Eric & Calleigh #31 - A Vote For E/C Is A Vote For Shirtless Eric!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by midnight_tiptoes, Oct 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

The whole thing about E/C breaking up was just conjecture....it is not actually happening. It was me posting an idea to get discussion go b/c I had an idea about how we all think Calleigh would be the one to break them up if they got together but that it would be ironic if Eric was the one who broke it off.

What ausiello said was that Calleigh will learn the hard way how important certain things in life are b/c she ends up in a life threatening situation. And it will take that situation in order for her learn life it is too short anf how important it is.

In the ep Calleigh goes to the hospital b/c she begins to choke on insulation from the crime scene. Alexx meets her ambulance at the E.R. and pretty much saves her life b/c she is sffectively dying of oxygen starvation.

Lately, everyone seems to have this notion that Eric won't wait forever. :confused::confused: That might be true but he just, in sooo many words, said he wants to settle down with her. Does that sound like someone who would give up easily on someone he KNOWS has emotional issues? I don't think so. I think eveyone's fears are coming from the whole Tara thing; which we all know, via Corey, isn't true. And believe me in the record time that he replied and denounced it really, to me, says he was telling the truth. He has no reason to lie to us. What would be the point? He would only be alienating a portion of the show's fans base.

I also think we are all at the ends of our ropes with this ship and want it to happen sooooo badly that we jump on every little word which we can construe to be as negative. Everyone just relax....take some deep breathes. We have remain positive otherwise the other ships will smell the blood and pounce on us!!!:lol:

Exactly. Eric KNOWS her. He knows getting a verbal admission out of her is like pulling teeth but he also knows that what he is getting is big in regards to her. Which is why I think this hospital visit is going to open her up more. She will be a little more in tune with her emotions. She won't turn into a blubbering idiot but I think the walls come down ever so slightly.

Hey, "Rome wasn't built in a day." ;) This is gonna take some time. While we feel E/C has been going on forever, TPTB have only JUST started to openly acknowledge it. And the point, IMO, when it started for TPTB was in season 5's season finale. With him openly confronting her about the possiblity of "them" that was TPTB starting the ball rolling.

And while things are taking a while, I think this season, if not Feb sweeps then by the end of the season something will happen with them. You can make the "will they/won't they" last sooo long...especially if ep 714 is supposed to hold or play a major factor with Cal.

Think I met my 3 lines of post in order for this NOT to be spam?? :lol:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2008
  2. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

I agree with you. But when I think about other ships in this show, I realize how lucky we are. After all, our ship is going to happen (I'm so sure that it will, that no one is gonna convince me otherwise).

As long as he loves her, he will wait, IMO. Of course, if she told him that she doesn't want to be with him, he would eventually move on, but something like that will not happen.

God, I can't wait for 7x14!!!

3. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I hope you're right :) and as to Tara I wouldn't worry about her, I mean he's not looking at her the way he looks at Calleigh. I think she's not a threat to them now and she won't be ever;).

4. bulletgirl

bulletgirl Rookie

I agree, i dont think he would give up so easly although i was a little scared after a saw the last eppie and Tara kinda checked him out and he gave her a look back, but then thinking about past eppies and the things hes said, i just know hes gonna wait. :)

I really do think that episode 714 is gonna be really good for both of them, i just hope that whats gonna happen to her isnt gonna be permanant :(. I cant wait to see the eppie, im so excited!! ;)

5. delkolover

Well Corey said in his interview on this site that
    Eric is a GUY after all!! He is going to look! He didn't share a look with Tara, he just looked at her! He was probably checking out her ass or something!! :lol: Now, had they shown Tara and shown her giving a similar look back....I would have been mildy concerned.

I just don't see any chemistry between the two at all. They banter like they are brother and sister for cryin' out loud!! "You took my stuff, now give it back....wah wah wah" (Gone Baby Gone). ;)

I think back to someting my sister said when she first got married and commented on how hot a security guard working at my college was: "Hey I look but not touch!"

Like I said, he is a guy, he is going to look. Not to mention that he did the same thing with the girl he interviewed in "Tunnel Vison." He totally flirted wit her.

Well out of the crap that Calleigh has been through...nothing has had a long term affect on her. So I wouldn't be surprised if it did have some kind of long lasting effect, either emotionally or physically, on her.

I think it interesting that in the opening sequence of last weeks ep, all the things will saw with Ryan and Eric will be played out in future eps. Next Monday we will see why Eric is in the hotel and then a few eps later we will find out who the little boy Ryan dropped off at school is. So it stands to reason that seeing Calleigh running was a foreshadowing of something. Since her incident has to do with her lungs......well put two and two together!! ;)

Someone posted some pics from the set of episode 714!! No Eric or Calleigh in the shots but episode looks to be soooo awesome!! :D

Last edited: Nov 30, 2008
  6. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

I'm completely over the whole Tara thing. I still don't like her and it will probably stay that way.. but I know that there is no chance of anything happening between her and Eric.

On the topic of Eric not waiting for Calleigh forever.. well, I really don't think he will. Sure, he loves her but he can only wait so long for her to come around.. you know? I think he's already waited longer than he should have to. I feel sorry for the guy. But like you said, Delkolover, Calleigh does have emotion issues and Eric is fully aware of it.

It's my personal opinion that Eric won't wait forever..so it doesn't mean that he won't.

I really don't think he'll have to wait that long for her though come February. I swear, with the spoilers that we have, that is when they will get together.

7. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Ok guys, This is the THIRD time I've been in here in less than a week. I know we have a lot of people in here whose posts stay on topic and are more than the required length BUT there are still quite a few of you who don't seem to want to follow the rules. Please, your posts MUST contain at least three lines of ON TOPIC discussion. There is way too many short, OFF TOPIC posts in this fast moving thread and they need to stop.

On topic discussion is actually discussing the topic which is Eric/Calleigh. Since this is the third warning in less than a week, if I have to come in here again to stress the importance of having at least THREE lines of ON TOPIC posting, this thread WILL be closed for 24 hours. I don't want to do that but it's happened before in another thread for not following the rules. So please, let's stick to THREE lines or more that are on TOPIC.

Just for a refresher and to the new posters to this thread, the Shipper Central Rules can be found here. I would like to suggest that everybody look them over.

Thanks!

8. delkolover

I agree. I don't think he will have too wait long. Like I said in an earlier post, we have seen E/C for a long time now but the writers have only just started to ininiate it. So in Miami story land...this hasn't been going on long at all as far as the writers are concerned.

It just feels like forever for us b/c, well, we have been waiting forever!!!:guffaw: Or at least what feels like it.

As for ep 714... I really ge the feeling we will get some sort of dialogue between them like we did at the end of "All In" Krystal Houghton wrote that ep and apparently is one of or the writer on this ep....so bombs away!!:guffaw:

Given that Cal is supposed to be greatly affected....I see her being the one, when they do happen, to make the first move.....what do you guys think?

9. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I was wondering who will be the one to make the first real move too and I think it should be her. I mean she knows exactly how he feels about her and I guess he is not so sure about her feelings towards him, which is why he didn't do anything yet. He's showing her his feelings all the time, I mean the way he looks at her, she must be blind to not see it, so maybe now he's kind of waiting for her move?

10. delkolover

Oh I definately think he is waiting for her to make the first move. In season 5's season finale he attemtped to make the first move and we all know how that turned out;) So I think he has learned his lesson and will wait for her to make the first move. He knows not to push her.

He has put out all the signs and she knows that and even put out a few herself (Girls like flowers comment). But b/c she is sooo emotionally screwed up she doesn't know what to do. That is why I am hoping the incident in 714 will make her get over that phobia and she will be ready to make a move or at least an acknowlegment.

Something in 714 HAS got to get movement out of this ship!! And at this point, I don't care what it is, as long as it is in the positive for this ship!

11. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Can you imagine what she would tell him? Let's say she is in a hospital bed and he is sitting in a chair next to her...
    Delkolover, our spoiler majesty, you mentioned that Calleigh will start chocking while she's with Eric. Is it a speculation, or something you saw in some script fragment, or whatever you read to get those spoilers?
    Because, if she's with him when that happens, she could tell him how grateful she is that he was with her when chocking started, or she could finally admit that she was scared, or maybe, just maybe (I'm hoping so much something like this would happen) she would tell him that the only person she thought about, while chocking and being scared that she'll die, is him. Of course, the last one is not gonna happen, that's just the wishful thinking of my romantic soul. But, if we are lucky, she will verbalize her feelings in some way. Now, your turn. Can you imagine that conversation? I just know that, once she tells him something he hopes to hear, his face will be absolutely adorable.

12. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

I can see him sitting beside her bed holding her hand. Maybe she might be passed out from the chocking and she wakes up to find him there with her, & with hiis head down on the bed asleep. Maybe she wakes up and lays her hand on his head & strokes it affectionantly. Then he wakes up and they have a dialog about him being there for her, & he tells her hes always there for her and will never leave her again.

Now that would be a great scene. Plus they really need to play on the flower thing just because I think it will be a cute icebreaker for them. I don't see him kissing her on the lips in the episode, but I could see him kissing her hands while giving her a knowing look, or maybe kissing her on the fourhead. I defantly think we may get some petting in this episode. If not then I half to call a foul on bad writting. Their should be at least a little touching.

13. delkolover

Fact: she is with Eric when she starts choking.
    Speculation: whether Eric is with her in the hospital when she first wakes up IDK...b/c i didn't see anything to that affect in the spoilers.

My thoughts: I think we will get a similar scene (not exact) to the one we got in Man Down...only she will be more coherent than he was. I think she might try and play it off that she is ok but considering her admission that she wasn't ok in "Wrecking Crew" she might admit that she was a little frightened. When it comes to the Calleigh character it is sooo hard to speculate how exaclty she is going to react to a situation of this nature b/c it IS Calleigh. If it were anyone else you could easy say they might admit they were afraid etc. But b/c it is her, it opens a whole can of worms of things unknown

I really could see the opportunity for the"flowers" to come into play in this ep....I think it would be a perfect opportunity for the writers to throw it in. If she were to wake up and her favorite flowers (tulips) were by her bedside and then he was sitting there to say: "someone told me girls like flowers"

It would be a perfect "AWWWW" moment where they share a look and maybe then she mutters or whispers a "thank you" which would have be laden with hidden meaning that of course he would get. ;)

I think that would be a perfect moment between them....b/c it says sooo much w/o them actually having to say anyting at all. It would be an opportunity for her to do some soul searching about "them" and him. It would help her to realize that this man is as thoughtfull and caring as he seems.

End result=Ball is in her court. ;)

Thanks for kudos about the spoilers btw ;)

Last edited: Dec 1, 2008
  14. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

The look on his face is something I cannot WAIT to see. You know it will be completely adorable, probably one hell of a shit-eating grin. It will be a really great "awww" moment, certainly a picture that will immediately be placed in icons and wallpaper, not to mention here.

A spoiler website I read about 7.14 and Khandi's appearance said the episode would air "... perhaps during the March sweeps ratings period" because of the February 17th switch to digital TV. I hope to God that isn't true, as any longer of a wait would just kill me.

15. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

Ok people so we got a repeat tonight, but that will not stop the party! So with that said everybody get you snacks, go to the potty, let the dog out and get ready by putting the lazy-boy in the laided back possion and turn those hymnals to page 232 and hold you nerest Hiphuggers hand and lets pray to the E/C God for a good promo for next weeks episode tonight! And as the Blackeyed Peas always say.....

LETS GET IT STARTED IN HERE!!!!!!!

I new it! Thats not Eric's Dad! His dad is probably Fedel Castro with his luck! Oh my God this is going to be good!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.