Swift did a nice job for her first acting gig. The whole storyline was dark, but it worked. I really felt for Hayley and how her life did a complete 180 in just a year. Here's a girl who goes from a normal, shy teenage girl, to a troubled youth, to being killed by her own adoptive mother who admits to never wanting her in the first place! WOW! I totally lost it when Nick started crying! :(

9. CSI ADAM

CSI ADAM Hit and Run

George Eads is as talented as any actor in the CSI franchise. Honestly, I don't see how William Peterson, David Caruso, Gary Sinise, Adam Rodriguez, Emily Proctor, or any one else is better than him. He did so good in turn turn turn it was a privalege to watch.

10. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Not to mention, the date is February 9, 2009. If the case took place a year ago, wouldn't it be February 9, 2008?:wtf: But I won't stick on that!

I think the episode was great. Definitely one of my favorites. It still erks me how performances like this will never be nominated for Emmy's. Such a shame!

11. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

Hah. Good catch. It always amazes me to see stuff like that. At least they got the continuity on the case Griss was testifying on. I didn't realize until I was rewatching that the decapitation by tire Grissom referenced on the cell message was from 'A La Cart,' my fave S8 episode.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
  12. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

That's true Kimbo08 I was shocked when he didn't get nominated for "Grave Danger" what the H are the board folks on the Emmy's looking for?, maybe this time, staying positive:bolian:here's a brief analysis of the episode from the Zap2it site~

JUSTICE IS SWIFT

13. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

I absolutely loved this episode. For so many reasons which I won't get into.

But mostly, because it reminded me that life, while it may seem random, is connected, and there are hidden eddies and currents that we are all so unaware of. Nick was a beautiful metaphor for someone who thinks they are sailing along just fine in quiet waters, only to turn the bend and find themselves in the rapids. It happens to me a lot.

I really identified with Nick. I always do actually, and so his emotion and his sincerity and incredulity really got to me.

I loved the interaction again with team at various times throughout, although in this episode Nick seemed so distant from them, like he was lost in a world of his own. And again, I identified with that.

All in all, the episode was beautiful. It dragged me in from the first scene and it still hasn't let me go.

14. iluvgreg80

iluvgreg80 Hit and Run

Great episode! The last scene was phenomenal. I so wanted to give Nick a hug. That scene showed some great qualities about Nick, how he seems to understand better than some what the job is about and why it's important. I like the interaction with Langston and Langston saying like you're showing me what the job is. Nick didn't need to beat himself up, but I understand why he was feeling that way.
    GE did a great job with that episode. I hope he gets to feeling better.
    Taylor Swift did a great job also. That poor girl though. Her Mom not wanting her. I don't blame her for crushing on GE. I'd be excited if I was her.
    It was kind of funny with Riley and that one couple. I really liked Greg and Nick's interaction. It showed that they were still their old selves in a way and Greg's line about keeping the gift card. I like how CSI has a little humor and things don't get incredibly dark.

15. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

The other part that is wrong too, is that in last week's episode they mentioned the date as being February 26th. So by having that date wrong, they are saying that this case technically took place before that one.

Personally I just think they did not even think about the date when they did that. I think it is just the day they added the close up shot of the phone. I do not think they realized us crazy CSI fans would pick up on it. :lol: