"For Warrick" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

Re: "For Warrick" Season Premiere Discussion *SPOILERS*

You know what, I usually would not reply to this, but since my review was my last attempt at connecting with this board, I'm going to.

Yes, it was a total team effort to catch McKeen. Yes, Nick was the one to first indicate McKeen was their suspect. Hands-down, YES. In my opinion, that was a big break in the case, but not enough for a warrant. A judge wants some kind of physical evidence. In that case, they were stuck as they sat around the evidence table. It was Sara who had an idea, thus giving them the SECOND break in the case, but I still think of it as a break. Without that moment, without that idea, they would not have had enough PHYSICAL evidence to get a warrant, likely. I mean, they can conjecture all they like about what their deceased friend would or would not do (roll down a window) and while they know that it is true, they need physical evidence to support it that can convince a judge that McKeen, not Pritchard, is their suspect.

Secondly, "I'm not sure what CSI you're watching." Really, I was watching the same one as you. I just had a different opinion, which is not a bad thing. I was in no way trying to take away from Nick, and if you read my full review you know I cited Nick holding McKeen at gunpoint as the most intense of all scenes in the episode. I was watching the same episode, my friend, just with a different pair of eyes, and I thought differing opinions were just that, opinions.

Also, as a GSR fan, I indicated that it would be in there a bit in my review. It was relevant to the episode, so I felt no need to remove it, as I did all the case parts from my review when posting it in Shipper Central. I tried to follow all of Gil's moments in the episode when doing my review, peppering in some of the others, such as Greg and Sara's moment at Warrick's home, Nick's holding McKeen at gunpoint, and everyone at the funeral.

It was a total TEAM effort, which I said many times. I was just impressed with Sara for keeping her skills sharp. It was a moment of appreciation, not intended to slight anyone, but I stand by my opinion because it is only that; an opinion.

2. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

:rolleyes: Seriously? GSR fans are just pissy because people can actually disagree with them on this board without being chased off, like all the other CSI boards on the internet. The whole 'GSR fans can't post here' is pretty much just GSR fans not wanting to see anything bad about their precious ship. Get over it, and grow some.

Well, you didn't say that in your first review. You said she gave them THE break. Sara shouldn't have even been there to give them that , she is banging the boss, so the rules don't apply i guess. Someone disagrees with you, its called a debate. Besides, if she wasn't there, they would have checked that anyways, it would have been standard procedure to check the bullets, despite them being small. They only gave Sara that line to make her seem somewhat useful.

3. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

Actually, I have kept coming to this board BECAUSE it has people who are not fans of GSR. I really appreciate hearing other peints of view. I was just offering mine, and the first thing I read was "What CSI were you watching." and that hurt because it's just an opinion.

*sigh* I believe it was the BIG break, so I didn't cite the other one because I guess it seemed obvious to me that Nick was the one to point the finger at McKeen. Again, no disrespect intended to Nick. I just thought it was obvious on that count.

Please feel free to PM me if you would like to discuss this further, as I am always open to that, but I'm trying to break from the boards, and think I should stay away from threads. Thanks.

4. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Greg has never struck me as one to hold grudges against people. So I could see him greeting Sara as he did. Plus I always felt they were closer than Nick and her were.

5. saramarie2008

saramarie2008 Dead on Arrival

Didn't Greg like Sara at one point? Maybe back when he was in the lab? I may not remember correctly....

6. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I have a bad feeling that with him having judges and politicians in his pocket that he may get off! Could be another stab to Grissom's psych. I hope not though, I'm hoping its over.

7. chipper

chipper Hit and Run

Yeah! I caught that first thing too! You'd think anyone of the writers, editors or actors (especially Billy himself!) would have caught that!

But then again, I'm not gonna condemn them for that little error. What's important is the overall scene was so powerful and made many people cry. Wow, that's the importance of story-telling, not a little word error. You seem to agree with this too!;)

Also: Thanks for the youtube searchwords, nice people!

8. seahawk

seahawk Prime Suspect

I looked it up in an online dictionary and both tenacity and tenaciousness were given as valid alternatives, so maybe tenacity is just the more common variant of the two.
    But I'm not a native English speaker and I don't have my Webster's or Oxford dictionary at hand, so maybe somebody else might want to confirm this information or give more details from a valid source

9. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I realize this now, I started watching it, but it's so disturbing I just saw that part, and now I see that it was indeed a newsstand, and he heard it on the car radio:confused: I can't watch it, right now, too much pain and bad memories:( but at least we all know who said "OMG" is was always Grissom~And one comment that was offense on "banging the boss" excuse me, these two are engaged, in love and it goes much deeper that that seedy/tacky term~

Last edited: Oct 12, 2008
  10. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Okay lets see if we can sort this out cause *sigh* Anyway.. Normally we [mods] in this forum try to let you all try to work it out, via the board (opinion for opinion not arguing) or via Pm, if it can't be then we step in but in all honesty I am going to step in because the opinion for opinion is looking to get out of hand consider this a nip in the bud. Alyssa, myfuturecsi Regarding your quoted conversation that was just too long to requote.

Who solved the case? THEY ALL DID... In one way or another, yes Nick found the print on the window, yes Sara thought of prints being on the bullets, yes Catherine did the match for Mckeen. But in the end it was the group as a whole that solved this case each individual idea put into one bottle, shaken and stirred and the SOB was caught. As to how they got to that point why is that even being a competitive debate? does it in the long run really matter who got what idea first. No one denies the sequence of events that led to the point of knowing the who.

xfcanadian, Regarding you post in regards to this matter. Seriously please drop the sarcasim or attitude which ever you want to call that display, it really is unwarrented. Also if you or anyone else wanted her [Alyssa] to clairfy her opinion about something the simple thing to have done was to ASK, quote the part and then respectfully ask for a clairification. Its not really that hard folks.

GSR discussion: As to any GSR discussion that takes place in this thread, there was a GSR moment and as per the rules it can be discussed, this is not new and you know it, so those of you who don't want to read it, you have the option of using the ignore feature, or just skipping that part (ie blank it from your vision). Now for those offended by any remarks made about GSR being seen in this or any episode you too have those same options. I suggest both parties use them if this is going to be a problem.

Lastly: I can't make people stay or go that is up to that person or persons, but what we as mods can do is try to make sure that everyone remembers that everyone is allowed to have an opinion and people are allowed to disagree with those opinions, its how you handle it that counts.
    Sometimes points are lost in opinions one thinks, believes or what have you that a certain point has been made and omits it from their opinion (or review) so they move on to the point in which they want to make. Now this can be good or bad, in any case the best way is not to make a snide comment but as I said to respectfully ask the person about it or instead of the comment being snide make it silly, (ie Were we watching the same ep :p because [insert respective opinion and asking for clairification], and vice versa.

If you feel yourself about to make a remark that you know will be snide, or inapproperiate sit back take a deep breath and remember its a fictional show, fictional characters, but the people who are posting are real. If after that you can make a rational post then proceed to do so. If you can not then let it go. - Were not asking for people to hug and sing, we are asking you to respect each other, and each others opinions, I didn't say agree with them, but RESPECT them. EVERYONE should feel comfortable here, which is what we [Tally and myself] try to do, but we can't do it alone your help with this is always much appreciated.

Thank you, let us resume the topic of the thread. ;)

11. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

It's always interesting to me how even though it's a fictional character on a fictional show, it still feels like losing an old friend. It still makes me want to cry.

They just better not do any witness protection program eps...that would make me have a fit. I would have liked to see him still alive, but alas it wasn't to be. They better leave it as is.

12. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Yes, Greg like Sara and he has a crush on her and he got over his crush. He knew Sara didn't him as a lover and she see him as little brother and that is all she see.

Sara gave Greg a hug as her little brother then Nick as her best friend. Sara is close to them more then she does Catherine.

13. LastToKnow710

LastToKnow710 Witness

I've looked it up and talked to a couple of English majors I know, and we all agree that in that instance, it should have been tenacity. Tenaciousness is a word, but of the two, tenacity is more appropriate for correct grammar.

Again, it's a minor error and really no big deal, but it just caught me off guard for a moment. I've always been caught up in minute details. I suppose it stems from having entirely too much time on my hands. lol.

All that aside, I reiterate that I was pleasantly surprised with how well the episode turned out and the actors really brought the show to life. I had lost faith in CSI and personally the focus on GSR became the root of that because I feel it took something from the team, but luckily those moments were subdued in this episode and everything worked. I felt the unity between the five of them, and it took me back to the good ole' days from earlier seasons. It was a terrible set of circumstances, but it gave something back to viewers that many feel have been missing for a while.

I didn't get any bad vibes from the Greg/Sara hug, but then I was focused on the Cath/Sara hug. Never thought I'd see that! And I love how even afterwards Marg held onto and squeezed Jorja's arm for a moment longer. My favorite scene of the entire episode! Sweet, but sad reunion.

14. Half

Half CSI Level Two

15. Szmile

Szmile Police Officer

Thank you so much, I thought I was going nuts! I think (and I would lay money on this) that this is NOT a Greg/Nick/Catherine/Warrick/Gil/Sara photo bu an Eric/George/Marg/Gary/Billy/Jorja photo (ie that this was taken on their downtime). I know you might think I'm nuts but I think I can tell (by looking at a photo) when Eric is acting and when he's "being Eric", and I think he's being Eric and not Greg in this photo. I don't know a lot about the other actors, maybe the fans of the other actors might disagree and think they're playing their roles?

Either way, I'm glad I'm not the only one who found that photo odd. Maybe it's because they are all so relaxed around each other and there's not a trace of formality among them.