"For Warrick" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 3, 2008.

1. LastToKnow710

LastToKnow710 Witness

Re: "For Warrick" Season Premiere Discussion *SPOILERS*

It was better than I expected, as I don't hold the writers in the highest respect anymore since they've botched so much, but I think the episode turned out beautifully. Although I give complete credit to the actors for that.

It was nice to see Grissom show some emotion for a change. Billy, George, Gary, and everyone else were all great! Marg was the clencher for me, however. Her facial expressions, the anguish, and the beginning scene with her walking up the alley brought tears to my eyes. There are very few actors, I think, that can make you feel so much from only a facial expression, and she's definitely one of them. I wish the writers took advantage of that more often!

I looooooooooooved the Cath/Sara hug too; I've been waiting for that since the show started.

This is the first time in a while, you really felt the team was back and there was a sense of togetherness that could simply knock you over. I've missed the writers taking advantage of their chemistry together.

2. Jacqui

Jacqui Police Officer

Executor of his estate, I beleive. That, I am assuming, is Grissom. I believe with the passing of the flag, the onus is on the executor to see to it that a next of kin who is a minor receives the flag.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2008
  3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Probably this will be interesting, he did make that video, and my take on the whole team, is their all very much grief stricken and no one is angry or mad at the rest of or any particular team member, I saw that Nick was thrilled to see Sara return, they were always good friends/co-workers and Greg too, and her and Cath worked on many cases together, and were great,. One someone dies that you love, petty griveances is the last thing on ones mind:rolleyes: They all respect and honor and love each other, and they're all back together and there for each other in this tragic time!

4. VonHalen

VonHalen Civilian

Wow!

That was INTENSE!

Excellent on all counts.

Brass kicks ass. Love that guy. He threw me for a loop when he admitted to McKean that he thought Warrick was guilty too.

I seriously wish they hadn't killed Warrick off. However, it will probably go down as one of the greatest episodes in television history.

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I did think Nick was feeling anger, but not towards Sara. I think he was more just angry about someone killing Warrick. He was in a "let's find out who did this and lock them up" mode. He didn't want to waste time chit chatting. He wanted justice for his best friend and he wanted it asap. :lol:

The Sara/Nick hug and the Sara/Cath hug were both kind of short compared to the Sara/Greg hug (and of course Sara/Gris hug). I loved when Greg said "I'm glad you're here." I was worried that he was gonna be mad at her for leaving without telling him goodbye. Hopefully when she leaves next time she'll say goodbye to everyone. :)

6. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

My take was nobody was thinking anything else except the shock of their friend gone, period. And at least one mystery was solved in this ep. that was discussed for pages on end, who shouted 'OMG' is was always Grissom:shifty:

7. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I wonder if we'll see the under sheriff back. A trial of sorts?

The guy who played him did a great job.

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I don't know about a trial, but I'd kind of like to see him behind bars and some inmates come up to him (inmates that he helped put away) and the next scene we see that he's gotten beaten up or something. :lol: Maybe the inmates will do more than just hurt him, maybe they'll put him out of the state's misery so they won't have to spend tax payers' dollars on a trial. :lol: I know, that's mean, but so is he. :lol:

9. janemouse

janemouse Victim

the premiere hasn't been shown in australia yet, its on on monday. but i have the main idea about the episode because of youtube and this website (which is good because it torment to wait).

10. NZGirly

NZGirly Police Officer

The premiere hasn't shown in New Zealand either but it watched it on youtube:p I just couldn't wait until Feb to see it!!!

WOW, is really all I can say. It was such an emotional episode! I don't really cry often but this made me cry so hard!!!
    Epically the funeral at the end!! Grissom's speech was so beautiful and him showing some emotion at the end was so gut-wrenching! I just burst into tears! It actually felt like I was at the funeral.
    The actors played there parts brilliantly in this episode!!
    Ahh gosh its so sad. I miss Warrick:(

11. chipper

chipper Hit and Run

Can anyone type here/ pm me the link to watch "For Warrick" on youtube? I'm out of the US on business now. Please help! I bet it's pretty "underground" to find those vids- type "CSI season 9" and all you'll get are CBS' promo vids!:rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2008
  12. misshelgenberger

misshelgenberger Rookie

Would Mckeen get the death penalty for shooting a csi?
    If so then im sure that there will be a scene with him.

13. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Chipper, if you keep an eye on this search link at Youtube the full ep should come up at some points, there are some scenes from some parts of the ep you can look through.

14. LastToKnow710

LastToKnow710 Witness

They have parts 1-5 up now. It's under CSI: Seas 9 ep 1 -- For Warrick -- part 5 and then viewing that one, parts 1-4 should be listed in the window to the side.

15. LastToKnow710

LastToKnow710 Witness

Am I the only one that had a problem with the grammar in Grissom's speech? I was watching with my family, and when he started talking about Warrick's "tenaciousness", we all busted out laughing and simultaneously blurted out that it should have been tenacity?

It was a pretty obvious error on the writer's part and it just bugged me. The funeral scene would have been perfect, otherwise.