E.R. - Emergency Room!

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by ineverysunflower, Jan 6, 2006.

1. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

No idea, maybe it's still supposed to be a "surprise" for most people. They said he's not in the finale and I've read several places that it will be March 12th. If you think about it Neela is going to Seattle to retrieve a heart so I'm guessing that's where she'll run into Carol and Doug. :)

2. squinn1201

squinn1201 Rookie

It's crazy, only 5 episodes left! I am so glad that they have brought back all of our past favorites this year. Even going to the extent and bringing back a deceased Dr. Greene! I think the premise for Carol, Doug, Susan, and Dr. Pratt coming back is for Carter of course. A friend of mine thinks that Carter will die, but I don't think the writers will end it on a sad note. I think that Carter will get the kidney he needs. Maybe one of the former doctors will be a match? I also think that Neela will end up with Ray in the end. They keep mentioning his name. I don't think they'd continue to bring him up if they weren't going to go anywhere with it. I think the show is keeping Clooney's return on the down-low because they want some sort of an element of surprise even though his return is no longer a rumor. Remember back to the day Carol (Margelies) left ER...Clooney's appearance was a total shock to everybody! Only the director, producer, and a few of the crew knew about the final scene!!!!

3. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Yay thanks!!!

I thought the same thing. I was so sure that they would go all out promoting his return. Cool he's coming back, anyway :thumbsup:.

I think so too. His name just keeps popping up. Add to that the break-up scene we got last thursday...

Or maybe they are just playing with us to keep us guessing who'll she end up with, IDK. Can't say I loved Simon when he first arrived but he's been growing on me. So now IDK who I want her to end up with cause I like Ray also. Maybe right now I would say Simon just for the fact that he's the one I see on thursday's night, but still I can't say 100%.

4. squinn1201

squinn1201 Rookie

I'm not sure why she broke up with him anyway after hearing about his traumatic past. You would think she'd want to help him get through it. I guess that shows that they are not meant to be!

5. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I think Neela will end up with Ray too. I sure hope so! I miss Ray!

6. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

No comments yet? Everyone is still stunned? :lol:

I thought it was awesome!! I loved the Seattle scenes. I expected a small cameo from George, not half the show with Doug and Carol! It was so good. Almost makes you wish they'd do a spin off. Nah, I know he keeps pretty busy with other things these days. ;)

I liked the scenes back at County too tho. It showed how things move on even tho the people change, and they're doing just as good a job as the "old guys" did.

Now, is this FINALLY the child that Banfield will adopt? C'mon...we all knew this was coming, didn't we? :)

7. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I loved it! So happy to see George Clooney back! It was like he never left! I wish they had known the kidney was for Carter though. That drove me nuts! And yay for Carter and his new kidney and hanging out with Benton. Loved those socks he had on! :lol:

Yep, I figured that about Banfield and the baby as soon as I saw it.

8. Missing

Missing Pathologist

You know I thought the same but if Doug and Carol would have known who the kidney was for it might have changed their motive for getting grandma to donate the boys organs. It was shown I think that way because it was showing how they are great doctors who care for the well being of another. Yes it would have been nice to see them think about Carter but in a way that might have been less to the show. This way they did a good thing and ended up helping one of their own. It kinda makes you think about your everyday actions and how they might help someone you know with out you knowing. So I liked that concept of how they did it.

As for Bandfield --yep soon as I saw the baby...I knew they would go there.

And props to ER for using Carol and Dougs music there at the end.

I think by the finale of this show I will be crying.

9. squinn1201

squinn1201 Rookie

Okay! I absolutely LOVED seeing Dr. Ross and Carol back on ER! However here's my problem....

Why the h-e-double hockey sticks did the writers not let Doug and Carol find out that the kidney was for Carter???? I know that organ donations are confidential and all, but I thought for sure that he'd find out when he was talking with Sam and Neela at the Seattle hospital. Even when Doug was asking about all the former doctors, he didn't even ask about Carter!!!!!! All that fighting for the organs and they only find out that it was for "some" doctor?

It was great to see Benton again also!

10. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I LOVED this episode!!!! I knew it would be good, but it was even more than I expected!!! The Doug and Carol scenes were so wonderful as were the Benton and Carter scenes. Everytime I see an episode like this, that even moves me to tears, I remember why this show has lasted so long and why I love it in the first place.

I thought that was such an amazing detail :).

I would've liked for them to know that the kidney went to Carter when Carol got the phone call. Though I still think they way it was done worked very well :).

11. Smokey

I wanted them to know it was for Carter too, but oh well. :)

And I agree...almost every episode brings me to tears at some point. I love good drama like that. I just hope another show comes along that is just as good. They're few and far between, unfortunately.

The day the show aired, Ellen said on her show that she had a "cameo" in the episode and showed the scene in Carter's room and her show was playing on the TV. I thought they made it up, but he really was watching Ellen when they showed it for real! :lol:

12. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I liked this week's episode but I was disappointed with the Neela and Ray scene. I was waiting a long time to see them get back together, and I felt let down with their scene. No kiss, hug, nothing! It left me wanting more!

I missed Carter in this episode. I guess he'll be in the next, or at least I hope so. I can't believe that there are only two episodes left!

13. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Same here! Did Neela go there just to be with Ray? Cause it was the first place she went when she got there and he said she's really there and she said yea, she's really there. So yea, don't know. But we deserved a hug or something! It was great to see Ray though, miss him!

I also missed Carter. Makes me wonder how I ever got through so many episodes without him. To me he is the show.

14. Smokey

I think from the way she was talking with Lucien (Morris Pearson :lol: ) that she took a not-so-glamorous-job somewhere but just to be near Ray. I don't know...I never really got into them as a couple.

I'm just loving Archie tho! :lol: Wearing those donkey ears! He's so smart tho...trying not to screw up a good thing.

15. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I love watching Archie too. He's fun to watch.