Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions P2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Sep 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fabian

Fabian Pathologist

I've been to the sets 2 weeks ago and they just started 9.09 back then.

2. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I'm of the opinion that he will go in a quiet way. I think he will probably have some contact with each cast member during the episode, and may share some subtle remark with a hidden meaning, but then I think he will just be gone, while everyone else is working on the next case. I think that's the way WP will want it. And he did say there was darkness before the dawn, so I'm assuming it will be a positive departure.
    It will be interesting to see what the writers have in store. They have a big job ahead of them with millions of fans with their own ideas.

As for the episodes being filmed now, I think they must be starting on the final 2 (epi's 9and10). I thought I read that LF was to report to work last week; and WP's play opens the first week in November. I would think he would need to be in Chicago at least a couple weeks early. They might also just try to film some of his scenes out of sequence so he can be done early even though the whole epi may not.

3. GSRLUVER

GSRLUVER Lab Technician

This is the way I see it being played out...

Grissom has put in his letter of resignation to Ecklie. Catherine notices a small change in Grissom, so she snoops and finds out. She tells the team and they try to decide what to do. They agree that a party is a not an option, so on his last day, they all just say good-bye to him in different scenes. Grissom, of course, is a little peeved that they found out, but still glad to have them say good-bye. I think the very last scene should just be Grissom, in that he takes one last look at his office, turns out the light, closes the door, and the screen fades to black.

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Thank's ilovegrissom for understanding my comments:thumbsup: excatly all in jest like his comments, Billy is a sarcastic, cynical guy with a hint of whimsy, and is a practical joker. And my views are that he's great friends with the whole cast and if all fan have read all the new bulletins, they'd know that he and Cath were never gonig to be together as a romantic couple. That from the onset with his total approval, Jorja Fox was brought in to be his love interest. and after 8 yrs. that escalated to a marriage proposal. And that's what I meant by psycho babble. He and his cast mate Cath have a good working employee/boss type friendship, nothing more, and he has that with the whole team. I would have prefered that they were all together on the cover:( And everyone has their opinion on how Grissom leaves, Mine and others, are certain that when he does leaves Sara leaves with him. And then Cath will stay on to be in a leadership capacity, with Nick and LF and we'll see how that goes!

5. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I think there was an episode years back where Grissom said he will just go and his office would be empty and that would be that.

I think he will just up and leave and that will that.

6. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

I guess I interpret things a little differently. First, this was an interview, not speculation by an outsider. WP's second statement of the article was: "They have this understanding with each other. There's a different kind of respect Grissom has for Catherine that would preclude a relationship on that level. The very thing that was wrong with Grissom and Sara is what he wouldn't allow to happen with him and Catherine."

Whoa! That sounds rather ominous for Grissom's relationship with Sara. And it was a pretty straightforward statement, no laughter, etc. Perhaps he and Sara will work all that out by epi 10.

7. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I believe that was in S2's Ellie, Which Grissom told Warrick that when he leaves CSI there will be no cake in the breakroom, he'll just be gone.

Please let's not turn this thread into another GSR debate, can we just drop it? Thanks.

8. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

Wojo, I thought about that before I posted, but decided because this is new information straight from WP, possibly a hint about this season, that it belonged here instead of in Shipper Central. Didn't mean to offend you.

9. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Yeah, he did say that, but now that Warrick's gone maybe Grissom might see things differently. I mean, the team has lost so much already. Sara just up and left without saying anything to anyone and they were all upset about that. Then Warrick gets killed. I truly think that its possible that Grissom might feel that it would be wrong to just up and leave without letting any of them know ahead of time. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the writers have him do. :)

10. Micha

Micha Rookie

A friend of mine went to the set of CSI 1,5 weeks ago, he interviewed the cast and they were currently shooting episode 9.09...

11. ali319

ali319 Prime Suspect

I hadn't thought of this ... I too was remembering the "there won't be any cake in the breakroom - I'll just be gone" comment from "Ellie" and expecting a quick disappearance. Given that the last 2 characters left abruptly without an opportunity for last words/goodbyes, however, I'll bet they won't go that direction. I think it will be implied that he's talked to people and they know he's leaving. For the final scene, I could see maybe a letter to Cath (or maybe the team as a whole) that we hear Grissom read in a voice-over as he's packing up. That would avoid the OOC mush scene without making it a shocker departure for the team - and it might give the opportunity for Grissom to express some things he couldn't in person.

Remember the scene in LLV where Nick tries to hug him and tell him goodbye? The expression on Grissom's face when he says "stop hugging me" and then Nick's hilarious grimace at realizing he's overstepped? OK, off point, it just popped into my head and made me smile.

So it sounds like WP must be very near the end of his time filming CSI. I guess all of the stuff we're wondering about has already been decided, huh?

Ali

12. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I'm not offended, I wasn't speaking about anyone personally. It just that in the past this tread has had a lot of bickering between the GSR and non GSR fans. I was just wanting to keep the peace so to speak.

Now back to out regularly scheduled spoilers...:)

13. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Yeah...

Does anyone know if LF been lurking around set? You know meeting people or anything like that?

14. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

According to many sites they started filming on Sept.15, and so I would assume he's there, and has met everyone~

LAURENCE FISHBURNE

15. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Oh I knew when they started filming, I just wasn't sure if he had officially been to the set, you know, getting comfortable with the cast and crew and such. But, thanks for the info.

Does anyone know anything past episode 10? I'm assuming they are keeping it hush hush on account of WP departure?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.