Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions P2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Sep 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Here's a thought as to Lindsey's motivation. Remember when she flipped out after her father's death and kept acting out. And she was hitchhiking? :lol: Maybe she was close with Warrick (perhaps Cath's had him over for drinks or something and he got close to Lindsey) and maybe Lindsey saw him as a surrogate father or something. maybe his death has affected her and caused her to act out.

2. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

^^ That makes a lot of sense, and it would be good drama, especially if Lindsey broke down and finally told Cath what was up. Maybe Lindsey's not moving on as fast as Cath is ... who knows.

3. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I saw Catherine and Warricks relationship as friends, good friends. So, I wouldn't say that Lindsey looked to him as a surrogate father, just a good friend of her mother's.

Obviously, Catherine will take Warricks death very, very hard. Maybe Lindsey is 'acting out' as a way to get Catherine's attention? Maybe Catherine is SOOO upset over the death of Warrick that she can't function. Possibly this is Lindsey's way of pulling Catherine out of it?

This could be a really good episode with some mild Cath/Linds drama. I'm wondering how it's all going to go... :D

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Well, I didn't mean to imply that there was more than friendship between Cath and Rick. I only meant that Lindsey may have been attached to him. Sometimes little girls (okay, not so little in her case lol) who lose their fathers at an early age, they get attached to other adults... teachers, parents' friends, other relatives, etc and start to see them as a surrogate for their lost parent. :lol: I sound like Roland on Army Wives haha. I think he gave the same speech to a boy who'd lost his father and got attached to him. :lol: Anyway, I digress... Lindsey may have also had the daydream that her mom and Rick might get together in the future whether that was in their thinking or not... it might have been in Lindsey's. Or she could have just seen Warrick as a surrogate uncle (cause we know she doesn't know her actual uncles on her mom's side since one is dead and the other is in jail for killing him lol).

But, I like your theory too that Lindsey could just be trying to pull Cath out of her funk or get her attention by acting out. That could very well be the case. I think we saw tidbits of this after Eddie died. Though I think Cath was in a funk over that more because she couldn't give him justice by finding out which of the suspects actually killed him, but still... Lindsey probably felt ignored. Cath consumed herself in her work to get past what she was feeling. And this may be how Cath deals with the loss of Rick too, which would bother Lindsey. Especially since Lindsey's a teenager now.

5. sara25

sara25 Hit and Run

9x09-''19 Down''

THOMAS]
    Late 20s to early 30s, an Everyman grad student type, but a bit off, this young man in the W.L.V.U. classroom asks a few questions of the serial killer Nate Haskell...

[DETECTIVE KEN MARTZ]
    In his 30s, a sharp eyed, earnest, youthful Everyman, a Reno police officer, Ken Martz was one of the arresting officers of serial killer Nate Haskell eleven years ago, a collar that made his career. Now a homicide detective who clearly loves his work, Ken brings Greg and Nick to a recent crime scene, the house of Gerald Douglas, who allegedly has some connection with the serial killer of long ago...

[MRS. COHEN]
    50s, this middle class, slightly worn Jewish woman whose son and fiancee were murdered eleven years ago sits in Brass' office with her husband. She is grateful to have back the Star of David that her son was wearing when he was killed, but she and her husband are taken aback to learn that their son's DNA sample, which they gave to the forensics lab when he was killed, has apparently been thrown out...

[RICHIE, DONNIE]
    Late 20s, these two slightly sleazy slackers at the computer software company are playing a video war game when Brass comes to their cubicle to ask about their presence at a recent concert. They're both terrified when Brass bursts in, thinking they're about to be busted for buying their tickets off a scalper...

[PROCESS SERVER]
    Late 20s to mid 30s, this shady looking man in an overcoat approaches Catherine and pulls out a messengered letter, for which she has to sign....

[SILVIA]
    20s, a sexy and pretty grad student, this girl in the W.L.V.U. classroom asks a few questions of the serial killer, Nate Haskell...

[MANAGER]
    30s to 50s, male, this flustered mid-level manager of a computer software company recognizes Brass' photo of two young men as two of his employees...

[STUDENT #1]
    Asian, male, in his 20s, this student at W.L.V.U. asks serial killer Nate Haskell a question...

[Removing Source Name]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2008
  6. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I'm pretty sure, like 99.9% sure, that you cant link to Spoiler TV. At least, I think that's what I heard.

And the whole idea about Lindsay acting out because of Warrick's death is totally possible. It would show that his death rippled outward farther that anyone of them originally thought.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  7. seahawk

seahawk Prime Suspect

Additional info: I just came across this on the site you mentioned, and behind the role name it said "two-episode arc".

This will be Grissom's exit plot, right?
    So maybe the entomologists at WLVU grab him right away when he announces he's leaving :lol:

8. misshelgenberger

misshelgenberger Rookie

I would like to see Lindsey open up to Catherine. Even though she is going through this rebellious fase, maybe becuase of Warrick's death, she could actually then show that she really is hurt and break down to her mother. Or Catherine could be the one to break down to her, and lindsey would actually show her real feelings towards her mother like conforting her and showing her all the support she needs as she knows that Catherine has had a shocking and hard year already. This Cath/lindsey situation could be the start of a closer relationship for them as they realise they have no one but each other.

9. ali319

ali319 Prime Suspect

I just watched the extended promo on the CBS site and it's the first one I've seen that's light enough so that I can really make out what's going on on the screen. One thing that's really interesting ... when Nick is saying "I feel sorry for whoever did this", I was able to pause the video and Grissom is the person he's saying it to ... and Grissom is still wearing the shirt he's wearing in the promo pics (holding Warrick). It's amazing to me how calm Nick is in that scene and then later when he's talking about how Warrick was right about the mole and then again with the comment "let's finish this for him." I'm really starting to think that he is going to be the rock of the team on this one, which will be cool because that's how Grissom referred to Warrick in the past. I hope that's the case and that they use this to help ease Nick into more of a leadership role.

On another note, the notes included in the [.....] for 9x09 sound interesting and makes me think more than ever that maybe they really are wrapping Warrick's story up well before WPs exit.

Ali

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2008
  10. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Heard and Read on page one, where maybe it says the following?
    "Posting a spoiler word for word (or lines as well) is not allowed, we ask that you put it in a short summery of you're own words.
    -Some places preferre that you not link to them for the spoilers and some places like 'sides' & 'SpoilerTv' that you are not allowed to mention or link to please be mindful of this."

sara25, I am giving you a chance to edit your post to put (as stated in the above quoted rule) it in a summery form of your own words. If you decide not to, the entire post will be edited out. If you are unable to edit but wish to write it up and can pm it to me then I can edit and post it in there. Thank you.

11. wlk68

wlk68 Pathologist

Or Nick could be suppressing all his grief and anger and sorrow until...KABLOOEY.... it all comes spewing out in the long awaited, much anticipated Day of Rage. ;)

But seriously, your theory is plausible. If, as spoilers indicate, Nick and Catherine are going to be in charge post-Grissom, he's going to be the one people lean on and look to to set the tone....that means keeping his cool and maintaining focus.

12. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I meant to say can't NOT can :). And Yes. That's what I meant. I was trying to say it in a nice way.:) And I'm assuming that it's two arc because of Grissom departure? Did someone already say this?:confused::shifty:

13. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Well my avi says it all..my theory is Nick is gonna blow!!! KABOOOMM..:scream::alienblush::guffaw:

Either that OR Nick is just gonna be the strongest of all and thus Mr. Leadership Man...

14. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

I think that Nick either breaking down or holding it all in are extremes. Who says he can't have a mini break down, but pull himself together for his team? for Warrick?

I'd rather Nicky have a complete break down, but I highly doubt that. Ah well--I'll settle for the "change in behaviour".

15. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Ep 9x9 19 Down

Nick and Greg work a case of a serial killer. LF's first appearance.

Another Greg spoiler Ep 9x8 Will bring back some of Greg's fascination with old Vegas and show off his unique sense of humor. Sounds like fun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.