"For Warrick" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Re: "For Warrick" Season Premiere Discussion *SPOILERS*

I think only Sara has seen Grissom outside of work in a shirt like that :lol:, so it is definitely a shot they took in off time and just used it for this opportunity.

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I agree with that and I always thought they were best friends, but at this point I never put anything past the writers. I was afraid they'd destroy that friendship for the sake of adding more drama. :lol: I'm going to guess that Greg and Sara probably have spoken once or twice on the phone since she left, seeing as to how close they are. I think they were as close as Nick and Warrick were.

A lot of the guys were mentioned as having had a crush on Sara at one point or another in the show. Greg, SuperDave and Hodges to name a few. :lol: But of course now Greg and Sara grew to be best friends, SuperDave is married and Hodges likes Wendy. :lol:

Yeah, as weird as "tenaciousness" sounds, I guess it is proper just likes "fishes" is proper if you're talking about more than one type of fish (ex: you have 4 goldfish and 1 guppie, you'd say "I have 5 fishes", but if you have 5 goldfish then you'd say "I have 5 fish")... I still think "fishes" sounds weird, but something I read online a while back said "most English teachers would tell you it is improper, but they'd be wrong" lol. Who knew?

3. LastToKnow710

LastToKnow710 Witness

I think that picture is definitely a picture of the actors as opposed to a picture of the characters together. It looks like something they took at a personal gathering.

4. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Yeah, it looks odd to me as well. I thought it had been photoshopped, but now I don't know.

Still, I wish Paul had been in it too.

5. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

It does not look photoshopped to me at all. I think it was just a group pic taken of the actors one day and they used it for this opportunity.

6. ashlmorr3

ashlmorr3 Witness

Regardless of where and when the picture was taken, it's a nice picture. Nothing seems odd about it, or out of place to me.

7. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

I don't know what I think about that picture. Only what I noticed right off which was the following.

A. it looked photoshopped, which is silly because I'm sure they could've gotten them all to pose for it.

B. It does look like Eric George Marg Gary Billy and Jorja rather than Greg Nick Catherine Warrick Grissom and Sara.

C. Catherine is next to Warrick. (Take notice of my siggy and avvi if you don't understand why this was significant in my world) Catherine is always posed between Warrick and Nick isn't she? Is that supposed to be suggestive because those are the two 'ships they actually wrote for her?

D. It looks like Catherine's hand is on Warrick's butt.

How many fanfics exist out there that have dreamt up that same picture? It's nice to finally have it where we can enjoy it. I just wish it was a bit larger so we could see it with better detail.

In all I loved the episode. I was hoping for a bit more yoblingyness but I really didn't expect it. This was a really fitting send-off for my favorite CSI. I've been prepared for a long time (longer than most) and I think that it was written far better than anything I could have expected. It was emotional, coarse, and still kept the very essence of CSI that I've loved for nine years.

I hate that it had to happen but if it had to happen this is how it should have happened.

Meanwhile... was I the only one that noticed that Tina had a makeover?

8. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

That's what I'm wondering myself??? I'm also wondering why they are bringing back all the Detectives... Vartann, Vega, Caviliere? Maybe they are bringing them back to investigate the undersheriff. :wtf:

9. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I just wish they'd bring back Detective Curtis as well...

10. saramarie2008

saramarie2008 Dead on Arrival

Hey, just curious, where did Detective Curtis go? I missed a few episodes in season 8..

I think they should bring her back as well. And as far as the undersheriff goes.. He should get the maximum penalty. Hopefully someone will beat the crap out of him, like he deserves. :mad:

11. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

She was in the first one and then *poof* she was gone. There was no explanation to my recolection. They just let her go without any sort of send-off. It's the one thing about CSI that has really bothered me the most. You'd think after so long and so much effort on her part to earn her place they would have recognized her, even in a sliver of dialogue.

12. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Yeah, Sophia just vanished after Dead Doll. Which is really strange, because you'd think that since she once made it into the opening credits, they'd at least mention where the heck she disappeared to.

I think you guys are right about the picture. It feels like a cast photo, not a team photo, if you get what I'm saying. That's probably what feels off.

13. shamdoodie

shamdoodie Victim

Please forgive my ranting, im working on 2 hours of sleep a day :)

I enjoyed the episode. I've watched it twice so far. I did have a few beefs with it though. Mainly, it was way too short.

Wasn't Grave Danger a two hour epi? How is Warrick actually getting shot any less 2-hour worthy than Nick getting trapped? There have also been several other 2 part episodes, not including the cross-over episodes with other shows.

I have been debating since the spoilers first started coming out as to whether I wanted "finding Warrick's killer" to be a multi-epi story line (a la M.K. , B.P.K. , Paul Milander , etc) leading up to a big climatic finish, or just a two-hour back-to-back or two consectutive night season opening. I dreaded the thought of dragging it out as long as the M.K. storyline, but it ended up being only a 1 one hour epi to catch the perpetrator of the most dastardly act done so far to our crew?

Secondly... for goodness sake, catching him due to a knuckle print (why would one of the top-dogs on the PD not be smart enough to wear gloves?), a partial on a bullet casing so small that it was said to have never yielded a helpful print before, and a hunch on the whole "first witness - first suspect" (a hunch that would have been argued against by any decent defense atty and been disregarded), and a serial number inside the handle of the gun (what police officer -let alone an undersherriff- wouldnt know to check there too, except that it was meant to be discovered to finish framing pritchard ?).

Some of it circumstantial, some of it unbelievable, and mostly so fortuitous that it goes beyond "willful suspension of disbelief". I understand that McKean was on the take and that he probably had help getting to his position on favors more than his abilities (mob connections, moles, crooked judges and officers), but he couldnt possibly be as dumb and unable to cover his butt as this episode made him out to be.

-- completely off here, but I was really hoping it would show that the redhead waitress had went to the back just when she did to call McKean and let him know Warrick had left. I was hoping since the minute it happened last season that she would be shown to be involved somehow and not just being the waitress that got more screen time than certain mainline characters get in some episodes --

All in all, great epi with awesome acting... but more unbelievable than usual, and way too short. They drug out the anticipation for months and all the hype involved and we got one 45 minutes-of-screentime episode.

Again, please forgive the rant.

14. byline

byline CSI Level One

I thought this was a great episode. The middle didn't engage me as much as I would've thought, but the bookends at the beginning and end were some of the best acting I've seen from these actors on this series . . . and that's saying a lot, given the stellar performances they've all turned in. The funeral was the most heartbreaking of all, and Petersen's performance during the eulogy was very moving. Very different from the norm for that character, but perfectly appropriate given the circumstances. It will be interesting to see where they go from here.

The only "false note" for me was the graveyard shift handling this case involving a member of their own team. No way in real life that would've happened, but dramatically there really was no other way to go.

15. byline

byline CSI Level One

My feeling about that was nothing sinister, but that they're so close that no words are needed. They both went through trauma. Nick responded one way, Sara another, but they both understand one another.
    That was my first thought too, till I looked it up. "Tenaciousness" is a word (though "tenacity" would've been my first choice): http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/tenaciousness
    I've read some speculation online that there was supposed to be something further developed between Sofia and McKeen (he made a strange crack to her at one point) and that was supposed to be linked to her departure, but because of the writers' strike, they never had a chance to do that. So she just disappeared without any explanation.

I do agree that, for someone who got away with a mob connection for as long as he did, the undersheriff turned out to be one dumb bunny at the end.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2008