E.R. - Emergency Room!

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by ineverysunflower, Jan 6, 2006.

1. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

So I finally got caught up. It was great to see Ray!
    That new chief bugs me - but I am interested to see what she is hiding.

2. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

No comments? :)

I guess not a lot happened this week. We did get to see more of the secretive chief. And I loved her interaction with Frank about his "Veal Frankalini". "Stop saying chanterelle!" :lol:

I can't WAIT to see next week with Dr. Greene! Looks very interesting.

3. Missing

Missing Pathologist

Did anyone catch the last episode with Mark's "return" ? I loved it, I not only was happy to see Mark work again, but it brought the old ER feel back. Weaver, Romano, and Jerry back at the ER again. Even the old music of the first season was used. I have to rewatch just to see if I missed anything. I am still waiting for more nostalgia till the end.

I hope that since the new chief was on the other side of emergency being the parent watching her son die and now remembering that and dealing with that that maybe she will start to be a human and not so damn moody.

4. Smokey

I loved it! I was weepy for the entire last half hour. I know CSI isn't a strict "drama", but man...the writers could learn something from this show about tapping into a character and hitting the fans' emotional buttons.

I was SO happy that she told Morris at the end what happened. Finally, maybe someone will understand her a bit more. And yes, I think/hope this is a turning point where she will be a bit softer.

5. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I've been a casual ER watcher ever since I was a wee kid but pretty much stopped once half the original cast was gone. I've been trying to catch up on everything so I watched last season and most of this season.

Loved last week's episode! It was so great seeing Dr.Green again, I was so sad when he died. :( And Aw Weaver and Romano. I missed them. *nostalgic*

It was a really clever way to delve into one of the new character's pasts by bringing ER back to basics. Loved the contrast between the two cases--Dr.Green wasn't able to save her child but she was able to save the child she was working on. I liked how they intertwined both of these through the whole episode.

Hopefully, like was said, the chief will delve into her softer side a bit more instead of being so restrictive not only with herself but with her co-workers and husband.

I'm loving the season so far. :)

6. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I just finally got to ER on my DVR from two weeks ago, the episode with Dr. Greene on it. I really liked Dr. Greene so it was great to see him. And yay for Romano too! Love to hate that guy! Not a bad episode, so that was the big thing behind the new chief. Ok, that is just too sad! Still not liking the new chief no matter what kind of background they gave her. But it was great to see old castmembers again. I still have last week's to watch yet. I'm behind since the whole family has been sick. Would love to see Dr. Ross make a return visit, which I think he definetely owes to the fans and to the show since it made him famous. I love George Clooney but I think he needs to remember where he came from and make sure to put in an appearance. I can only hope! I've already read that Carol won't be coming back, Julianna Marguiles said she left her character in a good place and that's it, she won't come back. I like her, she turned down a lot of money to leave the show. She wasn't greedy about it and she did leave Carol in a great place.

7. Smokey

I just watched last week's episode. Yikes! Very unexpected and sad. :( Again, I think the writers on this show are just awesome and CSI could take some lessons when it comes to character development.

Yeah, I think one of the great things about ER has been that the actors can be on it for a few years and then move on, and it doesn't affect the show that much. At least it hasn't for me. I still love it just as much as when it started.

Remember the big ER versus Chicago Hope debate because they arrived at the same time? Guess we know who won that one, huh? :)

Hope the family feels better soon, Kristine!

8. Missing

Missing Pathologist

Yeah, I had forgotten about that. I think I only watched CH once or twice and actually don't remember much from it. ER blew alot of the competition away for a long time and won its timeslot for years. It was in a way a pioneer for medical shows. Just like CSI made way for crime shows to be more than cops catching bad guys.

9. Smokey

I just watched this week's episode, and I am SO going to miss this show!! :( Does anyone have any good recommendations for a show to help me with the withdrawal after this is over? I'm going to miss good drama without the newfangled "quirkiness" of say..."House" or "Greys Anatomy".

I LOVED the Christmas episode, especially the parts with Archie and Banfield. Excellent! :guffaw:

But please, Sam needs to get over herself! :rolleyes:

10. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I'm going to miss ER too. I loved that show. I don't watch it as much as I used to, but it was great. One of the best tv shows ever!

11. Smokey

Due to the fear of not getting my DVR to capture CSI correctly because of the speech, I didn't set it to record ER, so I missed a little bit of the beginning...not to mention, I was a bit distracted then by the flurry of posting online after Grissom's goodbye. ;)

So did I miss anything major? I saw that Sam wasn't being *quite* as much of a ***ch to Tony as she has been lately. Looked like Neela was going to stay at County?

12. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Did you all hear that George Clooney is coming back to ER for the last season? He is filming it now! Yay George!

13. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

^^ I read that as well! Yay! But I assume it's just one episode?

Oh we started last season some weeks ago. Greg dead, tonight is the episode Abby and Luka leave.

*le sigh* I am going to miss my show :(

14. WhosLaughingNow

WhosLaughingNow Lab Technician

To be honest I stopped watching the show years ago, but I will for sure tune into see this. Shameless George Clooney fan right here :p

15. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Hey, longtime ER fan here!!! :) I was just wondering (and I'm sorry if it's already been mentioned) but does anyone know if Carol Hathaway will come back also? Maybe with Doug?

Thanks! :)