The Fort for Nick/Greg Slash Fans #21

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Deirdre, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

Brought this from the previous thread because HellBells made a great point about the Nick/Greg scene: (bolding is mine):

You hit the nail on the head with this comment, HellBells, because that's exactly what that scene showed us. Nick could have mentioned Warrick to Catherine, Brass, Grissom, or one of the labrats. But, he didn't do it. Greg is the first person he mentions Warrick to. And this means a lot. ;) Nick trusts Greg , probably because Greg is the only person who really knows how Nick is feeling about Warrick's death.

2. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

^ That does mean a lot, it really shows that he trusts Greg with all of his heart, and is 100% comfortable telling him anything and truly showing him how he feels. That speaks for itself. He could easily have said something, especially to Grissom or Cath I'd say, but the fact it was Greg is great for the love.

egria, i love how your non-love ship friend noticed a love moment, that shows us that it is there, not just to fans of the love, but that general csi fans can notice it too

3. InnocentGuilt

InnocentGuilt Hit and Run

Well congrat's on thread #21. This is totally exciting.

I just wondered if anyone had happened to catch the fact that the knot used in the last episode to tie up the sheet the girl was in was a sailing knot. Would that be considered context, because Nicky knew what it was and even if he was looking in the book, he could have just been checking to make sure he was right. He's not as good at sailing as say...Greggo?

4. Fighter

Fighter Lab Technician

Argh, two days away and I missed the party ;)

great to see The Love is so strong :D I'm bringing a little picture story as a gift :)

Yes, Nicky! Wedding is...

[​IMG]

a public declaration of love...

[​IMG]

so why are you...

[​IMG]

still in the closet???

[​IMG]

5. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

ChristmasPhantom - Your avi is too adorable for words!!!

I too am glad that it was Greg who Nick talked to first about Warrick, it was just a comment in passing, remembering he and Warrick had worked a case in that part of town but it was nice that it was said to Greg. Greg's reaction was saddness at the mention of Warrick's name. They share that in common.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
  6. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

^^ I bet Greggo has taken Nicky sailing a time or too. What a romantic way to spend a day. And then Nicky would take Greggo camping and they would sleep under the stars. Sigh. Whow got really mushy there. :lol:

You guys are right, Greggo is the first one Nicky mentions anything about Warrick too. Before that moment it must have been a unspoken word that they would not talk about it at work before then. I'm hopeing Nicky and Greggo are talking about it much more at home.

7. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

It was very sweet from Nick.

Nick knows that his Greggo likes to make a presentation. Do you remember this scene from "A Little Murder"?

(NICK AND GREG are talking in the lab. GRISSOM walks in and look at the samples on GREG'S table)

[​IMG]

GRISSOM: "I need these hairs"

GREG: "Uh, uh, no DNA tags on those"

GRISSOM: "Doesn't matter"

(GRISSOM leaves the lab as quick as he entered in)

GREG TO NICK (grumbling): " You know, I hate it when he does that. I like to make a presentation, you know?"

NICK: "So, present"

Awwww.....:adore: Sweet Nicky..."So, present":

[​IMG]

This scene ends with Greg shamelessly flirting with Nicky when he says:

GREG: "I'm open 24 hours":

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And then, Nicky looks back at Greg as saying "Is Greggo flirting with me?":

[​IMG]

8. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

Seabird that was great. I still prefer Labrat Greg to CSI Greg. Shameless flirting is the best. I love preslash (i love the build up to 'The Love").

I am glad Warrick's death has brought Nick & Greg closer, I feared it might tear them apart. I wish I could have seen that eppie.

Last night I watched a movie called "The Spring", I was pleasently surprised to see George Eads in it. I was like, there is Nicky, but where is his Greggo? LOL, its weird seeing one without the other. OMG, i lmao when george's character aged rapidly. LOL, poor Greg, if thats how Nicky would look if he was eighty, he did not age gracefully. But I am sure Greg would love him anyway.

9. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Oh, that's so great! I just love Nick's look back. Definitely he had in head one thought that Greg was flirting with him. Grissom was so funny 'cause their chemistry in this scene was so strong and he just came, checked and walked away, lol. This guy had taken too much work, lol. Thanks seabird for this nice reminder:)

Just like you all, I totally agree about Nick's mentioning Warrick. This conversation showed how important is Greg for him. Nick could say it to Cath 'cause they're close too but she needs to live with her own pain 'cause of Warrick's loss. So actually, Greg was even the one person to who Nick really could talk about his friend. Only Greg can listen him and help. BTW, who can be better than your life partner?

10. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

OK, first of all, thanks for the Love reminders, seabird! Makes me smile every time I think about it! I loved their flirting in earlier seasons and kind of miss it now, although now we get all those meaningful looks ... :thumbsup:

I, too, have to agree that it is a big step for Nicky to talk about Warrick. And I like it that TPTB chose Greg to be the first person Nicky talks to. Shows how close they are!

I finally made myself go on with S8 and just watched Drop's Out. Wow, if I had had any doubts about Nick's sexuality, after that episode they'd be gone. Something about Nick in that episode just screamed gay. First of all we have him bending over that dummy. Cath could barely control herself!
    Then there is that one scene in which Brass and Nicky wait for Drops to get out of prison. It's just the way Nicky leans against the car ... I wish I had screencaps but I couldn't find any.
    It's just an overall feeling I get from Nicky in that episode that screams gay to me.

Oh, and maybe someone here could point out a sight where I can find screencaps for S8? That'd be really great! :thumbsup:

11. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

Wait- did one of them actually ask that question on the show?!

12. Fighter

Fighter Lab Technician

lol, unfortunately the answer is no, it was just me being creative :) I wish we heard sth like that, though but I guess it'll never happen :/

EDIT:

love_fan wrote:

I finally made myself go on with S8 and just watched Drop's Out. Wow, if I had had any doubts about Nick's sexuality, after that episode they'd be gone. Something about Nick in that episode just screamed gay. First of all we have him bending over that dummy. Cath could barely control herself!

:lol: I obviously agree with you, but just want to remind that Cath couldn't control herself also when she was watching Warrick struggling with a dummy :lol: (in Too Tough To Die) but with Nick there's subtext of course :D

Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  13. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

The sailing knot could be considered subtext since Greg said in "Gum Drops" that his father used to take him sailing when he was a kid so it's sure that Greggo knows about those knots. Nick, on other hand..... not much. I bet that Greg has often taken Nicky sailing in Lake Mead... ;)

The boys in a ship...*sigh*...It remindes me of Maggs' "Where You Are" . Speaking of fics, carolinecrane is reposting many of her Nick/Greg fics on her livejournal.

love_fan, this is for your viewing pleasure ;)

Nick, the assman:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
  14. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

Caught in the act !!!

LOL (i have never seen that eppie. Now I cannot wait to see it). I wish Greg was there instead of Catherine. I am sure Greg would have had something funny to add.

15. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Thank you so much seabird!

You can just tell that Nick knows how to handle a (male) dummy. :lol:

I'm right there with you LoneWolf. It would have been perfect if Greg had been there with his man but Cath's smirk worked out rather well, too ...

I'm ashamed to admit that I'd completely forgotten about Greg sailing. :confused: What a bad fangirl I am :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.