CSI:NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion - This City Never Sleeps

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Ok, here's a new spoiler discussion thread with everything we have so far. :)

(The previous discussion thread can be found here, and remember that you can always check the Just the Facts thread for spoilers without the accompanying discussion. :))

EPISODES:

5.12 "Help" (CSI Files spoiler report)
    ~ There are two cases, but they may be linked.

~ A woman dies at a designer wedding dress sale, where she seems to have gotten into a tussle with another woman over a wedding dress. She was dressed for jogging and didn't have any money with her - who goes to a sale without money?

~ The other case involves a musician. Sid recognizes her from the subway, where she used to play. She was raped and murdered.

~ The rape brings back memories for Sheldon, who thinks the rapist is the same man that attacked his ex-girlfriend almost nine years ago. He goes to visit her, and it's obvious that the two still have chemistry. Unfortunately, the rape destroyed their relationship because Sheldon became obsessed with finding the guy - but he never could. Now he's hoping they can catch him once and for all. (And yes, he is either taken off the case or removes himself from the case.)

~ Angell is there, and she and Flack have some scenes together.

~ Speaking of scenes, there's a good one between Sid and Adam where Sid reminisces about the musician.​
    5.13 "Rush to Judgment"
    ~ The episode starts with some kids horsing around on snowboards, and one of them hits a trashcan, knocking it over. On the ground, he comes face-to-face with a severed head.

~ The head belongs to a successful high school wrestling coach. His body is found in pieces, left in trash cans all over the city.

~ It cuts to Flack and Angell bringing one of the wrestlers in for questioning. Angell leaves the interrogation room to deal with a disturbance in the precinct itself, and Flack rushes out a minute later. He looks panicked, and he yells for them to call an ambulance. When Angell goes back into the interrogation room, the wrestler is on the ground with bloody foam in the corners of his mouth. Flack does chest compressions to try to keep the kid alive, but it's no use - he dies on the interrogation room floor.

~ The episode then goes back and forth, showing what led up to the drama in the interrogation room and also Flack and Angell talking to IAB. Basically, they figure Flack is guilty until proven innocent and put him on modified assignment, making him turn in his gun and badge.

~ During the course of the investigation, they find something that suggests the coach may have been a pedophile.​
    5.14 "She's Not There"
    ~ It looks like Julia Ormond's character, Gillian Whitmore, is back. Nelly's character, Terrence, is also back (although it appears that they may be recasting the role).

~ The episode involves a dead man (either Russian or Ukranian, depending on whether you believe the spoilers or the casting call) who was found stabbed in the chest.

~ It turns out the man was in NYC looking for his daughter, and he isn't the only one - a judge shows up at the precinct, also looking for his daughter, who has been missing for several weeks.

~ There is a sex trafficking ring involved.

~ Flack is back at work, so presumably the mess from 5.13 has been dealt with.

~ Danny and Flack have a few good scenes. (But then again, aren't they always good?)

~ Also, there looks to be a nice emotional moment for Sid (nice for us to see, I mean).​
    Courtesy of Elsie:

5.15 "The Party's Over"
    The team are investigating the murder of the Deputy Mayor, who was killed at a gala event. There seems to be a pay issue in the NYPD, with some officers taking a stand and not working as they aren't being paid. It appears that some officers have been calling in sick in protest, and Danny might be one of them.

It looks like Adam will feature quite prominently, and both Gillian and Sinclair also appear in this episode.​
    Courtesy of Elsie:

5.16 "No Good Deed"
    There's not really much information on this one. It looks to be a one case episode, the team are investigating the death of man who was about to come into some money. A number of people are under suspicion, including the dead guy's young, rather attractive foreign wife, and his 'happiness surrogate' (some kind of sex therapist).​
    Courtesy of Elsie:

5.17 "Green Piece"
    There is an explosion at a house in Brooklyn, and a woman dies.

Adam rescues a man trapped in the wreckage.

Danny and Lindsay take a trip to the clerk's office, and Mac and Stella are there to witness the event.​
    Courtesy of vegaslights and LpoHeartsNick:

5.18 "Point of No Return"
    Marty Pino is back, and it seems that he got fired by Sid a year ago. He's into some trouble now (with gambling?), and his wife gets killed trying to protect him.

There is a Greek professor, so they seem to be continuing with Stella's storyline.

Danny forgets to take his vest, and Mac tells him to sit it out - but Danny doesn't listen and ends up chasing the suspect without his vest and with no backup. (I think it's safe to say he won't die.)

Danny seems to be emotional over the fact that a friend would betray the lab.

Lindsay isn't mentioned in the spoilers.​
    MISCELLANEOUS:

Here are some TV Guide scans courtesy of 1CSIMfan

Craig T Nelson is set to star in 3 episodes as a new nemesis for Mac. The character is a publishing magnate named Robert Parker.

This is not strictly a spoiler, but here is the latest interview Carmine Giovinazzo did with CSI Files' Kristine Huntley.

From Kristin :
    Jackie in Pasadena, Calif.: Any scoop on CSI: NY besides Danny and Lindsay?

Do you love parties where balloons fall from the ceiling? What if a dead body dropped as well? Yeah, not so cool. When the whole gang hits a gala, Hill Harper told me, "The assistant mayor of New York gets killed at his own ball." Bummer. And in major CSI: NY news unrelated to death by balloon, Harper spilled, "My ex-girlfriend comes back, and we catch her rapist from years ago."​
    There's a video on TV Guide (link courtesy of JellyBelly) which confirms that Rikki won't be back.

This is from Mega Buzz:
    Is the Dec. 10 CSI:NY the last episode of the year? Will Flack and Angell still continue their "thing"? Will TPTB still pursue Adam and Stella? — Clarissa

TIM
    : We start with good news: The series won't break for the holiday until Dec. 17. And then cut to more good news: Moving forward, exec producer Peter Lenkov promises "more intense character drama, as well as our trademark 'only in New York' stories. We'll continue Stella's pursuit of the man who tried to kill her and introduce a new nemesis for Mac, a media mogul played by Craig T. Nelson." Lenkov goes on to say there are plans to "revisit" the Flack/Angell "thing," but while Adam and Stella "play nice together, I am not sure there's a romance there."​
    From Access Hollywood (there's a video that plays automatically when you go to the page):
    "Dancing With the Stars" professional dancer Edyta Sliwinska has landed a guest starring role on "CSI: New York" she revealed to me yesterday during rehearsals for the "Dancing With the Stars" tour.

"I'm playing a dance teacher and I'm one of the suspects."

This role on the CBS drama will be Edyta's first major acting gig. "I am suspected to be a murderer to kill a guy and chop him into pieces."​
    From Ausiello:
    Question: There's an official law in the NYPD that married couples are forbidden from working together. Someone in the couple has to transfer to another department/precinct. So, if Danny and Lindsay are getting married on CSI: NY, how are they going to work together at all if they're breaking an official law? Does this mean one of them is going to leave the lab for good? -- K.C.

Ausiello:
    You may want to double-check your facts, KC. While it's true that such a rule existed at one time, it has since been dropped, according to CSI: NY executive producer Pam Veasey. "Our former NYPD Detective John Dove, based on his own experiences and confirming with The Chief's office, says there is no department law that two detectives can't work in the same department and be married. This was our belief when we started this story." Is it just me or did Ms. Veasey just confirm that Danny and Lindsay will eventually tie the knot?​
    From TV Guide, courtesy of vegaslights:
    Q: On CSI: NY it seemed Det. Mac Taylor was going to get some nookie with Julia Ormond's new character. Will she return?

A:
    Only for two more episodes on February 11 and 18th. Julia, who debuted as Deputy inspector Gillian Whitmore in November, agreed to a three-episode arc once producers crafted a story about human trafficking--a cause close to her. "It's fabulous how they wove it in," says Julia, who founded the Alliance to Stop Slavery and End Trafficking. "A Russian girl is brought into the forced sex trade... This has a poignant resonance to Gillian." But Mac (Gary Sinise) could be headed for heartache. Asked about a return beyond that, Julia says it "would give away whether I die." Uh-oh. "It's rare when my characters survive."​
    Also from TV Guide, thanks again to vegaslights:
    A life-changing moment from Dr. Hawkes' past -- the event that inspired the former surgeon to become a CSI -- comes back to haunt him when the team investigates the rape and murder of a subway musician. "The evidence [points to] the same person who raped my ex-girlfriend," reveals star Hill Harper. "That incident is what caused our breakup." It's an emotional, years-old crisis the often pragmatic Hawkes was unable to come to terms with. "He was a surgeon then and felt helpless. He could stitch someone up, but he couldn't fix her internal pain." Those same emotions resurface tonight. "This case brings all of that right back into my face in an unexpected way," he says. It also brings back his ex (Nichole Galicia), who Harper hopes may stick around as a love interest. "whether it's my ex or someone new...I definitely want Hawkes to have a girlfriend," he says. "There's a measure of closure by the end of the episode that gives Hawkes the opportunity to move on and have a healthy relationship." "I have a scene with Gary Sinise that is one of the most powerful I've shot. It's rare that two male characters on a procedural have a conversation about something that is going on in their own hearts or personal lives."​

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Thanks for the new thread, Fay! :D Pinning now...

3. Chaos79

Chaos79 Police Officer

wow! a lot more of juicy stuff in S5! thanks.

4. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

So many spoilers, all in one post! Thanks for starting the new thread, Fay! It's great to see what we have got coming up, I'm really looking forward to the rest of the season. :D

5. AppleJack

AppleJack Police Officer

Thank you for summing it all up in one post. I missed the news that Rikki will not return. Too bad, I liked her. But on the other hand if she did come back that would probably have stirred things up again and well, I sure can live without that. :)

I'm glad Flack and Angell are going to have some scenes together in the next episode. And of course I'm really looking forward to 5.13 "Rush to Judgment".

6. Chaos79

Chaos79 Police Officer

my thoughts exactly. It's about time some people go through new levels together. and finally, another Hawkes-centered moment.

hey, great to hear from ya again.

7. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

One of my New Years Resolutions was to visit this thread and be more active in the NY forum.

First, Thanks Faylinn for all the great spoilers. I typically don't read spoilers for NY but the season has been pretty good so far, I wanted to know what's on the horizon.

I'm kinda disappointed that Rikki won't be returning. I know the DL storyline is set, but it would have made an interesting sub-storyline. Danny in turmoil between his feelings for pregnant Lindsay and his feelings for Rikki. :evil:

As much of a M/S shipper that I am, I'm looking forward to Julia Ormond. *Ducks flying objects from other M/S shippers*. The case looks interesting and I'm sure Mac will be just as passionate to stop human trafficking as her character.

8. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Human trafficking? *looks around* That's funny, I don't see any palm trees. *hides to avoid CSI:MIAMI fans*

*clears throat* Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next two episodes. (Well, all of them, but especially the next two.) I want to see these supposed Flack/Angell scenes for one, but also I just want to see Panicky!Flack. It sounds like they'll be really good eps.

9. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

That be a lot of typing you got going on there, Fay. :p

Thanks for all the spoilers. It's great seeing what we have to look forward to!

ETA: Which reminds me, lol... I still need to watch "Forbidden Fruit". :lol:

10. Railynn

Railynn Rookie

I have a question, if Anna's martenity leave starts in episdoe 18, making 17 her last for a while, when will Lindsay have her baby??

And if Lindsay hasn't had the baby by the time Anna has her's and leaves the show how do they explain why lindsay isn't on the show for a while???

Cause, while I'm not the biggest fan of this storyline, I really don't think that you can just have Danny telling everybody that Lindsay had the baby whenever. You really need to at least see Danny taking Lindsay to the hosptial and/or Lindsay in the hospital. the birth really can't be an after thought by the writers and if they choose to do it that way this is the dumbest storyline they've done yet.

11. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's been at least hinted at if not down right stated that during Anna's maternity leave they will ship Lindsay off to Montana and we'll learn more about Lindsay's family. How they're going to do that with Anna off the show boggles my mind. I think when Anna returns Lindsay will still be pregnant - which IMO means they should have just hidden Anna's pregnancy to start with rather than showing Anna pregnant for a couple of episodes and then having to fake it the rest of the way. :rolleyes: :wtf:

But anyway, that's the explanation I remember getting from TPTB.

12. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Hey! :)

Thanks Fay for summarize all spoilers, Fay

And Thanks Whoslaughingnow for answering my question about Marty Pino.:thumbsup:

Railynn--- > Maybe a ride to the hospital could work but seriously we don't need a childbirth scene. This silly storyline has gone too far to our own good We don't need the "He he he ho hu hu hu" scene:vulcan: But of course if the Non Sense has gone so far why not a little beyond that?:vulcan:

See? I do think it would be good if we knew more about Lindsay's family. (As long as she is NOT with Danny i can take anything;)

Now i would like to know more about Sid and his emotional scene in 5.14

Heather---> we won't throw things at you. The SMACked Family loves you but you need to be sure don't repeat what you said there:lol: (kidding!) That storyline, unfortunately, is VERY real. So i hope the script will be focus on that matter and not a cheesy scene between Mac and Ni...I mean Gillian:lol:

Debbs:bolian:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  13. Railynn

Railynn Rookie

Ghawazee, I didn't mean that we had to see the childbirth, I just meant like Mac or Stella could go to the hospital to see Lindsay, either before or after the birth. But no we do not need to see the labor at all.

14. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Railynn, i knew you didn't mean it. I was expressing my biggest fear regarding that storyline :)
    It's all right with you :)

So

Does it mean Marty Pino is related to the flash drive case??:confused:

Promo 5.12---> http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=Ipcw-GM2bE8

Debbs :D

Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  15. GTuruturu

GTuruturu Witness

lots of spoilers all together, yay, no more shuffling through pages of them. um, so i rewatched sex lies and silicone, and its a big chunk Caucasian hand.

Could it be pino? that might be taking it too far, there is nothing linking him to it, but what if they brought Hawkes back into it? Maybe that hand was his "friend's" dad. (lowell right?) the feds/nypd find out he lowell deposited a check for $22,000 from hawkes, and all of a sudden hawkes is back on the hot seat?? did he pay the man to steal the flash drive. dun dun dun...just a theory,

and yea i agree with the whole baby thing, show a blip, but in no way do we need to see the birth, maybe danny driving like stella (a mad person) to get to the hospital, or just the team looking into the nursary, nothing too big, that would be just toooooooo much. keep it small and low key. please!!!! let the wedding be just as small, i'm a d/l fan, but i find i like the small scenes better than the huge ones.

and so hawkes is the reason for the break up...hmmm, i'm really excited to see this scene between him and mac, like really really excited. i love man mugs, or affection between men of any sort. the danny mac hugs (the your gonna be a daddy hug was too cute) and yea, just even a shoulder squeeze, something... is it wednesday yet?? its been too long since we've had a new episode..the good in the bad of classes starting again...new eps!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.