Now That Petersen, Fox, Dourdan Are Gone

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

Re: Goodbye Grissom/Billy Support Group

I agree with you (as usual ;p) 110%. You took the words right outta my mouth...Billy IS CSI..it's his show, it's his baby, it's his deal...and yeah, it hasn't entirely sank in for me yet, either...I still feel like he'll be back next week, you know? I still feel like he will walk through that door next week and be ready to solve another crime... I miss him already....it's already a huge hole in my heart..but good luck with your future, Bills...I think I can say that we ALL love you more than you know, and look forward to seeing you back on set.

xoxoxo

2. GrissomLivesOn

GrissomLivesOn Hit and Run

I don't think I'll ever "get used to" the fact that Lawrence Fishburne is Grissom's replacement. I can't bear to see Grissom go, and that may be due to the fact that I used to have a serious crush on him. Maybe I still do - who knows. I just know that I'm going to be a blubbering mess come tonight. Furthermore, I just can't seem to accept the fact that Grissom is going to be gone after tonight.

~Grissom, I love you and will miss you!~

3. Criminologist86

Soooo....I did a LOT of crying last night....In fact, I woke up this morning (it's 7:45am. My 8:00am classes M-Th have ruined me to the point where it's major sleeping in to get up at 8 cos I'm usually up at 6:20ish) and decided to get on WPAP and TalkCSI and see if the screens for the episode were up yet. A very sad series of events ensued.

Not only did I remember that my Billy is gone from the show *cue tears* but Grissom's gone *cue tears again* and next week's promo has no Billy in it *stand clear of flood*.
    It all just HIT me really HARD all at once, and I'm not liking it...I feel like he might as well have died or something...Not that I want him to, but you know? It's like he's dead to me now...even though Billy will be back guest starring and stuff, it's like he's GONE. Once you pack up that office, man...oooo.....It's over.

Missing you already Billy....really really.

4. Rocky11

Rocky11 CSI Level One

[​IMG] I`m gonna miss Grissom/Billy so much [​IMG]
    I`m a fan from day 1 and am still crying [​IMG] I cant stop [​IMG]
    [​IMG]Grissom,I love you forever [​IMG]

5. MissMurder

MissMurder Lab Technician

Likewise. I have been a fan of Grissom since the beginning of CSI and him leaving is a huge kick in the guts. It hurts so much.

William Petersen is such an amazing actor, he will be missed dearly.

I hope everything goes well for him and he gets to where he wants in life.

6. LaSquisita

LaSquisita Rookie

Billy must be deeply dedicated to Chicago living. The National Weather Service posted this for the area today:
    WIND CHILL READINGS IN THE 10 TO 20 BELOW ZERO RANGE ARE EXPECTED
    THIS AFTERNOON...AND FROM 5 TO 15 BELOW ZERO TONIGHT.
    Meanwhile, it's eighty degrees in Los Angeles. I wonder how Mrs. Petersen feels about that.
    LaSquisita

7. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I here ya' I was so distraught yesterday I could hardly stand it,[​IMG] and so went to the movies and saw another downer "THE READER" bad mistake, not the movie, but more sadness & this ep. I was fit to be tied and hardly knew what I was doing, thank's for family and friends coming to the rescue, but I don't know how this show will survive without him[​IMG]

Thank's Criminologist for this thread!

8. Criminologist86

Desertwind: absolutely :) I needed it about as much as anyone, and I figured that it would help people get their emotions out...it's hard to go through something like the beautiful King of CSI leaving and not have someone to talk to about it.

Hope everyone is doing better...I cried today a few times...just random things that brought Billy to mind made me cry...I was going to try and watch the 2 CSI episodes on SPIKE tonight (they are re-runs, obviously, but still on) but decided I can't do it...I'm too upset still.

PS- It's below zero here in MI too...we had a -32 windchill this morning, but now I think it's more like -20 something with a -4 or -6 degree temp reading..YUCK. I wish Billy and I could huddle together..shared body heat ;)

9. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

:lol:Funny you should say that. At the mall yesterday I wandered around aimlessly, but bought two magazines at Walden Book store, with him on the cover. and the clerk said "WOW, I'd have his babies "he's so "handsome" so I rambled about and talked their heads off about him leaving:(BTW it brought in 23 million viewers!

10. gilsgal

gilsgal Lab Technician

Ah, thank god...a place where I can rant, rave and cry about Billy without people thinking I've gone off the deep end.

I have been alternately dreading and anticipating last night's episode. I won't go into the episode, I've already done that in it's correct thread, but yeah, it just kind of hit me that this is it.... Not a 4 week hiatus, while another actor fills in...no more Billy..no more Grissom...and I'm sorry guest appearances aren't good enough.
    Everything about this show centered around Grissom. HIS CSIs, HIS lab, HIS ethics, HIS geekiness, HIS way of seeing the world, HIS enthusiasm for his work, HIS way of doing forensics. I know he wasn't perfect, but he was damn close...lol.

I'm so afraid that now that he's gone that CSI will turn into something unrecognisable, something more generic. I will give Fishburne a chance, but I just don't think I'm going to be able to watch without thinking, " What would Grissom do in this situation?"

11. Criminologist86

I completely sympathise with you...I'm worried about the show's future as well; I honestly don't see it lasting more than a MAX of 3 seasons (including 9..so it would make it to about 11) without Billy. I see the actors steadily leaving as time goes on...It's very sad to even see it alive without Billy. And you are totally correct; it's BILLY'S show...without him, what's the point? I heard it said "It's Grissom's CSI" and I agree totally with my entire heart.

I also went through the dreading/anticipating thing, and considered NOT watching it several times...the only reason I did was for Billy. I felt like I owed it to him, being a huge fan and longtime Grissom follower, I felt I owed it to him to see him off.

No, you haven't gone off the deep end :) Well, if you have, so have I, and we went off together ;p I feel like there is a giant hole in my heart where Billy/Grissom used to be, and now it's all there; gaping and feeling emptier and emptier the more I'm forced to think about the episode last night...Guest appearances on YOUR show aren't right, and it's definitely not enough to have his name still on the Executive Producer list...it's just not right.
    Nothing about CSI without the "daddy", as Fishburne put it, is right...This loss is intense, I think more intense than fans or writers/crew/cast ever anticipated. I REALLY hope a writer or actor or SOMEONE gets on this thread eventually, and sees what a huge impact Grissom/Billy has had on us...I still cry about him leaving...even today after it's happened...

Miss you Billy/Grissom.. :(:adore:

12. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Although Nick is my favourite character, I am going to miss Grissom.

I have a lot of respect for Billy P because he played Grissom with such an honesty about him. He was the first to point out that Grissom wasn't perfect and he was't the best supervisor but he did his best.

Now if Billy could just bring his play up to Toronto-darn it!!! C'mon Billy your Canuck fans want to see you LIVE and IN PERSON!

13. chipper

chipper Hit and Run

Heya myfuturecsi, Toronto ain't all that bad! It's hometown to Colin Mochrie, from Whose Line Is It Anyway? But that's another fandom, another story.

Back to Billy. Looking at the map, I see Toronto ain't all that far from the US border, and thank goodness Chicago isn't wayy down south either! YEah, we can all make plans and dreams, huh? But I think he's beardless in his Blackbird play. So, well, some like it clean-shaven, some like it rakish! (I much much prefer the beard please!)

On that note, I'm glad he left with his beard on. My sister has the best analogy for this (and she's only 15!). She likes the beard too and she asks, "Do you prefer your nachos with cheese or without cheese?" Nachos are nice and all, but without the cheese, it's like something vital (and really yummy!) is missing!

14. chipper

chipper Hit and Run

I think she doesn't mind too much because she's a Chicago native herself!

Billy really loves Chicago so much that I wanna visit his homestate as well! Besides Billy, Billy's favorite Wrigley field, Billy's plays, places Billy has probably visited many times over, I also hear it's a great foodie paradise city! Talk about Billy promoting tourism huh? If fact, I think he really does, with so many fans driving/flying in from other states just to watch his plays!

And lucky Chicago natives here?

ps: criminologist86, thanks so much for setting this page up. I just have so many fannish Billy thoughts to blurb. I guess we all do.

15. chipper

chipper Hit and Run

Oh that note, Billy will never experience the ups and downs of being a stage actor looking for work nor ever again worry about playing to empty houses.

There are a lot of real-life Joey Tribiannis out there my friends, stage-wise. Between playing to half-empty houses and waiting on tables to make ends meet when they can't find work, it's an oscillating lifestyle.

I mean, Blackbird. No idea what it's about, but I would sure as hell love to travel great distances to watch Billy live!

He's extremely lucky in the sense that his TV exposure (and all the fans) on CSI means that they'll probably be the ones filling most of the audience seats.

What I guess I mean is that he's bound to be successful in his post-CSI stageworks, so fans can be happy for him and rest easy!