Beta Volunteers

umbrello

Rookie
I thought it would good idea to set up a thread for people to volunteer their services as a beta.

Anyone who wants to do this should post something like this:

Name:
Pairings you beta:
Beta specialty: i.e. grammer, tense, flow, character, etc

Yeah, I could use some beta help. Great Idea!
I write Slash stories though. (starring either Nick & Greg or Grissom & Greg)

I don't write stories but i would be glad to beta them if anyone needs help... i beta danny/flack, danny/mac, danny/hawkes, nick/greg... i used to looking at grammer, flow and characters... hope this helps somebody

I have written my first Greg/Grissom story but I would love for someone to beta it for me just to be sure the grammer, spacing, and story concept are OK. It's rated NC-17. So I can't post it here or link to it but...PM is OK.

OK Nevermind, I found someone.

Name: Crysthala. <bonks on the head with Daedric Warhammer of Obviousness>
Pairings you beta: All of them... except for things involving Ecklie and Sofia.
Beta specialty: grammar (notice the A as opposed to the E ;)), flow, spelling, general savoryness.
Yeah, just send it to me in a PM or e-mail it to me, and I'll do my best. It doesn't necessarily have to be for here; I can beta pretty much anything you like. So yeah. Yay. Things to read :)

Name: Jenna (Even though most people call me CMI. You pick)
Pairings you beta: Any, I suppose; I'm bored out of my mind so bring it on!
Beta specialty: Grammar, spelling, flow, anything.

PM me or email me and I hope I can help!

Name: Dee
Pairing: Anything as long as it's LV I don't know enough about the others to be much help. (I do lean towards
Warrick involved fics, but not limited to)

Speciality: lil bit of it all

I don't have any fanfic ideas of my own, so I'm bored and willing to help others. PM or email me!

Name: Alysia

Pairing: Uh, Nick and Sara. I've never really focused on the other characters. I could help if they are in supporting roles, but not if they are pushed to the front.

Specialty: Grammer, tense, flow, I think I could do a good job on helping the author to keep the characters in character.

Feel free to PM me if anyone is interested.

Crysthala said:
Dee, for fanfiction ideas? Inspiration? Your avatar. <purr> Warrick... <drool> <stare> <thud>

Thank you for pointing out that my avatar can be used to inspire other things besides inappropriate fantasies. I think I now have a plot for my next fanfiction. (includes half-naked Warrick wielding a sword! ;) )

iwantboromir said:
Thank you for pointing out that my avatar can be used to inspire other things besides inappropriate fantasies. I think I now have a plot for my next fanfiction. (includes half-naked Warrick wielding a sword! ;) )
Yay! ^.^
How to tell if you're an optimist:
You see iwantboromir's avatar and say he's half-naked. If you're a pessimist, you'd say it's the wrong half. ;) :devil:

Crysthala you're evil...me likes :devil:!

About the beta thing though, I'm always up for it.

The name's Ashley, and I love Cath/War, Gris/Lady H, Sandle and Snickers especially, but I'll beta just about anything (except slash, sorry).

Specialties: I do it all. From spelling errors, to characterization, to fact checking, I'm ready, willing and experienced.

Feel free to hit me up in a PM or via my email (in profile).

Is there anyone who's good at Mac and Mac/Stella? Discussions in the NY thread have inspired me and I've written the first of a series of ficlets. Warning though the first one is extremely dark and angsty.

Back