Horatio/DC#14: Even heroes have the right to bleed

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Lucy, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. H_Miami_fan

H_Miami_fan Police Officer

That's good news!
    All this just because she didn't get an autograph? talk about overreacting.
    I just bought one off the net, works better that deathtreaths...

2. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Too be honest, I wasn't sure if this type of news was allowed here. I'm so thrilled for David and his family. What a wonderful job the two blogs did in assisting law enforcement. Dojo and The Stalker Chronicles, isn't it?

Hopefully some of the Caruso bashing will die down now. I know it will never totally go away, and I can ignore most of it. But Heidi's was so vulgar and the lies so numerous and outrageous, it was mindboggling.

And the fact that very few people stopped to check and simply believed the worst because it was Caruso and they didn't like him or they don't like the character Horatio was extremely frustrating.

I feel a vent coming on, so I'm ending this right now.

I'm very happy for David and I hope that this means some positive things will be said about him for a change. It would be nice. :)

3. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

:thumbsup:
    Yes, gossip discouraged and rightfully so. But this person touched everyone on the internet with an interest in David or the show. The end of her dominance is cause for celebration. :hugegrin:

4. csi_justine

csi_justine Witness

I am so happy that it is all over!:)

I was thinking about after all this...the writers will probably write an episode about it similar what happen to David but on H. I wonder how that would turn out... on my though i think it will a cool idea!

5. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

Oh wow, I'm so glad that stalking thing is over....It really creeped me out every time I heard news about her, especially when they said she escaped or something. Does anyone know if she came on here?

Anyway, If anyone was watching The Soup Award things tonight, David got an award! Ha! They showed him really quickly after coming back from a commercial break, but they were on the Miami set! :) I laughed so hard when I saw that. I know they give him a hard time, but it's all in good fun. :)

6. Enhinti

Enhinti Rookie

The stalker is gone!
    I was just chatting about it on another site. So glad. So happy. We can all rest a little easier now. And Caruso and his family to will feel a little safer. She really was a nut job. I hope they lock her up in a mental prison or criminally insane. I hope that she if put away so that she can't hurt her children or anyone else. And I hope also that she has no access to the internet or email, or anything!
    This should be declared Miami Day! Whahooooooooooo!

7. starshadow

starshadow Dead on Arrival

Oh, that's such good news! *does the dance of joy*

David and his family must be breathing easier now; and that's all to the good.

8. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Okay. Time to kick this thread back to life. :)

Did anyone happen to catch David's biography on A&E a few weeks ago? It was pretty interesting.

David wasn't interviewed, but the subject of the biography often isn't. Peter Weller is a friend of David's and he said some very nice things. The only cast member from CSI Miami to be interviewed was Rex Linn and he always says wonderfully complimentary things about David. Mr. Linn is a class act! Just one more reason I like Mr. Linn!

Anyway, if you didn't see it and you get a chance to catch it in the future, I'd highly recommend it.

9. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

I had no idea A&E had this on. I will definitely watch it if they repeat it.

10. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

Oh my God I had no idea he was being stalked.....I'm so glad Caruso & his family are ok...what a freaky thing. I wish I understood why people do that kind of crap...it's much easier to just pray you get lucky and ask for an autograph or a picture; they tend to be a wee more friendly at that point, too :)
    Is Caruso pressing charges (I'm not usre how stalking charges work internationally) or did she carry it to a federal level and now the state is stepping in?

Sorry to continue the conversation but I'm all curious now :p

11. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

It apparently started out as a love obession. She actually met David and I've heard a couple of different stories about how that went, but apparently not well. Love turned to hate and the waged a campaign of hate all across the Internet from that moment on.

Charges are pending against this woman in her home country, Austria. At some point I know that the FBI got involved, probably when David started to receive the death threats.

She had made it to Mexico once before, I think in 2007, and they shut down her credit cards and put her picture up at the border crossings. She lost her job because she didn't return after two weeks and after several months had to make a deal with an Austrian paparazza to sell her story to get back home.

I believe that she said it was all a joke and that as a celebrity David should expect what she was doing and just deal with it.

Anyway, she had a sentencing hearing scheduled for April 2008 and she skipped out again, back to Mexico. Apparently the Austrian judge didn't think it was important to take her passport - even though she had skipped once before.

So she made it back to Mexico and hid out there, with her laptop, since April. For well over two years she had multiple websites under several different names all designed to trash David Caruso in any way she could. She would use one identity to claim something horrible and then support it with her other identities to make it look like she had a lot of support.

Her court appointed psychatrist diagnosed her with a profound personality disorder that could turn dangerous. That's why a lot of people were concerned about the fact she had threated David, his oldest daughter Greta and Liza Marquez, the mother of his two youngest children, and she was hiding just over the border in Tijuana.

Gossip columnists, critics and fans who don't like David would pick up on her lies and run with them. Aussiello, when he was with TV Guide, was a good example. He was still doing it over at Entertainment Weekly when Heidi was free and feeding him stuff. It was horrible to watch. Hopefully they will lock her up and take her Internet access away.

Oh, and get her some help for heavens sake!

12. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

:scream:
    Good synopsis, Delynn. My concern is that she be turned over to immigration and/or Interpol for extradition to Austria. Although she hasn't been back online since February 20th, I have little faith in the Mexican government to hold her without pressure from the FBI and Austrian authorities. It would be wonderful to get some confirmation that she's safely in detention in Innsbruck, but I doubt that will happen. Their government doesn't release names until conviction.

Austrians online have said Heidi's sentence, if convicted, will probably be 3 years, with 15 months served, then probation. I question whether she'll have internet access while incarcerated and whether she'll get the treatment she needs.

13. Criminologist86

THREE YEARS!??!?! With PROBATION!?!? WHAT!? What kind of government locks some insane stalker (ESPECIALLY with, what I assume, would be Multiple Personality Disorder...those people don't get better without meds and most don't stay on them like they should, and have to be institutionalised) who stalked a guy from another country and threatened to KILL his family for ONLY three years?!?! I really, really hope the FBI does its job and pressures the HECK outta that government to incarcarate her, better yet, incarcarate and THEN institutionalise her. There is CLEARLY something wrong with that woman...Normal, mentally stable people don't do things like that....

I thought she got turned over to the Austrian government? They really, really should, unless she's somehow become a Mexican citizen, or whatever you can do to be tried by a government other than your own country's. I'm hoping for the maximum sentance and maximum time served...and hopefully institutionalization will happen- that would be safer for society in general, including Caruso & his family.

PS- I would assume that she would have internet access, although I don't know how the Mexican government works it...I would think inmates here have it, unless charged with certain crimes that would cause the judge to rule they can't use it so as not to endanger others...

14. Enhinti

Enhinti Rookie

I think the Mexican government will be glad to turn her over. She's a nut job and no way a Mexican citizen! But things like ease take a long time to process. Its not like tv where you can be extradited in a matter of minutes! Haha!

15. Criminologist86

You're right about the extradition process- I'm a criminal justice major so I get to hear about this stuff...a lot...LOL ;P
    I'm suuure they'll be glad to get that woman off of their hands- she needs treatment & to be locked up; I'm not one to deny someone freedom, but when you are clearly a danger to society, you need to be controlled in any way possible.

Good luck with all that, Mexican government! LOL Congrats on being stalker free, Caruso ;)

So what's David up to these days? I NEVER keep up on CSI Miami cast members, so ya'll are gonna have to fill me in ;p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.