Beta Volunteers

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by umbrello, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

Hey!

I'm more than willing to be a BETA for anyone and everyone :) I will BETA anything BUT slash, and I'm happy to send you samples (or the entire thing) of stuff I have written over the 5 years I've written fiction. I'm currently working on my first C.S.I fic "Return to Me".
    Let me know via email at yellowbuglucky@aol.com if you are interested in my help :)

xoxo

Amberle

2. delkosgirl88

delkosgirl88 Hit and Run

Name: Caitlin
    Pairings I Beta: anything Miami NO slash though
    Specialty: spelling, grammar, punctuation, characterizations for CSI:Miami

I really don't watch NY or LV much. I can still beta those fics for technical stuff, just not characterization.

Also, I would like someone to beta a couple of fics I have.

3. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Thought I'd join in on this as I am such a grammer perfectionist and always loved going over my friends papers in college to help out! I don't write fanfic and haven't really read any but I'd be willing to give it a shot as long as it's not slash.

Name: Kristine
    Pairings I Beta: anything Miami NO slash though, NY-D/L no slash
    Specialty: spelling, grammar, things you might have missed, etc.

4. DuCaine Forever

DuCaine Forever Civilian

Name: DuCaine Forever or on fanfiction.net I'm known as The Sway Wannabe

Pairings you beta: Stella/Mac, Danny/Lindsey, Flack/Angell, Horatio/Cal, Horatio/Yelina, Cal/Eric, Alexx/Eric (if anyone besides me has that idea), Gil/Catherine, Sara/Nick and some slashs depending on who it is

Beta specialty: i.e. grammer, tense, flow, character, etc: Grammer, flow, spelling, character to the best of my knowledge, time frame and name mistakes if your like some and have more then one story going at a time

5. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

I can beta read to anyone's request. Whether it's proofing for spelling/grammar etc or reading just to get a 'feel' for the story.

I'm good at spotting inconsistencies (like if a character is wearing jeans in one paragraph and pj's in the next), even if they are chapters apart. I work as a secretary so editing is second-nature to me.

I also have a better than average vocabulary and can help with alternate words/phrases if requested.

I WILL beta some slash.

My weakness: Commas confuse me!

I'm Seshat3 on FF.net and WMTDB

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  6. Franzeska

Franzeska Victim

I just got into CSI: Miami this season and am rapidly making my way through all of the DVDs. If you want a beta who's just reviewed the canon, I'm your girl. I like all types of pairings and gen casefic at all ratings. I love crossovers and supernatural elements, though I don't watch most of the shows people like to do crossovers with.

I do a comprehensive beta: spelling, punctuation, grammar, line editing, flow, characterization, technical knowledge, research, etc. But do please spell check things before sending them to me.

I'm also looking for a (comprehensive) beta for a Fringe/CSI: Miami crossover fic.

7. letizia

letizia Civilian

I'm looking for a beta, if possible with some experience to check out my new story, it's still unfinshed, but it's CSI miami, mainly about Eric Delko.
    English isn't my native tongue, although I did have it for years and years in school but sometimes I mess up grammar.

You can email me at katerina19eighty5@hotmail.com

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  8. JLo10131121

JLo10131121 Witness

I'm Jen. I'd love to beta any EC Hiphuggers fic as that's what I write. Trying to branch out for Stella and Mac and Danny and Lindsay, but I've got so many ideas for EC. Anyway, as far as speciality goes, I'm pretty darn good at English, grammar, spelling, sentence structure, flow, and getting people out of ruts when you've written yourself into a hole. i should know. I've definitely done it. email me at missparkerdangel@yahoo if you want my help. Don't have 50 posts yet for the PM stuff. <sigh>

9. grnidshrk

grnidshrk Civilian

Hi, I'm looking for someone who would like to beta my story, I've been looking for one everywhere. It's going to be an Eric/Ryan story eventually, but It will really focus on Ryan and his family. It's probably going to be a bit long so if you don't mind length then I would really appreaciate the help.

10. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I'll do it for you! Been looking for a story to beta. You can email me, it's in my profile until you can PM.

11. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

Hi there. I'm looking for a beta for my Nick song fic to be entered in the Nick song fic challenge. I haven't finished it yet but I'm almost done then I'll have to type it up.

If you are interested, you can PM me.

12. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

Hi! I wrote many fics on russian and now start translating some of them on english. Two storyes almost translated:

Title: 20 years ago at NY.
    Fandom: CSI: Miami.
    Рейтинг: PG.
    Genre: Crime
    Disclaimer: if only all of them was mine, but no, CBS own them..
    Summary: Horatio never forget all kids that he has saved… And kids never forget their red haired savior.

Title: A Modern Myth
    Fandom: CSI: Miami.
    Pairing: none
    Rating: PG.
    Genre: Angst, drama
    Disclaimer: if only all of them was mine, but no, CBS own them.
    Warnings: Character death!
    AN: I wrote this fic using 30 seconds to mars song a modern myth. In this song word good-bye was used 17 time (I counted) and in this fic you find this word 17 times, no matter is it song part or character words ;)

As i wrote before, my native language is russian. So if someone wanna help me and beta-ing those storyes you should know something about russian language:
    In english all words in sentences writings in one order, in russian it can be any order and all would be correct, for example: I love you, Love you i, love i you, you love i - all this is correct on russian. I trying translate all words in right order, but maybe not all, cuz it's hard for me.

PM me if i didn't scared everyone :lol:

Last edited: May 28, 2009
  13. Nat_attack

Nat_attack Rookie

Hello all! I am looking for a open-minded beta for my ongoing CSI: NY story 'Missing You'.
    I am currently wrapping up Chapter 5 and would be mainly looking for someone to look over that chapter, but I would also love if you read over my other chapters as well, as they are un-beta'd and have only been read over by yours truly. :p

Anyway, here's a bit more info about the story.

Fandom: CSI: NY
    Pairing: Danny/Flack
    Rating: Mature
    Spoilers: Major ones for 5-25.

If you would be interested, please drop me a message on here and we can exchange some sort of communication, I have e-mail, AIM and MSN, whichever you prefer. ^^

14. A. FineLabrats

A. FineLabrats Rookie

I'd be happy to beta for someone. My beta profile is in the FF link in my signature. But first, it would be helpful to read my fics to see if our style of writing would be compatible.

15. GeekLove<3

GeekLove<3 Witness

Hey :D

I'm looking for someone who's willing to beta a story a friend and I have been writing. I don't want to give any details about it right now, so if anyone is willing to beta a CSI: Las Vegas (Grissom/Sara) fan fic, I'd be really grateful! <3 We should be done the Prologue by tomorrow. :)

If you want to know what the fic is about, you can read my signature, or if you need more details, you can email me; my email address should be on my profile. :)