Eric & Calleigh #31 - A Vote For E/C Is A Vote For Shirtless Eric!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok people so we got a repeat tonight, but that will not stop the party! So with that said everybody get you snacks, go to the potty, let the dog out and get ready by putting the lazy-boy in the laided back possion and turn those hymnals to page 232 and hold you nerest Hiphuggers hand and lets pray to the E/C God for a good promo for next weeks episode tonight! And as the Blackeyed Peas always say.....

LETS GET IT STARTED IN HERE!!!!!!!

I new it! Thats not Eric's Dad! His dad is probably Fedel Castro with his luck! Oh my God this is going to be good!

:guffaw: With the way this show works.....anything is possible :guffaw:

I only we actually find out who is father is....otherwise why even bring all this up? And why now?? I guess they could use the excuse of the bullet in his head making him want to learn more about his heritage etc :rolleyes: Does anyone else see this story as a little soap operaish?? I mean I love this show but it looks meh. Hopefully we will get some E/C out of it...then of course the ep will be worth while ;)

Tonights episode is a good repeat though.:) Down to the Wire has a couple really good E/C moments in it. So it's not too depressing that we didn't get a new episode tonight. The only upcoming episodes that seem to have a big possibility of having E/C moments in them are 7.10 and 7.14.. and thankfully, 7.10 is just next Monday.

Question: When Calleigh and Eric get together do y'all think the transition from their friendship to a romantic relationship is going to be awkward or that it's going to be like nothing changed between them?

Personally, I think it could go both ways. Obviously, a romance between the two of them will be a new thing for them so they might not know how to exactly handle things at first. Or since they've had years of friendship things could go perfectly. I guess we will just see.

Well.. we definitely didn't get much from tonights promo that would hint at any E/C moments. But after all, it is just a promo. We will most likely get something between them in this episode.

Last edited:
There better be some EC scene in 7x10!

Not using a 'flower scene' in 7x14 would be such a shame. I mean, moment like that would be perfect.

I know we all agreed that there's not gonna be kiss in this epi, but what do you think of an almost-kiss? I can see them getting closer and looking at each other and suddenly someone walks in on them (maybe Alexx, that would be cool and she would have that I-know-something-like-this-would-happen look on her face). What do you think?

JoannaRose897 said:
Question: When Calleigh and Eric get together do y'all think the transition from their friendship to a romantic relationship is going to be awkward or that it's going to be like nothing changed between them?

I think that Eric will be so happy that it finally happened that he wouldn't even think about awkwardness, but I can imagine Calleigh feeling a bit weird, though. We'll just have to wait and see.

I do know that Calleigh won't allow any kind of public display of affection, but I would love it if they made some comments when they are alone in the room so that we can find out what's going on when we're not watching.

Krystal Houghton is quickly becoming one of my favorite writers (along with Corey Miller of course ;) ). She wrote All In and Cheating Death with the flowers moment so I have high hopes for 7.14 if she's the one writitng it :). I love all the scenarios presented about 7.14 especially the flowers one :). Please that has got to happen. I think this episode has got to deliver good EC moments. Touching, almost kissing, Alexx comments, looks, flowers, something :lol: !

Anyway, does anyone know *cough, delkolover, cough* if...

Eric's mom and Calleigh will talk at all on next week's episode? I really hope they do.

I new it! Thats not Eric's Dad! His dad is probably Fedel Castro with his luck! Oh my God this is going to be good!

Don't forget that previews can be misleading, as they so like to do. The previews had a break inbetween Eric asking his mother about his father and her saying that "he was a bad man". For all we know the "bad man" could be someone else. For Eric to have a different father than his sisters, his mother would have had to have an affair (since his sisters are older than him)... I would hate to think that was the case.

As for if there would be awkwardness when Eric & Calleigh finally get together... I hope not. They've got such a close bond that I'm hoping it will just be something that happens naturally, with no awkwardness at all.

Krystal Houghton is quickly becoming one of my favorite writers (along with Corey Miller of course ;) ). She wrote All In and Cheating Death with the flowers moment so I have high hopes for 7.14 if she's the one writitng it :). I love all the scenarios presented about 7.14 especially the flowers one :). Please that has got to happen. I think this episode has got to deliver good EC moments. Touching, almost kissing, Alexx comments, looks, flowers, something :lol: !

Anyway, does anyone know *cough, delkolover, cough* if...

Eric's mom and Calleigh will talk at all on next week's episode? I really hope they do.

To answer your question: I have no idea but I lean torwards NO.

I don't know how much awkwardness there will be, if any, when they finally get together. I think once Cal gets over her hang ups about being in a relationship with him and gets over her emotion portryaing hump....things will play out smoothly.

One of the reasons, other than her emotional ineptability, is she doesn't want to ruin the friendship between them. I think she got a huge wake up call when she read his therapy file and discovered the friendship wouldn't falter in his opinion.

She obviously has some things to get over, which I feel , TPTB are addressing. But I think once she gets over those phobia's the transition from being friends to lovers will be smooth.

Think of it as when you stress out about an upcoming situation and then when the event has finally arrived and goes smoothly, you are like "why the hell was I soo stressed out about this?"

That is the feeling I kind of get when it comes to her in terms of "them." I think she is sooo afraid that it won't work that she doesn't want to take the chance, obviously b/c she's emotional screwy like that (childhood can really f you up!!) I think once she does, she will realize she had nothing to worry about.

Don't forget that previews can be misleading, as they so like to do. The previews had a break inbetween Eric asking his mother about his father and her saying that "he was a bad man". For all we know the "bad man" could be someone else. For Eric to have a different father than his sisters, his mother would have had to have an affair (since his sisters are older than him)... I would hate to think that was the case.

As for if there would be awkwardness when Eric & Calleigh finally get together... I hope not. They've got such a close bond that I'm hoping it will just be something that happens naturally, with no awkwardness at all.

They are from Cuba and there were plenty of "bad" men in Cuba, other than Castro, who people fled from. Think back to season 2's episode "Blood Moon." The woman brought her son over from Cuba and he sought out revenge against the man who raped and tortured his mother (the dead dude in the cigar shop) b/c he was apparently a monster over there and in the end, it turned out the guy was his father! Now, I'm not saying that this happened to Eric's mom but there could have been a similar situation and that is he is a "bad man." It also could be the reason that helped push the family to flee Cuba.

Keep in mind that that ^^ is all speculation on my part ;)

Last edited:
delkolover

Bummer, so much potential :shifty:.

I think that the transition will be awkward in the good sense of the word. How do I explain that? I mean it'll be weird but in a fun "we are in new territory" sort of way. I think that since they are really close they'll feel comfortable with each other but at the same time because they are really close it'll be weird to them to now treat each other like more than friends. I don't know if that makes any sense to you guys :lol:! I guess it sounded better in my head.

delkolover

Bummer, so much potential :shifty:.

I think that the transition will be awkward in the good sense of the word. How do I explain that? I mean it'll be weird but in a fun "we are in new territory" sort of way. I think that since they are really close they'll feel comfortable with each other but at the same time because they are really close it'll be weird to them to now treat each other like more than friends. I don't know if that makes any sense to you guys :lol:! I guess it sounded better in my head.

It makes sense :)

And I think it is a good description of how things would and should play out between them when they get together.

It would be odd but at the same time exciting. At the same time I think it would open up a whole new dimension for both their characters. The writers this year seem to want to put more "meat" on the bones of all the characters and getting these two together, IMO, would open soo many doors. Not just the romantic ones. It would really give us an opportunity to see deeper into the characters psyche's and personalities

Personally, I think it could go both ways. Obviously, a romance between the two of them will be a new thing for them so they might not know how to exactly handle things at first. Or since they've had years of friendship things could go perfectly. I guess we will just see.

Calleigh has a lot of issues to work through. Eric knows this and is obviously willing to let her do it. Once she has her "breakthrough" and lets her walls down completely I believe that their friendship will flow very naturally into something more intimate. ;)

TPTB have spent a lot of time and episodes building this up from just a friendship into a potential love affair, and I think that they will do justice to the potential that Eric and Calleigh have. I also don't think that they would do all of this for the relationship to be a fly by night kind of thing. I honestly think we will get something more lasting. Now, do I think they will be problem free? Uh, NO! This is Miami after all and nothing is exactly what it seems. I'm sure that IAB will have something to say about ANY relationship that Eric and Calleigh try to have.

But of course, this is all speculation on my part...:p

Calleigh has a lot of issues to work through. Eric knows this and is obviously willing to let her do it. Once she has her "breakthrough" and lets her walls down completely I believe that their friendship will flow very naturally into something more intimate. ;)

TPTB have spent a lot of time and episodes building this up from just a friendship into a potential love affair, and I think that they will do justice to the potential that Eric and Calleigh have. I also don't think that they would do all of this for the relationship to be a fly by night kind of thing. I honestly think we will get something more lasting. Now, do I think they will be problem free? Uh, NO! This is Miami after all and nothing is exactly what it seems. I'm sure that IAB will have something to say about ANY relationship that Eric and Calleigh try to have.

But of course, this is all speculation on my part...:p

And yet, it is good speculation!! ;)

TPTB won't make this ship a "fly by night" ship. They will try and make it last b/c they have put sooo much into this. I think if they didn't want them to go for a while then they would have gotten them together already. The very notion that they are purposely taking "baby steps" with them should be some inidication of the depth they are trying to achieve with E/C....But w/o a doubt it will have its ups and downs and we won't see it every episode...which to be honest, is an idea i like b/c then when we do get something good, it will be really good. ;)

Just knowing they are together and getting a little something every couple of eps is more than enough for me :D

When Calleigh and Eric get together do y'all think the transition from their friendship to a romantic relationship is going to be awkward or that it's going to be like nothing changed between them?

I was thinking about it too and I don't think it's going to be awkward. First of all they know each other for so long, of course it'll much different when they will start dating, but on the other hand it will be easier for them. I mean they know so much about each other, they don't have to learn everything about one another. Second, they won't suddenly jump into this relationship, they are taking these famous baby steps into that direction. So taking this into account I think it will happen naturally whithout big awkwardness. Considering all of it I guess it will be long lasting, but that's just my thoughts.:)

Right now I'm watching Down to the Wire and I have this silly smile on my face cause I turned the TV on and started watching just when the locker room scene came on. I love the way Cal is concerned for him on that scene and the Do it for us line is just :). Then the recording scene with the therapist and him talking about her...silly smile again. I couldn't help but think oh please just kiss already.

And yeah this ship will last. That's why it's taking so long for them to get together cause I really do think that when the show is over they'll be the couple that will end up getting married or just simply as the official couple. You know, very Ross and Rachel, Scully and Mulder, etc ;).

Right now I'm watching Down to the Wire and I have this silly smile on my face cause I turned the TV on and started watching just when the locker room scene came on. I love the way Cal is concerned for him on that scene and the Do it for us line is just :). Then the recording scene with the therapist and him talking about her...silly smile again. I couldn't help but think oh please just kiss already.

And yeah this ship will last. That's why it's taking so long for them to get together cause I really do think that when the show is over they'll be the couple that will end up getting married or just simply as the official couple. You know, very Ross and Rachel, Scully and Mulder, etc ;).

I was watching that last night too. Thankfully no one was around to see the stupid grin on my fact when she said do it for us.

This ship has to last. They have been through too much together for it not to. It's hard for Calleigh to show her emotions but with Eric she can be open and honest. Hopefully sooner than later :)

I was watching that last night too. Thankfully no one was around to see the stupid grin on my fact when she said do it for us.

This ship has to last. They have been through too much together for it not to. It's hard for Calleigh to show her emotions but with Eric she can be open and honest. Hopefully sooner than later :)

Those two scenes ARE the episode for me :D

Well Tom Sizemore was great too but ya know what I mean ;)

Hopefully this incident in 714 will be what opens Cal up to be honest not only with Eric but with herself as well.

I see E/C as being more of a Mulder/Scully ship than a Ross/Rachel....two totally different shows in two totally different genres

Doesn't seem to be any mention in spoiler 7X15 about Calleigh's brush with death in 7X14. Thats what I don't like, when things happen to certain charators then they leave us kinda hangin in the wind the next episode, but it seems that Eric's bullet ead gows on & on like the energizer bunny.

Come TPTB why can't you just expand on some of this stuff? I love E/C, But they need to finish out the sory lines when they start something this important to the fans instead of the on the edge of death in one episode and its 3 weeks later in the next one and we're never gonna mention what happened to her again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back