Horatio/DC#14: Even heroes have the right to bleed

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Lucy, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. H_Miami_fan

H_Miami_fan Police Officer

I didn't take his age in to calculation, maybe it's so...or maybe not.
    And you're probably right about H always being a cop to, but the incidents of his past seems to be something that fuels him to be a better cop somehow. As to the fact that he'd have been 20, well i don't quite see the whole picture here. I always got the feeling he was just a kid when that happened. But then there hasn't been any more looks into Horatios' past on the show in a while exept for Julia and Kyle and isn't enough to reveal the full picture. Although that's a subject I think we all would love to learn more about.

:)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
  2. Enhinti

Enhinti Rookie

Oh I totally agree that H's past has fueled him. I guess I was thinking of it more of a complete thing and not a single incident.
    H told Jennifer that his father was am abuser. I think I always assumed that the abuse was continuous for as long as H can remember and that it ultimately ended with the father's and mother's deaths.
    H would have had many memories of the abuse to his mother from when he was a child, and also trying to protect Ray from it. I think this would have been a driving force for him to be a good cop and to protect children.

Ray seemed pretty messed up, beating up his partner, sleeping with his partner's wife, and taking drugs, and stuff. I guess that was from all those years of abuse under their father.

3. marymagdalen

marymagdalen Lab Technician

I always believed H was quite young, about 17, when he killed his father, but... I have no idea why I thought that! :wtf:

But all your age stuff ^ does make sense. I just wish they'd pick up this storyline in the series again and put us all out of our misery! :p

Leni

4. Enhinti

Enhinti Rookie

Hopefully trying to protect Kyle and Julia from that psychopath of a Ron, H will find a way to heal from his parents' deaths.
    Its got to be on his mind when he sees his son.

5. H_Miami_fan

6. Enhinti

Enhinti Rookie

Oh those are great pictures! Thanks!

7. Zelda

Zelda Hit and Run

Oh my. Horatio + small child = my ovaries vibrating super quick. Must be the whole "man caring for child" thing :shifty:

In all seriousness DC will hold a special place in my heart.

8. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Hello. I'm new to posting, although I've lurked for a long time, so I hope I do this right.

I was hoping to find some others who enjoy Horation/DC. That means, of course, that I will need to stop lurking and contribute. I'm a little nervous. I've hesitated for so long because it just seems that feelings regarding Horatio/DC run a little on the negative side in this forum (not this thread, of course), but I'm going to give it a try anyway. I hoping if I stick to this thread I'll be safe. :)

I really enjoyed Monday's episode. I saw shades of the Horatio from seasons 1-3. I've missed that Horatio, so it was nice to see. I love Horatio hugs, Horatio processing (lab coat and flash light!) and Horatio out in the field with most of his team.

I love watching Horatio work with Ryan, Natalia, Eric and especially Frank. He has great chemistry with the actor who portrays Stetler and I really wish they would bring him in more. In fact, there have been several episodes lately where Stetler could have been used.

The last couple of seasons have been hard for me as a Horatio fan, but I'm encouraged with season 7 and I hope things continue as they have.

Well, I guess that's a start. If I've said anything inappropriate I hope the moderators will be kind with their corrections.

9. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

:beer:
    Welcome to the HC thread, DeLynn, and posting in general. You did just fine and echo the feelings of many of us here.

10. Enhinti

Enhinti Rookie

Welcome Delynn! I love your screen name. Is it the same as the Welsh Dylan?

I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed in H's portrayal these pass few seasons. Me, I always thought that H's most emotional and moving scenes were in season 4 and 6. I do love all of the seasons though, and hope that Susie and Madison come back. H was always brilliant with them!

11. H_Miami_fan

Welcome DeLynn :)

I agree that mondays ep were really good. speaking of which... I think we've been having a lack of new picks in this thread, so here's some from "Presumed Guilty"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome. And the screen caps, H_Miami_Fan. They're wonderful!

Enhinti, my screen name is a combination of my first name and middle name. But I like your idea better. :)

I can't say that I didn't enjoy the beginning of season 4, actually. Horatio was still part of the team, although he was showing signs of pulling away. He might not have processed evidence, but he was still actively checking with each team member about the progress of the case and how their processing was going. I really can't remember the last time I saw Horatio carrying a processing kit. And he has a tendency when he finds a piece of evidence, to stand over it and then yell for Ryan or Eric to pick it up.

I don't know. He just slowly changed into a Horatio that wasn't the same character that I had so respected in the first couple of seasons. So I became somewhat disillusioned.

I realize that characters have to grow, but the basic values of the character have to remain true. And Horatio was the heart, soul and conscience of the show.

The end of season 4 through season 5 is what almost did me in. When the Marisol storyline came along, Horatio, for me anyway, went through some changes to his core values. I think if I had been able to buy into the "great love" storyline they were trying to sell it may have worked for me. But I was never able to "feel" that relationship. When Marisol was killed and Horatio's mourning went on and on, he was really no longer interacting with the team and the answer to every situation was to pull his gun and shoot someone I struggled to stay with the show.

But I hung in there. When I heard in season 6 Horatio would find out he had a teenage son, I thought that sounded interesting - and it was. And I really like the little bits of the old Horatio that I'm seeing in season 7. I'm watching now just to see those moments and I hope they keep coming!

I do like the Horatio/Kyle storyline, although I wish they would make Horatio and Kyle a little closer and wrap up Julia's place in Horatio's life. I do have to say that, although I'm not a huge fan of Elizabeth Berkley, I think she does a good job with Julia.

And I would love to see them bring Suzie and Madison back! I always thought the actress who played Suzie had great chemistry with David. I'd love to see Madison as a teenager and watch her interact with Kyle. There are plenty of CSI type storylines that could fit with their return.

Okay, I'm really rambling now. It's time to hush. Thank you again for your warm welcome. It is so apprecated.

13. Enhinti

Enhinti Rookie

I chose a Celtic name for mine "Enhinti" meaning unknown. Haha!

Oh I love Kyle too. Evan does such a great job with him. You can really see him strugling with the complication of where he is and what is happening. I love seeing H and Kyle together. They really look like father and son, and all of H's softness comes out when he's with Kyle. Even in "Bombshell" where he was telling Kyle to stop fighting, it was a very daddy moment. Awwwwwww.

I am totally not a fan of Berkley but I do think she is a good actress and I really like what she is doing with Julia. I felt that she and H had amazing chemestry and she really looked like she could be Kyle's mother. I suppose she is a little young to play the part (she's only 37) but not so much that it was distracting. I'm glad they chose her to play Julia.

If you are interested, I stated a "H and Julia" shipper thread under Shipper Central.

14. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Thanks, Enhinti. I'll check it out when I get a chance.

I'm new, but I think shipper conversations are supposed to take place in the shipper thread, so I'll just say if I had to pick any character on the show for Horatio to be with it would probably be Yelina at this point. It used to be Calleigh in the first couple of seasons but that character has changed so much that now I don't think she'd be good for Horatio at all.

I'd actually like to see them bring a new character in for him. Someone professional, strong, independent, self-confident and most important someone his own age for heaven's sake!

15. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

:beer:
    I'm surprised I haven't seen this news posted. The 2+ year stalking of David Caruso by an Austrian woman who's been in hiding in Tijuana is over. She was picked up late Thursday night, turned over to immigration and Interpol, to be returned to Austria for trial.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/David-Caruso-Stalker-1003139.aspx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.