"For Warrick" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 3, 2008.

1. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

Re: "For Warrick" Season Premiere Discussion *SPOILERS*

I am late to post here....but I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed this episode. Even though it was "short on evidence" - I think this one was supposed to focus on the emotions and to say goodbye to a great cast member. I will definitely miss him!

2. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

To end the debate of who 'broke the case' and mods I promise to never bring it up again..I'll quote Kristine's analysis:

And that's the Word as Stephen Colbert would say?

3. wlk68

wlk68 Pathologist

I was away on vacation last week and the cruise ship didn't get CBS. :( As a result, I had to wait until yesterday to see this eppy.

All summer long I had been bitching about how Grissom was going to be the one to find Warrick instead of Nick. It seemed like an overly contrived way to give BP one more scene to add to his Emmy reel. What with this being his last season, I think TPTB are manipulating everything to give him as many opportunities as possible to snag a nomination. He totally deserves one but not at the expense of plausibility.

The diner they were eating breakfast in was chock full of police personnel. The Under Sheriff calls in an "Officer Down" and NONE of them heard it?? None of them had a radio on?? They were all right around the corner from the shooting.

But Grissom, who is several blocks away, manages to not only hear the call but be the first one on the scene? Can you say contrived? I knew you could.

But having said all that, I've kinda come around to appreciate the way it turned out. I like that Grissom and Nick have reversed their typical roles. Grissom is usually the inscrutable, unemotional sphinx and now he's emoting all over the place.

And while I love Emo!Nick - the man can cry with the best of them - I adore the fiercely determined and frosty laser-like focus that Avenging!Nick was giving us.

I think this is a reaction on his part to all the trauma he's suffered over the course of the show. Losing his best friend in such a sudden and violent way is the straw that broke the camel's back. I can see Nick kind of shutting his emotions down at this point and just focusing on the job. It's either that or have a full blown melt down. I'm curious to see if he'll be able to keep a tight lid on all that emotion in the upcoming episodes and if we will see that internal struggle.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  4. CCA

CCA Police Officer

I really don't know what to say, the episode was truly depressing and sad. Which I knew it would be. Yet was still a good send off for the character that Warrick was. I did yell at the screen though, I do admit. When Sara said Warrick wouldn't want to be anywhere else but where he was when he died.Nick and Warrick are BROTHERS! Okay, so he she was comforting him but still I couldn't help but think that! I also agree with everybody about the picture, I thought it looked like they were at a event and it was like &quot;hey it's the cast of CSI take a pic together! But to me its more geniune, and the smiles are not fake.</p> I also hate that just two years ago, before we knew Sara was leaving and I was just getting into the show. I said to my mother how cool it was that how many seasons they were going on and still had every single main character and even occuring. Most shows you don't get that, by second season somebody is mad they don't have more parts and they are leaving. Guess I should have kept my big mouth shutAs for Sophia, its funny how you all said she just kind of disappeared. She must of went upstairs with Flip Phillips from Happy Days up the stairs and just never came back down...hope some of you get that reference</p>P.S. for some odd reason this computer not allowing me to space,...I miss my computer

Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
  5. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Okay. So I was FINALLY able to watch the episode. And let me just say, I was happy to be home by myself. I was blubbering like a newborn baby. It was truly depressing. It was so well done! TPTB surprised me beyond my wildest imagination. They had a perfect oppourtunity to botch it up, but instead they took advantage of all the actor's talents and turned it into an awesome episode. Well done. TPTB did such a great job that I might stop making snarky comments about them...maybe. ;)

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I thought that too. When Sara said that, I almost said outloud "nowhere except maybe with Nicky". :lol:

7. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Haha, love it.

I still wish Warrick had been found by Nick. I know it was great drama to have Grissom find him - but I just wish it had been Nick.

8. GregNickRyanFan

Yeah, but at the same time that might have completely broken Nicky too. So, it's kind of half and half thing for me. :lol:

9. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I think the way they did it was better. Having Nick completely numb until he came face to face with the under sheriff-made that final scene pack more of a punch as the reviewer on CSIFiles wrote.

10. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

She is all about her man and we all know that Nick and Warrick shared something that we agree on...a brotherly love....it showed on screen and off...we all know where Warrick would have rather had been...in his brother's arms...and Nick would have wanted it too.

I can't believe I'm talking about these characters as if they are real...it is the writers guys...they are to blame if we aren't happy or if we are happy....it is a show for pete's sake...we may not agree on the storyline but at least we all got a little something...especially the funeral scene...it was soooo sad and soooo well performed by all.:)

11. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

it also went on to explain though how Warrick thought of Grissom as a father character in his life , somebody to always keep him in line and know when he was off track and in his psych evaluation video he said how if he could have picked his father he would have picked him.
    i know he had special relationships with everyone in that lab and he probably would have wanted to be with them all but this episode was kind of about explaining the relationship that Grissom and Warrick had that was never shown as much as Warrick and Nick.
    i also think that it was meant as a way for Warrick to know that he never let Grissom down or anything that he might be thinking along those lines.

12. GregNickRyanFan

I agree with that. :)

13. Alex

Alex Lab Technician

TV GUIDE:

14. GregNickRyanFan

Ugh!!!! :scream: Once again Greg/Eric gets ignored. Stop leaving him out! He was there too! God! And his first scene when he saw Grissom covered in Warrick's blood... the look on Greg's face was just heartbreaking. He really looked like he was about to cry. Why oh why did stupid Matt Roush not bother to mention him?

15. chipper

chipper Hit and Run

About the photoshopped pic, I'm no expert, but it looks like the background is fake.

Maybe they were all standing in front of a trailer or some sound/lights equipment on set, so they had to remove that out and replace it with something neutral like the greenery we see! Still a lovely pic, tho!