Eric and Calleigh #34 - Heating up Miami

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Feb 24, 2009.

?

Thread Title

Poll closed Mar 1, 2009.
  1. Taking It To The Next Level

7 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. She's The Right Girl

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. He Can't Imagine Life Without Her

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. At Last!

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Miami Heat

12 vote(s)
    13.5%
  6. Finally!

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  7. Heating up Miami

26 vote(s)
    29.2%
  8. True love lasts forever

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  9. Not even a horse can come between them

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  10. Even Nuns Want To See Some Action

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  11. Going Canon, Baby!

24 vote(s)
    27.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Yeah I definately got that feeling too! Eric is telling her he doesn't want her in harms way and she kisses him to 1) shut him up and 2) to let him know she doesn't care about that....she wants to be with him. Bout time Cal took charge of her feelings and the situation ;) Man, this is going to be soooooo good :D

2. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

For real, I'm like so proud of Calleigh. I can't get over how comfortable she seems with Eric actually being her boyfriend and not just her best friend and the guy she's worked with for 7 years.

I mean, I think it says a lot that she initiates the kiss.. and even if she was joking, she mentioned marriage too. It's cute.

3. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Hey, guys! Here's the extended promo...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkvoDZGYk-k

"How about I take you to my place?" :eek: Fic writers, I want some smut... NOW! This is going to be so good. At first I watched the promo without sound and at the end I thought she said "I love you" and I was like "that can't be possible..." But this is... wow! I mean, I expected them to go home together after that, but to actually hear her say it? All I can say is WOW!

Anyway, could somebody please post the link to the interview on YT? We, the non American people can't watch anything on CBS site.

4. anamarya

anamarya Witness

thanks,thank,thanks.is actually better that i thought.hearing her say it out loud is better then thinking about it...i mean them going home together.she is thinking probably that the strange motel is not appropriate after a day in detention

Marija_Magdalena, actually i can see it (the interview) and i'm in Europe, eastern Europe to be precise. i don't know if i can post here the link to CBS.if somebody can confirm me the rules about this i'll do it.

5. delkolover

Thank you soooo much for posting that!!! :eek::eek:

I'm sure there is more than what we are seeing but WOW....you go Calleigh! :devil: I mean the only thing one can infer from a line like that is: comfort sex!! :lol: I'm sure the line is taken a little out of context but WOW...that is HOT!

The interview is up at spoiler tv...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2009
  6. JoannaRose897

You, Marija_Magdalena, are my favorite person at the moment. Thank you so, so much for posting the extended promo on the thread for us to see. It's much appreciated.:)

'Why don't I take you back to my place?'.. well, that was probably taken out of context and was most likely put in the promo so they could get more viewers and higher ratings. Unfortunately.

Hopefully we aren't taking it out of context though.. because then that would mean that there would be sex involved if Eric is over at Calleigh's.. maybe. I'd say it's too soon in their relationship.. but that's crap, this has been building up for a long time.

Anyway, I kind of love how she was sliding her hands down his chest after she pulled away from the kiss and asked about him coming back to her place.

7. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Thanks for the link!

Oh god... That was just perfect. Emily and Adam are so cute. Professional courtesy... So adorable! I loved it. The "I was gonna marry you..." part was so nice. I can get over Calleigh's smile. And Eric is so :drool:... It looks like they are going to kiss twice, IMO... The first one where he's like "I don't want to put you in any danger, danger seems to follow me around" (I think he said something like that). So sweet!!!

8. delkolover

This IS sweeps afterall and SEX does sell :lol:

And I have absolutely NO problem with at whats so ever!! :lol:

Oh yeah but you know that there are certain people out there who will say that Calleigh saying that line makes her sound cheap b/c her character has sooo changed for the worst b/c of this thing with Eric which totally came out of the blue. And of course, Eric is just a wuss b/c he follows her around like a lost puppy. AS IF :rolleyes: (Keep in mind no one has actually said those things...that is just conjecture by me on what some people might say)

Oh there will soooo be sex later that night....no doubt about that :devil:

So to all you fic writers out there....I expect to get up Tuesday morning to some post ep fics....cuz there is NO way that that can not be done!! ;)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  9. JoannaRose897

Amen to that. Sex does sell.

Yeah, I think I'm going to agree with you.. there is going to be sex.

Though we probably won't see Eric and Calleigh at all after they leave the detention center, because I'm guessing that's the end of the episode, it'll be nice to just know that's what is going to happen once they get to her home.

10. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

Alright, sweeties, I have another question. If you don't want to answer... if you think I'm super annoying and want to ignore this... I can certainly accept that. :) But for anyone who wants to answer, I'd love to read your thoughts:

Has the Eric/Calleigh relationship seemed contrived or overhyped?

I've read posts from people who dislike the ship, but I find that I also want to hear from the fans of the ship. I know we support E/C and want it to happen, so our first reaction is to defend it, but trying to look at it from an objective point of view, does anyone think that the storyline &/or the relationship has seemed forced or overdone/overblown?

I'll throw in my thoughts later but I wanted to hear from folks here first.

Now... I just want to make sure everyone (especially the mods) knows: I'm not trying to pick fights or stir up drama. I don't have a problem with the "we dislike E/C" thread. It's just that some of the conversations there have got me thinking and wanting to know how FANS of the ship feel, now that I'm aware of how those who oppose the ship feel; this IS a legitimate request to discuss the E/C ship, so... have at it!

11. delkolover

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!

The thing that some people seem to be missing is that what is happening with E/C now is nothing new! The writers have been addressing this since the end of Season 5! Yes, she went with Jake but in the finale and the eps leading up to it we saw a shift in Eric and Calleigh.

The people who missed that are the same people who, imo, aren't really watching the show anymore. They have become so honed in on and fixed one aspect of the show that they have missed what the writers have been doing with these characters. If they HAD been watching they would have noticed some things. Big things, IMO.

Eric's shooting changed him...it was a traumatic experience that woke him up to how precious life is. This fact is supported by episode 703 when Cal reads his file and it in it or at least voiced over is his "change in perspective" of his life post shooting. As far as Cal is concerned, while she has not mentioned or worn her emotions on her shirt sleeve, she has noticebly gravitated towards Eric. Her big emotional change, as many have mentioned happened back at the end of Season 4 with Hagen's suicide. Now, Natalia mentions, in "Just Murdered" that Cal had take an interest in Eric since he returned to work....not a romantic interest at that point, as Nat hints at but one that, if watching, tells the viewer that Cal too was affected by the shooting and is watching over Eric more than anyone else in the lab.

Did she go with Jake at the end of season 5? Yes. I am not demeaning that ship in anyway...not at all. I don't have that in me. But to deny that when she "chose" Jake, her and Eric hadn't at least broached the subject of them is rediculous. Again, some people were and are just sooo focused in on one aspect of the show that they can't see the forest for the trees. And imo, that is why they think this ship fell from the sky or is out of the blue.

“When you nearly lose someone, it's like you get the chance to press the reset button. If you’re lucky you get to realize it’s all still there, you just needed to recognize it.”

That is exactly what Eric's shooting did to BOTH of them.

It is not exceptionally overhyped....since ep 703 we had what 3 eps, not counting Monday, that had somewhat "romantic" E/C content in them. In those eps they "talk" or attempt to talk about them....imo that is not overhyping something.

Is the promo ALL about them? YES. Is THAT a little overhyped? YES. But it IS Sweeps and SEX SELLS. That is just the way of TV today! ;)

People keep contending that E/C has been dropped from the sky...No it was not. You want to know when E/C started? Go back and rewatch "Just Murdered" or, to a lesser extent, you can even go back and re watch "Man Down" paying close attention, in both eps, to character reactions and expressions.

The reason we have seen "more" of E/C as of late is b/c the climatic moment is on its way....the hints were there from season 5 on, the nuances were there from the end of season 6 til the last 3 eps, which were the set up for the big moment of reveal. It was and is a sequence of events. It was/is a progression.

People who dislike this ship will probably always dislike this ship....are they entitled to do so? Of course! But there are also people who love this ship. There are always two sides to a every story. Right now, this is the part of the story the writers have decided to tell.

12. JoannaRose897

I think this is the most that I've posted on here in one day/night.

Anyway..

Personally, I do happen to think that it is a bit overhyped. I wouldn't say contrived though, Eric and Calleigh's relationship doesn't seem at all forced.

Despite other peoples opinions, who have said that it does seemed forced and that the writers had to add in all these lame storylines that seem completely unreal just to build up their relationship and that this has both changed them, I disagree.

While I agree that there has been way too many dramatic storylines (Man Down, All In, Smoke Gets In Your CSI's, Stand Your Ground, And How Does That Make You Kill?, Wrecking Crew, & The Deluca Motel) involving each Calleigh and Eric seperately in the past few seasons since the relationship has been building up, I don't think they were particularly written just to play a part in the forming relationship.

Eric and Calleigh both are completely different people than they were in season one. But I don't think either of them played a part in the other one changing..whatsoever. What with all that has happened to Calleigh, hell yeah she is going to be a different person. I happen to think that Speedles death started the change in everyone. But Hagen killing himself, is what I think really sent Calleigh over the edge to being who she has been since season 4 and so on. Because of Eric, I think she might be changing back to the Calleigh she use to be in the first two season. Back in 1 and 2, she seemed more happy and comfortable in her environment. After Speedle and Hagens deaths, she closed up a whole lot.

Eric, changed because of his shooting. He's made progress since he was first shot and back at work, but he's still that guy. The shooting made him realize that certain things in life are much more important than he though prior to the shooting.. not sure how Calleigh fits into how Eric is or how he use to be.

This being sweeps month, E/C is going to be overhyped.. A lot of people aren't fans of them, but a lot of people are. The promo having what it did of E/C in it, in my opinion, is to get ratings. I was surprising to have a promo like that and I don't see any other reason besides ratings to have a promo like that and a press release that mentions it.

Most interviews that have been released lately are of Emily and Adam talking about E/C.. even when Eva La Rue and also Megalyn Echikunwoke were interviewed during season 7, they were both asked about the Eric-Calleigh romance.

I am a huge shipper of Eric and Calleigh and probably will be as long as the show goes on.. but I think all the press and attention they have been getting has somewhat of a negative effect on the show. Not everyone likes the pair and all the hype they have been getting, may possibly drive fans of the show away.

Anyway, those are my opinions. Not so sure I answered your question, though.

13. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

No, no at all!!

This relationship is growing since long time ago, in the begginning they were friends, nothing more. But, then, something terrible happened to Eric, he got shot and almost died what changed his life. Do you remember that 'womanizer' Eric? Yes, I do but only before he got shot. That changed all his life, but, also Calleigh's life. I think it was there that they started to feel something abou each other, we can see that in Just Murdered, with the kiss in the cheek and those conversations, Burned, with that 'Eric...' by Calleigh, in 'Born To Kill', why did Eric was so disapointed? I mean, if he felt only friendship for her, he suposed to be happy, I mean, when some of my friends are happy I am too. Eric didn't know that well Jake, so he couldn't be disapointed with Calleigh for her start with Jake... That WAS and IS love!!
    In season 6 we have some more eppis where we can see their relationship growing!

Then in 703, we've a confirmation about Eric's feelings, in Wrecking Crew, Calleigh finally said that she wasn't ok, we all know Cal very well, she never says she's not ok, that means, she trust Eric, altought, she trust him since forever that 'I trust you with every fiber of my being...' and 'You know that I trust with my life..'. Then in 712, it was that conversation about Eric's feelings, and Calleigh's feelings, I mean, when she said 'what do you want?' it was like 'I love you Eric, do you love me?' she was already saying that she loves him, but she had her heart broken many times and she don't that to happen again, she has to be sure if Eric feels the same for her, in 714, we all know what happened, one more confirmation about their feelings!

I didn't say all about their relationship development but, I think you could understand my opinion ;)
    I think who don't like this ship are not looking 'closely enough' to it and are not getting the idea of this relatioship development, anyways, we all have our opinions and I will respect all of them :)

14. vickyhiphuggers

vickyhiphuggers Prime Suspect

All I can say is interview AWESOME extended promo AWESOME!!:lol:
    Wow that is amazing! After watching it millions of times I realised that YES there are at least two kisses!! Wow I love it! And they have been making out in the trailler since season 1! :D Emilly is so funny she's amazing!! And Adam with his gum!! lmao! I can't wait until the episode! And Calleigh iniciated the kiss ! wow!!

I love it! it's really cool that Yelina is back at least because it's Yelina it's obvious that she won't try and kill Eric, It's nice to see her back! And wow if it couldn't get any better! He is going back to her house ! :D:D I really can't wait now!!

15. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

Well I have to say that now, what a extremely wonderful morning:thumbsup:.
    As always I'm checking this thread in the morning and what a great surprise, not only an extended promo, but also this adorable interview with Emily and Adam:). They are so hilariuos, I truley love them both.;)
    It really couldn't be any better.:)

I don't think it's contrived or overhyped at all. I was watching this show from the first episode and I always saw the great chemistry between them. I was wandering "when the hell they are gonna be together, they are perfect for each other, don't you see it people":lol:.
    But I guess they just needed time. Both of them changed a lot through all the years. I think they didn't know what they want from life back then. They were attracted to each other, but I guess just didn't want to ruin the friendship because of short romance. And now after so many years of great friendship and a lot of dramatic events in their lives I'm sure they're perfectly ready for this relationship. They know exactly what they want from life and knowing each other so well I guess it's easier to involve and give yourself to another person.

Wow I surely didn't expect Calleigh saiyng something like that:eek:. She wants to take him to her place, wow it really surprised me. Not that I'm complaining, oh now simply contrary. Now I think there definitely will be sex, I even dare to say a lot of hot, passionate and mind blowing sex:drool:. It can't be any other way after 7 yeras of waiting;). What a shame we won't be able to see it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.