Now That Petersen, Fox, Dourdan Are Gone

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Shelaur

Shelaur Civilian

Re: Grissom leaving??

thank you vm, too bad if he is. there won't be a reason for me personally to watch it anymore. It will most likely go on but not with me as a viewer, just won't be the same.

2. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Which I can somewhat understand, but you don't think you'd want to give it a shot? one character doesn't make the show. I'm not trying to win you over or anything I'm just saying.

I feel as if him leaving is taking forever. The last few weeks are going so slow. I'm not counting down the episodes or anything, I just feel like it's inching by.

I for one will continue watching the show as long as the show has some sort of talent on the show. Even if Nick left or something, I would still watch and enjoy the show I believe. I just think that maybe poeple should give it a chance before just ending tre run with the show.

3. Shelaur

Shelaur Civilian

I agree with you on that and if there wasn't already 2 people that have left, I would try it. I do find that he does make the show even though they've been trying to write him out so that we didn't feel that way.
    I suppose they want the leaving to be gentle and that's why it's taking so long. I have been only watching it for the dinamics between the team and now with the new blonde, whom I don't like at all, there is no point.
    Half the team will be gone basically so there is more on TV now like the polls says. They would have to come up with a NICE person to replace him, not crusty lol.

4. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I like who they have so far!

5. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Yeah, true.

Crusty?! I hope you aren't referring to LF!!!:scream:

6. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Well some people are just going to feel the way they do. But to me BP didn't make the show and I realized this when I watched Gum Drops (one of the highest rated CSI episodes) and I didn't miss him at all.

And Grissom wasn't always nice or a great supervisor-he played favourites, slept with his subordinate-so he didn't always show good judgement. And surprisingly, his two favourites-Sara and Warrick fell and the only soldier left besides Catherine is Nick.

Even Billy said Grissom wasn't always a great supervisor-having said that I do like Grissom, he's a crusty old curmudgeon.

7. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

BWHAHAHA! Too funny!

I will miss Grissom, but not as much as others. He was an amazing assest to the team and WP was to the show. But, my faith remains in the show and it's actors/characters. I believe that the show shall go on. As you can tell by my avatar, I'm not exactly heartbroken about it, but he will be missed.

However, the remaining actors have done amazing work and will continue to do amazing work. It's the episodes like "Gum Drops" and "Fannysmackin" and the episode where Cath has to save her daughter (The name escapes me right now, sorry) that calms me down. it makes me realize that, although three great actors have left or are leaving, there are still about 5 or 6 good ones who remain.

8. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

Goodbye Grissom/Billy Support Group

*MODS: if this thread is in the wrong spot, I'm sorry, and feel free to move it*

Here it is: a place to cry, laugh, reminisce, confront, remember and move on. The point of this thread is what it says: a support group. Come here to vent your frustrations about people not understanding how Grissom leaving affects the fans, cry while you remember the episodes he made so great, laugh together over the good times, and move on from this tragedy of our Grissom, our Billy leaving CSI.

Start talkin' ya'll, and remember, One Down is pushed back to 9:15pm due to President Bush's farewell speech, 19 Down re-airs at 8:15pm. (courtesy WPAP)

I'll start first...I seriously have cried at every single preview for this episode...It seriously tears me up to continuously remember that Billy/Grissom is leaving, and after tonight, CSI will never be the same. Billy I will and do miss you tremendously. Love you!!

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like many people don't really understand how Billy/Grissom leaving affects us (fans). I mean, I know that many have recognised our sadness/disappointment whatever in him leaving, but for me, the general, overall attitude of most is "The fans are gonna keep watching and it'll all be fine"...is that really true though? Laurence Fishburne said it the BEST; he said Billy is the "Daddy of the show" and "Daddy's leaving and Uncle Fish is stepping in." I feel like he is the only one who gets both sides...he understands the cast's sadness and loss, and he understands the fan loss and sadness. I mean, for me, someone who has cried at every single preview of tonight's episode, obviously Billy leaving means something to me, it makes me upset...but I feel that's not being as recognised by the "higher ups" as it were.

Does anyone else feel this way, or is it just me? I know my "partner in crime" does ;) >:) but does anyone else feel like we are not being as fully understood as we should be? Is Billy's leaving & Grissom's departure not getting the recognition it deserves for the effect it has on us?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  9. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

CSI Marathon today on Spike channel

Hey, Guys, there is a Grissom live on Marathon today on Spike channel. 2:00 to 4:00, they finally show it today is Graves Danger.

10. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Re: Goodbye Grissom/Billy Support Group

I don't want him to leave either, and neither does my mom! She says it every time she sees him onscreen or in the mags lol

11. MissMurder

MissMurder Lab Technician

I don't want him to leave :(. CSI will seem so different.

But he will be back eventually, and until then we always have the DVDs! We can have a marathon of all of Grissom's best episodes :)

12. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I won't move it now, maybe down the line I will merge it with the other thread about him leaving, discussing overall feelings you have regarding his leaving prior to the ep is fine, all I ask is that folks keep the episode discussion in its proper thread, this does not come with a spoiler warning and with the different time zones, someone is bound to open, read and be disappointed. ;)

I am also merging this thread into this thread instead of two separate because it all has to do with similar things.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  13. iluvgreg80

iluvgreg80 Hit and Run

I will miss Grissom. I love his understated sense of humor and his insight into things. I will also miss how he seemed kind in his own way. He really impacted everyone on the team. I don't think any one of them would be who they were without Grissom. I always loved his quote or someone else he quoted about change.

14. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

I really can't put into words what Grissom leaving means to me. It still hasn't really set in with me that he's leaving. For me, he is CSI. Billy has brought so much to the character of Grissom and made such an impact on so many. He will be truly missed. I'm just glad that he's just walking away and not getting killed off or anything like that, so he can come back. Long live Gil Grissom!!:thumbsup:

15. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

Even though I haven't exactly been a faithful CSI fan for the last couple of seasons, I've gotta say, I'm really gonna miss Grissom :( It's a shame but I really don't blame Billy, 9 years is a hell of a long time.

Good luck to Billy in whatever the future holds! You've been fantastic, big man!