E.R. - Emergency Room!

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by ineverysunflower, Jan 6, 2006.

1. CarmineFan

CarmineFan Lab Technician

Re: E.R.- emergency room!!

Well, I started watching ER when George Clooney had been there, but after he left, I finished with ER.
    And then, some weeks ago, I saw ER when I switched the channel and saw Shane West as Ray. That was when I decided to come back to ER and I saw HIM. This hot doctor who was arguing with Ray, Tony Gates.

And now I just watch ER because of John Stamos playing Gates. I read the post over the six sites and I could make out that you don't really like him, do you? So tell me what's wrong with him? I can't believe that...

2. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

Wow, I feel so behind :rolleyes: I watched yesterday season 10's second episode, after missing the premiere. But I did watch season 9 finale...This Congo storyline is like way different from what I ever expected them doing, but it's cool :) I am liking to see the new set. But I haven't seen the other characters that much, considering that everything is happening in Congo. But I guess in the season premiere they showed County right? :rolleyes:
    Anyway, these are emotionally heavy episodes, and they make a difference in ER history, I guess...ok, maybe not that much...but it's been cool to see something different, that's for sure :)

3. Missing

Missing Pathologist

Ok anyone watch the premire last week?

NBC Review

SEASON PREMIERE--MISSING IN ACTION- STANLEY TUCCI (“THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA”) GUEST STARS—Abby (Maura Tierney), Pratt (Mekhi Phifer) and Morris (Scott Grimes) try to figure out how to handle Dr. Morretti’s (guest star Stanley Tucci) strict new ER procedures. As the injured arrive at the ER from the anti-war rally, Gates (John Stamos) frantically tries to find out what happened to Neela (Parminder Nagra). Later, Gates takes matters into his own hands when he finds out that a patient was responsible for the explosion at the rally. Linda Cardellini also stars.

Wasn't a bad episode but just not woo-hoo. OF course it revolved around Neela. Gates, Abby and Dubenko all fought over care for her.

Pratt and Morris fought Morretti on their alcohol level (as they had a drink off shift) which was less that what pilots limits are.

Yeah not too much. Hope this is their last season--does anyone know if it is??

4. Missing

Missing Pathologist

Well the season has been ok so far. Although we are again back to Abby's drinking problem as she started again because of the stress of Joe and Luka being gone. Pratt and Morris have been studying for the Boards exam and that has been kinda funny. Last night there was a new attending added and she says that she is only staying into Dec but who knows. She seemed a little too nice. If anyone watched last night do you know what the name of the song used at the very end was??

5. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Seriously, I searched for this thread and found nothing, what the heck? :scream: Anyways, here's my original post:

Am I the only one here who loves ER? It's not like it used to be, that's for sure, but it has always been on of my favorite shows. I've watched it since the pilot episode. Nowadays it is getting a bit boring and annoying but I can't stop watching it, gotta see it through! I do believe this is their last year, is it not? My favorite characters are: Dr. Ross, Dr. Carter, Dr .Corday, Abby, Luka, and Ray. The stabbing storyline was the best, I cried for Lucy and I didn't even like her!

6. Missing

Missing Pathologist

Well I have watched ER since right before the stabbing of Carter and have been a fan ever since. I obviously watched all the episodes and own a few of the DVD's (waiting for the price to go down). With that said I am kinda happy that this is the final year, as it just has not been able to keep its viewers and storylines have not been that great--well unless you portray Abby. I am one of the few that actually like Maura Tiernery and thought she has done a great job as Abby. But the show as a whole has went downhill and I basically figure that that happened when Anthony Edwards (Mark) left the show. I was not a huge Doug/Carol shipper so that didn't matter to me when they left.

7. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

I do watch the show.....but unfortunately my interest has wavered over the last few years. I really liked the earlier seasons much better.

8. CSI_Kat

I am not sure about this site....but if this spoiler is true - this is really cool. Plus a few promo pics.

Dr. Greene will appear in this season! Read it here. Plus here are some promo pics.

9. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

My hubby told me that and I was like, what? He's dead! :lol: I liked Dr. Greene except after he got the crap beat out of him in the restroom and turned into a mean guy for awhile. They should bring back Romano too. Loved that guy! He's dead too though. Hmmm, what about Dr. Corday? One of my favorite women on that show!

10. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Oooo....ER fans! What you posted is what I've read too.

Are spoilers a no-no in a non-CSI thread??

11. CSI_Kat

we can post them but in spoiler boxes in this thread unless the mods agree to allow *spoilers* to be added to the title.

12. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

I just added a spoiler warning to the thread title so it'll be easier to post spoilers in this thread, but please remember that the spoiler warning does not apply to all the threads in General TV and Media, so please stay careful, because better safe than sorry. :)

13. CSI_Kat

JUST ANOTHER DAY IN PARADISE—Dr. Banfield’s (Golden Globe winner Angela Bassett) arrival and tough attitude causes the whole ER staff to feel defensive. Gates (John Stamos) and the new interns fight to save the life of a terrorist while risking their own lives. Neela (Parminder Nagra) finds an unlikely advocate in her fight to get Dr. Dubenko (Leland Orser) back on the surgery staff. Scott Grimes, Linda Cardellini and David Lyons also star.

Show Cast: Linda Cardellini, John Stamos, Scott Grimes, David Lyons, Angela Bassett, Parminder Nagra

Source: NBC

Episode 15.09 will be called "Heal Thyself"

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2008
  14. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I don't see the spoiler warning in the thread title....soooo...can we talk about the season premier? :D What did everyone think?

15. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I had no idea they were going to kill someone off! And I wouldn't have suspected it be Pratt. I always think it's worse for doctors, they know what's wrong with them and all the stuff that can happen. Pratt was even crying. Reminded me of Lucy when she was about to die. Sad!

BTW: I wish I hadn't watched this tonight right before bed, that storyline left me a bit disturbed. Yikes!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2008