CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion - Back in the Big Apple

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Ok, here's a shiny new spoiler thread to continue where our previous thread left off. To start with, here are the relevant spoilers for the rest of the season so far, copied from the "Just the Facts" thread.

Episode information:
    5.02 "Page Turner" (Spoiler report)

~ It appears to be a one-case episode
    ~ The team ends up dealing with multiple deaths
    ~ It also looks like Sid will be in danger :(
    ~ There's a guy who does graffiti as 'art', and his current canvas of choice is beautiful women. One of the women ends up dead (they show the guy a crime scene photo, so I assume she's dead and not just sick). Danny and Stella go into the guy's studio with CDC techs, and they take geiger counters with them--so I'm assuming that the woman had radiation poisoning or something? I'm sorry that I don't make much sense, but I'm making assumptions with some of this. ;)
    ~ Adam is mentioned as well--he used a special database to identify the artist by his style of graffiti.

5.03 "Turbulence" (Spoiler report)

~ Apparently, Mac was on a flight to Washington to testify, but a United States Air Marshall was murdered on his plane, and changed his plans. The vics gun and ID are missing and he wasn't listed on the manifest.
    ~ Stella goes to the batting cages.
    ~ Adam is in this episode.
    ~ 1CSIMfan, you'll be interested to know there's a character named Rhonda in this episode. :p

5.04 "Sex, Lies and Silicone" (Spoiler report)

It looks pretty much like a one case episode, and Sinclair is back. The team are investigating the death of a woman named Elaine Steele. In the course of the investigation they are looking for a life size silicone doll. Stella, Flack and Lindsay visit a factory that makes them, and later the team question some of the doll owners. I think that may be the source of some amusement and disbelief throughout the episode. :lol: Flack and Lindsay in particular have a potentially humourous exchange about the dolls. Everyone seems to be on the case, Danny and Flack look to have some good screentime and do an interrogation together. :) Also, Hawkes meets up with Greg, an old college friend, and despite his initial friendliness, Greg later asks Hawkes to compromise some evidence in the Elaine Steele case. :eek:

5.05 "The Cost of Living" (Spoiler report)

This looks to be a one case episode, however I've only briefly glanced at the spoilers. It seems that the team are investigating the death of an archaeologist, but he is not quite who he appears to be.

Whilst investigating the case, Stella makes a visit to the Greek consulate.

5.06 "Cuts" or "Enough" (Spoiler report)

~Angell is there! :D
    ~I see Adam's name as well.
    ~It appears that three drug dealers have been gunned down in separate places before they are set to stand trial.

5.07 "Dead Inside"

Flack's sister Samantha is in this episode. Danny hasn't left for vacation, so he's working a case.

Angell and Adam are in this episode as well.

The victim owned a business that relocated houses. He was found dead in a Victorian house that was being moved from Staten Island to the Upper East Side. His face was bashed in.

Everybody is on the same case.

Angell and Lindsay both meet Samantha.

5.08 "My Name is Mac Taylor"

There are multiple people with the name 'Mac' in their name. There's Macdonald Taylor, Machiko Taylor, Mackayla Taylor and Mackinley Taylor, all involved with the case. There's a woman named Melinda who was killed and a person wanting a "Mac Taylor" dead. While on the Brooklyn Bridge, Adam goes to see Stella and asks Stella if she wants to grab some pizza.
    Danny and Flack share a couple of scenes together.

5.09 "The Box"

~ The crew at an auto wrecking yard notices something dripping out of a car they just crushed - it turns out there was a body inside. It's a young Jane Doe, and they trace the car to the owner. The owners are a young couple with a newborn baby, and they say that the car was stolen.
    ~ Danny and Lindsay find a guy locked in the truck of a car at the wrecking yard, and he tells Flack (who then tells Stella) how he got there - apparently he and some buddies broke into the yard to play gladiators and they shoved him in the trunk. But they ran before they could get him out because they saw headlights and didn't want to get caught. (That should be interesting. )
    ~ Sid and Sheldon have a scene where they talk about how the job affects them and that it never gets easier.
    ~ Danny sees Lindsay leaving a clinic - she rushes off to avoid him.

5.10 "The Triangle"

Apparently Danny is late for work, he calls Lindsay. Other than the name of the episode that is all I know at the moment. As soon as there is some more information about this one I'm sure it will be posted. :)

Miscellaneous information
    :
    ~ Word is that Rikki Sandoval (Jacqueline Pinol) may return for multiple episodes in season five.

~ Kathleen Munroe was cast to play Flack's sister Sam, who appeared in "Veritas" and will be back later in the season.

~ More casting info:

~ Chris Daughtry to guest-star.

Ok, now let's get back to discussing the new season! As always, spoilers can be easily located in the Just the Facts thread so you don't have to wade through the discussion to find anything.

2. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Re: CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Dicussion - Back in the Big Apple

Awesome. Thanks, Faylinn! That's a whole lot of spoiler info... :lol: :D

So, we left off the last thread with the news that Danny will be Lindsay's baby Daddy. As I anticipated this news ever since it was suggested that Lindsay might be pregnant I'm not surprised. I still think it will be an interesting story line for Danny, but I'm not sure how it will be 'not so typical' as suggested by Pam Veasey. :confused: I'm interested to see how they will integrate this story into the rest of the season, and whilst I'm hoping it won't be overly dramatic, I'm already expecting a birthing scene in the finale, and Lindsay being in danger at least once during the pregnancy. It wouldn't be a TV show pregnancy without that. :lol:

3. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

Holy hell and hot damn. Where's the bourbon? I wish Anna all the best with her pregnancy, but I wish they'd played Hide the Bump this season, too, even if it meant giving her an undercover assignment as a sandwich-board wearing crazy in Central Park.

~repeats~ Just lie back and think of the Flack pretty. Just lie back and think of the Flack pretty...

4. jolein

jolein Pathologist

Uhmm,interesting storyline.
    I wonder if the not so typical way means that they share parenting duties but not be in a relationship together.
    Maybe they did have a talk together

5. PintSizeGenius

PintSizeGenius Lab Technician

Sweet! I can't believe TPTB are actually doing this, but i'm not complaining. This is what DL fans dream of. I just hope they pull it off, and make it good. SQUEE!!!! PSG xxx

6. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

I'm definitely disgusted as I could possibly be, with the new Danny/ Lindsay/Baby news :scream: That's enough to put me off my feed for the month... and off of CSI NY, forever. Like both of those characters haven't already sacrificed so much (particularly Danny) to this so-called "relationship" and all it entails.
    (I wish Anna Belknap and her husband the Best in the World with their 2nd little bundle of joy, but I sure as hell don't want to see said bundle-o-joy literally force-fed on viewers in what was formerly my favorite crime drama... :rolleyes: )

7. nikirex

nikirex Hit and Run

I'm so happy that they don't try to hide it as last time (it was so annoying) and it's so good that they announce it now, speculations over! :thumbsup:

8. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Finally someone who understands and shares my feelings. I'm truly disgusted. This was going to be a better season but for any reason they decide to screw up a promising new season to benefit the sopa opera

I am a Stella and Mac fan and i hope we will have something *anything for them.
    They took away this storyline from Stella and we will have to live with the melodramma for the rest of our lives regarding D/L

I wound't mind if Lindsay had a baby gorilla or Danny slept with a flight attendant in a case but i DO mind writers affect Stella's story and Smacked possible scenes. Because people who *edited* said clearly Mac was asked to fire Stella. Now i feel insulted

Now i feel so sorry for my ship. I am not surprise why they didn't give anything on Veritas. I guess they will add enough drama llama for the rest of the entire show.

Also i regret the fact someone who deserves so much to become a mom as Stella will never have that chance because one melodramma is too much (even for me)

Just a favour: i hope DL fans will stop asking Ausiello anything. Now they will have their *lovely* relationship and the baby. PLEASE stop asking and complaining and whining

Debbie:scream:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2008
  9. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

Yep formerly sums it up for me as well. I disliked the spoilers I had read before the season opened, I didn't have high hopes about where the show was going, but I thought that possibly they may have been misleading, boy was I wrong. It just keeps going down hill. I was never a fan of the "romance" I thought it damaged both characters, and I had hoped it would fizzle out...now we get this news. Yip I think I will be watching more Numb3rs, Eureka and SVU this year.

10. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

A reminder about spoiler sources. Please bear these points in mind whenever you post spoilers. Thanks. :)

11. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

What I think will probably happen is that they'll have the baby but not be together...until eventually down the road something happens to rekindle the romance and then they get back together and live happily ever after.

I don't think it will take too much away from other characters' storylines. I suspect the thing with Stella's job in jeopardy will still go forward. The only stories being altered that I can see are possibly Rikki's return, and the fact that before Anna's pregnancy changed things, it looked like TPTB were going to put the brakes on DL. But it's TV, and a lot of times real life dictates storylines. In season one of 24, they had to edit out a plane explosion because it debuted soon after 9-11. Sometimes real life informs television shows--in this case, Anna's real life pregnancy is dictating what happens with Lindsay's character--and by extension, Danny's.

12. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

I hope your words will become true...but either if it is intentional or not this pregnancy will affect all characters :( I don't know why they don't "hide the bump" as La Guera said. Melina had two babies meanwhile she was filming and it never affected Providence.

Also i feel sorry, i repeat if someone deserved to be a mom on tv was Stella. Also because of this current soap opera we, the Smacked family, won't get anything good for the following seasons (we will have too much melodramma if they live apart)

I only hope Ausiello will shut his mouth about any scoop regarding DL. I guess DL fandom has not right to ask anything else

Sorry, i'm not in the mood to be positive. I feel writers jumped to the sharks with this

Debbie :(

ps: Thanks for ediitng Elsie :) I didn't know about that rule

13. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

So the D/L drama will continue and Lindsay will be eternally linked to Danny, which in my opinion will destroy the shows best character. I'm starting to think I may give this season a miss. If I want to watch a badly acted soap I'll watch Hollyoaks (I realise no one outside of the UK will know what Hollyoaks is but trust me it is a badly acted overly dramatic soap opera).

14. Corazon

Corazon Victim

I don't know why the news about Lindsay being pregnant with Danny's baby is such a problem for so many people.
    It's not like this will be a SO big change for the show. CSINY is still a crime drama, so it will forever mostly be about the CRIME.
    The baby-storyline is just to give the character's more depths while getting to see them interacting outside of work. It makes the show more interesting and realistic.
    It's like that with all the other personal storylines for Mac or Stella or everyone else, too.
    But those storylines will alway be in the background, so no one needs to be frightened that CSINY will turn into a soap opera.

I like the idea of a DL-baby. If the writers do this well it can be interesting and also funny to watch. I'm looking forward to it.

15. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I don't know about everybody else, but I'm severely pessimistic when it comes to spoilers about Lindsay or D/L. I assume the worst - that way I'm never disappointed, and I might be pleasantly surprised.

I doubt I'll ever stop watching the show, quite frankly - NY was my first fandom and I'm still in said fandom, so for that reason alone I'll tag along. But more than that, the rest of the cast is worth sticking around for at the present time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.