Eric and Calleigh #34 - Heating up Miami

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Feb 24, 2009.

?

Thread Title

Poll closed Mar 1, 2009.
  1. Taking It To The Next Level

7 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. She's The Right Girl

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. He Can't Imagine Life Without Her

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. At Last!

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Miami Heat

12 vote(s)
    13.5%
  6. Finally!

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  7. Heating up Miami

26 vote(s)
    29.2%
  8. True love lasts forever

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  9. Not even a horse can come between them

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  10. Even Nuns Want To See Some Action

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  11. Going Canon, Baby!

24 vote(s)
    27.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dina_Wizy

Dina_Wizy Hit and Run

Oh, please no, neither a drama of a life, nor a drama of relationships!!!!

If we get ours pair together..... it's quite enough.
    Let fans of other characters to have their pleasure from show.

In the further I wish to see Eric and Сalleigh ONLY at a work, let they cooperate not only with each other, but with all team.
    There will be enough, if I know about they together - once during 2-3 episodes. IMHO
    For everything else there are masters of fics. :)

I'm mad maniac about Hiphuggers, but I am afraid to surfeit love lines of any characters.
    There should be a measure in all.

2. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

I think they'll try to hide it from the others, but it won't last forever :lol: I mean, ignoring each other in the crime scene is not the best covering for their relationship, I think Ryan and Natalia will notice, but if they are real friends [I know they are] they will make a secret. I think they should tell H, he is their boss, and a good boss who are always protecting his team, so I think they should tell him. But that's just me ;)

I think it isn't right if Stetler doesn't show up to cause some "damages". Afterall, it wasn't fair, you know why [cake], if that rule exist for the others, it has to exist for E/C. I wish that rule gone, but, like I said, it wasn't fair...
    But they can't broke up b/c of that, they just need to find a way :) And I'm sure that H will protecting them like he use to :D

Oh my goshhh!! 2 days for me to watch the epi :D:D:D:D

Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
  3. anamarya

anamarya Witness

well, a little more than one and a half day to go....

just for playing it safe i'll put the tags,even thou they are only my thoughts, but still...
    i think that at least at the beginning they will try to keep it a secret, partly because of the rule but mainly, in my opinion, because when you have something new and nice going on you want some privacy in the first stages, is not so much that you don't trust people or something like that,but because you want to enjoy it. after awhile probably everybody will have some idea about what is happening and they will come forward because they are not only colleagues but friends.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2009
  4. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

So... I've neglected this thread far too long. I'm sorry! I feel like such a tool, asking a question like I did, and after so many people gave such lovely answers, I don't even come back to reply! Ugh. Someone slap me on the wrist. *extends wrist*

First of all...

You're welcome! I was actually worried that I might've accidentally done something against the rules by bringing up questions inspired by a thread which OPPOSES the E/C ship. I'm glad that I've incurred your thanks rather than your wrath. :)

Now, getting back OT. I'd asked:

Has the Eric/Calleigh relationship seemed contrived or overhyped?

I loved what y'all had to say. Like this:

And this:

And this:

So... Eric and Calleigh...

They've been working together for 7 years so they've obviously developed a rapport, that much can't be denied. I think that there has always been an attraction, too. It may have been just a small twinge of something at first, such as noticing that the other is sexy or funny or sweet, etc, without making much of it. Evidence of this can be seen in their suggestive quips, glances and occasional flirtations throughout the series. I think it's always brewed beneath the surface but was never addressed, and they went about their lives because neither thought it was significant enough to address at the possible expense of their friendship and their professional relationship.

But Eric's shooting changed that. As JoannaRose mentioned, each character has been through a LOT, more than the average person, and it's obviously affected them. But a near death experience would shake anyone to their core. It makes absolute sense that, for the person who got shot, priorities would shift and growing emotions that had been repressed and ignored would leap out and demand attention. Being shot doesn't make you SUDDENLY, out of the blue, fall in love with someone, as some have suggested, but it CAN help to shine a light on feelings that you thought could be pushed aside or left alone to be dealt with later.

Now... as much as I'm sure that Eric came to accept his growing love for Calleigh after his shooting, I'm also sure that he was scared. What kind of serious relationship have we known him to have had in the past? None that I can recall. He's always been the womanizer (I'm sure we all remember the toothing) and he had a more-than-a-fling, less-than-a-relationship with Natalia, but that seemed to be more of a fun, shallow, sexual kind of connection rather than something depthful and long-term. So I can definitely understand why he continued to hold his emotions inside until recently. He probably didn't know what to do with himself. Once he stopped playing the field and acknowledged his real and mature affection for his best friend, he was out of his element. I don't think it makes him a "wimp", as it's been suggested. It makes him unschooled in the area of true love. I think he's "getting it" at this point, though. ;)

Now, turning to Calleigh... like delkolover quoted, almost losing someone has quite an effect as well. To me, it's entirely believable and appropriate for Calleigh to have taken a renewed and more intensive interest in Eric after his shooting. They're friends, he was having a tough time, she cares, so she's done a lot to help him. She may not have always stayed completely within the lines, such as when she didn't tattle on him for the "cheat sheet" and when she perused the therapists files with him pre-court order, but if we were to condemn any character for going out of bounds, we'd have to condemn pretty much every character on the show. If she'd let slide something especially egregious, I would've been pissed, but I don't think she did. She knows and understands him on a deeply personal level, so I think it's safe to say that her intuition when it comes to Eric is trustworthy. If she'd sensed that he needed more help than she could offer, or if his slip-ups and stumbles were bigger and badder, she would have gone to H. I don't think this has affected her negatively.

When it comes to her romantic feelings, I've said recently that I've come to see her relationship with Jake in a positive light. After Speedle, Peter and Hagen, she needed someone or something to bring her out of her funk. She needed something safe, something familiar, something that didn't involve the possibility of jeopardizing the most important friendship in her life. Jake fulfilled those needs. She WAS happy with him. I just don't think she was completely happy. I think their involvement helped her to connect with her emotions again, which in turn helped her to recognize her feelings for Eric, feelings that she realized weren't going to go away.

I also wanted to say very quickly that I can understand her hesitation to accept Eric's "half-confessions" and "high-context insinuations" of his feelings. After Hagen and Jake (who, again, was good for her to some degree but whose very presence was also extremely unreliable), she needed something concrete. She needed more than hints and loaded comments and suggestive looks. That's why I was sooooooo relieved when, in Smoke Gets In Your CSI's, he straight-up admitted to saying that he couldn't imagine living without her. Now THAT'S unambiguous.

All of this makes sense to me. I can wrap my head around it. This, to me, is not what "forced" looks like.

Oh, and about the "overhyping"... yeah, I think it's been overhyped lately. Like practically everyone else has said, it's sweeps time, and sex sells. I adored the promos but I can certainly understand why others didn't. The thing is... articles and interviews and promos may have gone a little E/C-centric, but to me, those will always be a distant second to the show itself. I don't usually pay much attention to the press (with my recent attention being the notable exception), so I see Hiphuggers almost completely through the show and nothing else. That's how I developed my interest in this pairing, through CSI Miami itself and not through media outside the program, so the hype isn't a big deal to me.

Good gawd, I wrote too much. Sorry, just had to get my thoughts out there. If you made it through all of that, then thank you for wading through all of my ramblings. If you didn't, well, you obviously didn't make it this far and I don't blame you. And I don't expect many people to respond (since this is a MASSIVE) post, but... well, I'm posting it anyway. This is a message board, after all, and this is where my E/C thoughts belong!

5. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I think they will try to hide it as long as it possible. Firstly because of that stupid rule, which I absolutely don't understand, but still it does exist. So they'll try to keep it under wraps. And secondly like Anamarya said it's the begining of thier relationship so it's normal they want to keep it only for theirsleves. They just want to enjoy each other without noxious interest.;)
    And yes I think he will cause problems for them. I guess his return in 7.21 may have something to do with it. I hpoe I'm wrong, but it's possible. :(

6. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

Thought I would tell everybody that I have the CBS video box embeded on the Hiphuggers myspace page now so you can go there and see the behind the senes stuff. I am planning a chatt box soon as I can get one and embed it you can live chat there if you want!

Ok I have a live Chat box in Hiphuggers Myspace So if yyou want to live chat you can go there snd talk live but you have to have an account for My Space.

7. CalleighEric

CalleighEric Police Officer

Let the countdown begin! Tomorrow is Monday, March 2nd :bolian:

I think I said this before, but this is my take on the scene based on the interview and the promo...

When Eric is let out of the detention center, Calleigh makes that comment about the marriage thing, and then, my guess is, they start talking. Then, Calleigh makes the comment about Eric coming home with her, and that's when Eric starts rambling about the danger he's in, which, in turn, follows her. Then, Calleigh interupts him by kissing him, and they leave together, with Calleigh kind of clinging her arms around his middle (as seen in the interview) with them both smiling. :)

8. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

I don't think EC is out of the blue. I seriously believe that it's been building for a while. I could see the chemistry from the first time they were together in a scene.

Is it hyped? Right now, of course it is. Producers want to boost the ratings, and we all know that EC is getting the attention. I think that after next epi everything will be back to normal with little moments here and there.

To be honest, I don't believe non EC shippers when they say that they don't like how EC is written or how there's to many scenes revolving around them. When Cal was with Jake, I didn't care if they had one or hundred scenes about their relationship, I minded the fact that Cal was with Jake, because I didn't like the paring. I'm sure non of the people that ship Eric and Calleigh with other people would mind if their paring had a lot of screening time.

So, Stetler is back... I think it will absolutely have something to do with Calleigh and Eric. I just hope they don't make to much drama over it. I'd be okay if EC had some drama in the season finale or somewhere next season. When I say drama, I don't think breaking up, but having some kind of problem. I personally think it will happen in the season finale, but we'll just have to wait and see.

9. electra

electra Pathologist

I am more of a casual viewer and until recently,I didn't even participate in message boards.But I always noticed the chemistry.It was mainly friendship but there were certain episodes when they were smilling or calling each other "hot stuff" that definely seemed like flirting.I understand the writers reluctance becouse is risky to put 2 main characters in a relationship but I think that eventually they caved in given fans response.And you can see that they have been careful to develop something serious so things sounds good for this couple.

10. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Yeah I don't know how much of Stetler being there will have to do with E/C. I mean remember what Ryan goes through in 720?? I think the majority of his visit will have something to with that...however, that is not to say that Stetler might not see the change in E/C and keep an eye on them for the future. ;)

I think 721 is too soon for E/C to be outed....but that is just my opinion ;)

11. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

delkolover, I love your avatar :thumbsup:

I have to agree with you, I think that 7.21 is too soon for Eric & Calleigh's relationship to be outed to Stetler. I am thinking that some people might know about it but they wouldn't say anything to Stetler because they would want to respect their privacy. After all, they are all adults and no one would intentionally out them (well I would hope not at least) But as delkolover mentioned, maybe Stetler will notice something. After all he isn't stupid (even if we don't like him) I am really curious to see if Stetler does indeed find out if he will go to Eric & Calleigh directly or if he will bring it up to Horatio to handle.

12. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Obviously the other CSIs have seen what's going on...

between them! Natalia, suspected from the kiss on the cheek, so she definately knows and then Ryan made that comment on Smoke...CSIs to her and she asks 'watr talk bout?' he definately knows and I won't be surprized if H just somehow knows. I base his knowing on the end of All in where he watched from the balcony. So yeah, it's no big secret.

What I exprect for Stet's arrival is a meeting with the two, either together or one at a time. I'll go for one at a time. Cal goes first cause he finds her first and their in interrogation and then Ryan/Nat tell Eric about it. At that same time Cal meets him and says be careful and/or tells him to hide. But after hiding Stet finds H and asks him where he is and H asks why is he searching for them and they both get on each others nerves, Stet tells him about Cal and Eric, and shows possible evidence or something. But H doesnt know where Eric is and if he did he wouldn't tell him. Stet tells him to tell him that he wants to see him. H later finds Eric and tells him and asks him about it, which Eric cannot lie to him and in the midddle of telling him the truth Cal hears in the distance and is about to walk away, but H calls her to join. 'whatr we gonna do?' she asks, 'it's up to u 2' h says, then adds 'come clean or try to get him off guard' he leaves them to talk. 'there's one thing I know that wont change and that is: i love and will always be with you, no matter wat Stet says.' Eric says...

13. iloveEC

iloveEC Victim

Ok I've been lurking these boards and now that its Sunday I just couldn't wait to brag about EC!
    Stetler coming to CSI won't have to do only with Eric and Calleigh. Since Ryan will be dealing with something in 7.20, he'd probably go only to address that problem and then see EC together and annoy them as well. What I do expect is Stetler complaining to Horatio (like always) about his team and then maybe give him an ultimatum. Thats only because it would be at the end of the season and the writers like to torture us viewers with suspense.
    Also I think I read on spoiler tv somewhere that Eric and Calleigh are going to have problems and Eric will suspect Cal is cheating on him. Just something I read, so don't take my word for it. It could be a rumor but who knows? Anything is fair game now.

14. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Well Weclome iloveEC!! :D Nice to see another lurker, delukring :D

Eric is not going to suspect that Cal is cheating on him....he is going to see a pic of Cal with the horse trainer from ep 713 "And they're Offed." in ep 719. I don't think he thinks she is cheating...in fact I know b/c he makes the comment that the pic was taken 2 months prior to ep 719 which means it was before they got together. I think he is more jealous or upset that she didn't mention it than anything else. I think this will be the first relationship where Eric will feel self conscious...he has always been the playboy, 'love'm and leav'em' type but things are different with Cal he cares deeply for her...so therefore he is a little self conscious and fearful of losing her.

When he shows her the pic and she goes to call the trainer to warn him he might be in danger....Eric is a little shocked that she has his number in her phone....she tells him it was just one afternoon and that she hung out with him and that it was before them....she reassures him there is nothing between them.

But given the spoilers for 720....we sooo know there is nothing to wory about. ;)

15. vickyhiphuggers

vickyhiphuggers Prime Suspect

1 day to go :D! 1 and a half for me!:rolleyes:

I think that Stetler on 7.21 will probably be for Ryan but no rush I'm sure Eric & Calleigh will get there fair share of him but hopefully H will sort all of that out like usual, there not gonna make it easy for them there's got to be some drama, it's CSI:Miami :lol:. Lets just enjoy it now that our favourite couple are together! :). Ryan and Natalia will definitely find out about them being together well Ryan already mentioned it to Calleigh before 'Smoke gets in your CSIs' !! and Natalia when the kiss, and of course they are friends, right? Also the fact that they are all CSIs helps and if they are going to work with them and socialise with them they have to know, and H, well H knows everithing! I think he might see the kiss on 7.16, I hope he does :) He would just smile and put his glasses on :cool: like he does. I think if Ryan mentions it to Eric or talks about it with him would be an awesome scene;)!
    About people that don't like E/C saying that there is to much of them, well I love all the E/C stuff I would like more!:) I didn't like Cake or Eden but I watched it and I didn't over react about it! I just thought about Eric and Calleigh and enjoyed there scenes together! Anyways we deserve it we have been waiting for 7 years! :) And now we get a kiss !:drool: C'mon Hiphuggers!!:drool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.