CSI:NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion - This City Never Sleeps

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Oh. My. God. I live in NJ, and although I was plenty happy that the Phillies won the World Series, I didn't need the "PHILLIES WIN! PHILLIES WIN! WATCH THESE FANS SCREAMING AT THE FIELD! WATCH THE WINNING PITCH 500 TIMES IN A ROW! WATCH MORE SCREAMING FANS!" the lasted for more than the entire hour CSI:NY was supposed to be on. If my shows are pushed because of sports again, I will probably write a hate letter to my local station... *mutters*

I'm glad that Hawkes is getting some more screentime. It seems like he has recently. If we have so many good characters, we should use them more, no? Seriously, NY, take some advice from Criminal Minds... at least in seasons 3 and 4, all of their characters get decent screentime. But I digress.

2. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

In other words, Mac is once again a posturing, egomaniacal hypocrite. Because Mac has never, ever pursued cases in which he has a personal stake. Oh, well, except for when Hawkes was framed for murder by Shane Casey, or the attack on Reed Garrett in his dorm, or when Reed was kidnapped by the Taxicab Killer, or Clay Dobson's suicide, or the 333 Killer. But for Mac it's okay because his integrity is unimpeachable. Not like those shifty, amoral subordinates with Something To Hide. Mac has no secrets. Oh, wait...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I so wish someone would call him on his bullshit.

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Oh lord have mercy. :lol:

I guess we'll see how it plays out, but it's hard to imagine that he'd be so completely uncaring of the fact that Hawkes has such a personal connection to this case. If Hawkes has been removed or has removed himself from the case by that time, then they have to know that it involves his ex-girlfriend who was raped. So yeah, he shouldn't have had Adam run the DNA sample, but a little bit of understanding is in order.

I wonder if Adam is going to get a smackdown too?

If Mac actually apologizes, I'll pee my pants from shock. :eek: Of course, whether or not he does apologize remains to be seen.

4. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

^^ Let's hope he doesn't give Adam a smackdown, but (then again) this is Mac we're talking about... :lol:

Few hours... :D

5. Faylinn

If he yells at Adam again, I'll go the lab and smack him myself. :lol:

6. laurmarie

laurmarie Hit and Run

7. GTuruturu

GTuruturu Witness

Its season four near the end of the season, like water for murder, she leaves a piece of evidence unattended after she and danny have "a moment"

after her little reconstruction with the trunk mac brings it up.."i'm more worried about you." than evidence, really come on mac! your the evidence first guy.

8. Faylinn

^^Yeah, that's the moment, in "Like Water for Murder". The lab is under scrutiny because Quinn is there to evaluate the lab and determine if they should be re-accredited, and Lindsay walks off and leaves evidence unattended, breaking the chain of custody at a very bad time for the lab. Mac tells her she can't let her relationship with Danny affect her job - but he immediately turns around and tells her that he's more concerned about her than the lab. There's a time to be a friend and a time to be a boss, and it shouldn't be at the same time. If it had been a different person doing the evaluation (and not Quinn), her stomping off could have caused problems for the lab. It's annoying to see it swept under the rug because oh noez, sleeping with your co-worker turned out to be a bad idea. :rolleyes:

But I digress. :p In tonight's episode, I'm not sure that the DNA evidence was strictly a wrong move - I mean, it couldn't be used in court, but would just the mere act of running it cause any problems? I don't see why, but I could be wrong. Yet Mac refused to acknowledge that some understanding was in order since Hawkes was upset over the fact that this murderer had raped a woman he cared very deeply for. And heck, when Mac went to see him later on, it was all 'he's not worth it' and 'tell me if the evidence would hold up in court' - Sheldon was the one who made the conversation personal, if I remember correctly. Mac did show compassion, but it took a lot more to get to that point.

Basically, the rest of the team gets treated like adults (sometimes getting yelled at totally out of proportion with what's going on - such as Adam giving the lab results to Gerrard that one time), but it's like Lindsay gets handled with kid gloves. Is she a scientist and a grown woman or not, you know?

Oh well, I guess I expect too much - they can't even be consistent with Mac's reactions and when things are or aren't out of line or against the rules. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  9. noealonso

noealonso Rookie

10. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Just curious, why are they taking a 'guilty until proven innocent' approach with Flack when the Constitution guarantees the opposite, "innocent until proven guilty"?

11. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I'd guess that it would be because the NYPD will be under heavy scrutiny when a suspect dies while undergoing questioning with one of their officers. It's easier to try and throw one officer under the bus for the sake of the department than it is to have confidence in his innocence. But really, I don't think the promo shows that they are necessarily assuming he's guilty. I would imagine Flack being in the room alone with the suspect would be pretty damning, though, and can see why they'd take the "guilty until proven innocent" approach to their questioning. They're looking at the situation like Flack would look at a suspect and asking the tough questions to try and get an answer.

12. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Yeah that makes sense, thanks

Who does Danny think betrayed the lab? I forgot to post about it earlier but I can't f figure out if he meant Stella or Pino.

13. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^I'm pretty sure it's Pino Danny thinks betrayed the lab, if you're talking about 518.

14. csimania19

csimania19 Rookie

15. Faylinn

I just saw that and had to refrain from ramming my head into a wall.

Stunt casting is so hip.

My best guess is they'll be in 5.18 "Point of No Return" - the description seems to fit characters from that episode, but I could be wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.