Calleigh/Jake #1 - "Some things never change!"

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Leela, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lambchop

Lambchop Rookie

Re: Calleigh/Jake #1 - "Some things never change!"

I don't know if you guys have seen this yet, but it's really good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDH2kXEquPM

I have to believe that Jake will be back or I can't watch any more. So in my little world.... Jake will be back and they will live happily ever after.

Florry86 ~ our avatars should be next to each other. LOL!!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2008
  2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Hmm... I think Michelle Branch's "Goodbye To You" would fit better, but that's just me. Cause Calleigh said she can't wait even though she'd like to, she can't live with the wondering. And there's a line in that song "I want you, but I'm not giving in this time". But, I think our girl would give in over and over again cause Jake just has something about him, you can't resist. To me (and this may just be my interpretation), "Torn" sounds like it's about a liar/cheater/abuser cause "should have seen just what was there and not so holy lie". I dunno... Or at the least, it sounds like the girl in the song is saying that the fortune teller told her that guy wasn't right for her. And we all know that Calleigh belongs with Jake, so to me that song doesn't fit them. :lol:

If Jake dies and Calleigh gets another beau, it should be someone we've never seen before. But, I really hope they let Jake live. And let the gang be taken down so he can live in peace, leave Undercover work and be a regular detective and help the team solve crimes.

3. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Thank you so much for posting this video.
    Yep I watched it & I have to say that even though the song wasn't the best, I loved it.

I know what you mean &, trust me, this is my little world too:p

I know I know;), now I'm trying to make some cake icons & banners just to enjoy our great moments...'cause we had moments:p

I don't know why but I think that the intention of the prson who mad that video was to make an antiCaKe video...I think that's the reason why she chose that song;).
    The problem is that the music fit too well w/ the clips & it came out too CaKe:lol:.
    Anyway I loved it...the problem to me was the voice of Natalie Imbruglia which didn't fit so well w/ the clips but overall it was a lovely video:p

Well I don't want Calleigh to be w/ Eric at all (I can't stand them together, I can't stand Eric) so if there's even a very little possibility for Calleigh to be w/ another persone after Jake's death I'd be the happiest person of the world.
    I'll always sya that Calleigh has to be w/ a person outside the lab:p

4. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I agree. In my eyes, I guess I just look at all this a little differently (than most viewers) because if TPTB were intentionally breaking them apart in this manner to bring Calleigh to some kind of "realization" then I personally think they would have gone the "this guy is a dickhead" route....& she would have already seen it at the end of that episode!
    I just don't think this triangle will have the outcome that most others are expecting. If any particular duo's "romantic feelings" for each other have been emphasized - it's been Calleigh & Jake's.

See my little fake triangle here /\ <---well that one line there hasn't seen anything but friendship from Calleigh in the past 2 years, so, that's what Im basing this on, & the fact that when it all originally started it was said that it was "one-sided" anyway.

5. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Exactly my dear.....the're always been just one couple in these last two year: Calleigh & Jake.
    As for Calleigh not being able to resist him, how to blame her???:p:devil:
    After "Going Under" she has never been able to say "NO" to him or to stay that far from him.
    Even when they broke up in "Deep Freeze" she let him tell her everything without sayin "No", she even accepted it, but, then, when it was time to break the rule she did it without thinking about it. She had to stay w/ Jake & she gave him her hand in front of half Miami (the whole department: I'm sure that lots of people saw it also because of the glasses:p) without thinking about the consequences. She could have been fired, she could have had Jake fired, but she did it, she gave her hand to him. Same thing for him. He could have been fired, he could have had her fired, but he did it.
    He can't resist her &, surely, she can't resist him: this is chemistry & this is love.
    Now that they "closed" this CaKe window I'm going to say this isn't how the triangle should have functioned. Again, the scene in "Resurrection" destoyed any kind of hope of love for another person who wasn't even mentioned in it. Again, this "triangle never existed & the episode prooved it.

:guffaw:mjszud I love your triangle:lol:
    I'll always say that it never existed for Calleigh, Jake & Eric.
    Eric "loves" Calleigh & he's not able to think about any other girl who's not blond and short w/ green eyes. He changed a lot after his brain damage.
    Jake loves Calleigh & he doesn't think about any other girl. The only kind of problems he has are all about his UC job. Anyway he didn't prefer his job in "deep freeze" when he asked her to coool down things & we know it because of "Sun Block".
    The it happened what happened in "SYG" & he had to go UC but he thought about Calleigh "I didn't do it for the case, I did it for you" or "I was kind hoping you would wait" :adore:
    As for Calleigh...she loves Jake & she has no feelings for anyone else. When she helped Eric, she helped him because she's his best firend, there was no love in it. If I had been Calleigh, I would have dones the same things knowing that my best friend has a damn bullet in his head.
    Whenever she's w/ Jake she doesn't think about Eric or other people, she thinks only about their relationship & what's gonna happend in THEIR future. There's never mention of Eric in it.
    Again, TPTB's idea of triangle is completely wrong:rolleyes: & they, still, have to show it to us. Anyway I don't want it anymore now that I'm sure Calleigh & Jake love eachothers.
    And I'm sure she'll be waiting Jake, again, just because of her face when he kissed her & caressed her. That expression was "oh well if you put it in this way I have to wait you :adore". She had her eyes closed when he kissed her 'cause she wanted it to happen, she wanted another way to show he loves her....how to blame her:p

6. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I think the look on Cal's face in Flo's banner says it all! Calleigh has given that -"Im about to get midevil on your ass"- look before, & she just didn't have it here, or any other time for that matter. It was a look that was saying "please don't go". ;)

7. CSIFray

CSIFray Lab Technician

Yeah, It's obvious by the way she acted.
    Even though she said that she didn't know if she could wait for him,
    with her body language you can tell that she's going to.
    And, that she definitely wants to.

8. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Well, something I noticed in last nights epi was that Calleigh was not the normal Calleigh. She seemed very distracted, & irritated with herself that she lost the suspects.
    Given her words in 'Ressurection' when she talked about how terrified she was that something would happen to him & that she "couldn't live like that" , I do believe she had worries of Jake on the mind. ;)

Regardless of her saying that she can't live that way, it doesn't mean that she will just go off & say - Oh ok, he's gone so Im not going to think about him anymore. :rolleyes: Yeah right.
    She'll sit back & worry about him just as she did before.

9. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Exactly!!! In that situation her body spoke for her:p

You know...I was scared when I saw Calleigh, she was :eek:. I was the whole time "somthing's wrong w/ her!!!"
    I don't know if it was EP who didn't look good (not in terms of clothes;)) in this episode or if it was Calleigh, but, still I think that Calleigh was way too distracted &, surely, there's only one thing that causes it...Jake's absence.
    She wasn't paying attention to the case & she was way too frustrated after the chasing. I usually feel like her in this kind of situations, but she was like "gosh everything's going in the wrong way now that I'm alone":(

Trust me...she's waiting. I have no doubts after the last episode;)

10. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

Lambchop - fan vids can only be posted in this thread.

11. mjszud

mjszud Captain

& it's always like this when Jake is gone!!! :eek: Her luck goes downhill. I just know that normally Calleigh is very professional, always on top of everything, & she hasn't been. Even her "2nd in command" vibe is gone - she doesn't really show that side anymore, it's just very unlike her to have all this going wrong in her life.
    Im not saying Jake is an actual distraction when he's around, cause quite frankly she seemed better when he was there...of course his hotness is a distraction Im quite sure :drool:.
    But you can see it with her now, Im sure she can't stop wondering if he's ok.

BTW, we may want to start thinking of a new thread name, we're getting close. here's my contributions, all I have so far are ones stole from Resurrection ( & Flo's banner) :p:
    Cake (Calleigh/Jake) #2: "I did it for you"
    Cake (Calleigh/Jake) #2: Waiting for you

or - We can't live like this!! (as in us & Cake) :lol:

12. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I'd say Cake (Calleigh/Jake) #2: Waiting for you as we all are waiting for them. It can sound like
    -Calleigh waiting for Jake (she says "wating for you" like in my banner:p)
    -Jake waiting for Calleigh (we all know he'll be "is Calleigh ok???" while UC, he wonders about her even while at work)
    -Us....we are always waiting for them. We're like "come on...we're waiting for you!":p

Anyway I'm gonna say it was Calleigh being distracted:)
    She lost her smile without Jake. Whenever she's not w/ Jake she can't do it:(

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

How about this for a thread title: "Because he took a risk for her" ?

There's a song in my head that makes me think of the whole "I can't live like that" conversation, but I can't think of the title of the song. It's by Colin Raye and Bobbie Eakes and it's something like "we can't love that way anymore" or something to that effect. Does anyone know the song I'm talking about?

14. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Hmm never heard it:confused:

Anyway I think that also "Because he took a risk for her" could be a good title 'cause he's risking his life for her:p & she perfectly know it. That's why she was eww last night:wtf:.

I nvever saw Calleigh that serious w/ Jake. Even if there were two scenes which cracked me up I was never "oh that's Calleigh!".
    People will always say that Calleigh doesn't smile properly w/ Jake & I'll always say that she can smile only w/ Jake.
    I think that even in the last night episode she showed it. Even at the gas station or after the "chasing" if it had been Calleigh, the one w/ Jake, she would have laughed saying something like "guess it's not my day".
    This Calleigh was "OMG" scarying & odd. I'm sure it has something to do w/ Jake's absence.
    I miss this Smile

15. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I like that title too, & it kinda goes against our original thread title "some things never change". If anything, I see that it has changed; Jake risked his cover & his life because of Calleigh, which was something back in 'Going Under' that he couldn't do for her, but this time he did ;)

~~~

I always thought her smile was far more natural when she's with Jake, there's more times with others that it's come off as a phony smile, like EP herself isn't really "feeling it" ( I saw a lot of this in season 4 & 5...& 6 for that matter).
    I think it's because JW was a fresh newbie, so what we saw was a very natural, organic chemistry with Emily, it probably didn't feel akward because they didn't know each other well, so it actually takes on a nicer affect in my opinon. Sometimes when your an avid fan such as we are, you can totally see when something appears forced & the actors are just "acting" - I don't ever see that with Cake, there's just a very natural vibe you get with them - that's probably what is so appealing for me.

~~~

Sorry, GNRfan, I don't know the song you're referring to, you may have to google it :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.