Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

I totally agree...What were they thinking???

2. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

I agree with so many other people here about the reasons for being pissed.

Namely, I'm not happy that it seems like it will be Grissom and not Nick that finds Warrick. Grissom was one of the first to leave, so I don't see how he's coming back just to find Warrick. It does not compute. It's just Bad Continuity. Nick was the last one there, he was Warrick's best friend, rival and compatriot for so many years that it would only make sense for him to find Warrick.

With regards to Sara and the GSr stuff: Yeah, I'm a bit annoyed that GSr took over the promo, but it DOES make sense for her to come back. I'd be disappointed if she didn't. She worked with Warrick and the rest of the team for nearly eight years. Not to down with a seeming no questions asked rekindling of the whole GSr, especially because I feel that other characters' development has suffered at the hands of GSr, but Oh Well.

I just think that the writers have really blown this one. I don't know if they want WP to go out with a bang, or what, but it just seems really, really off and OOC for....everyone, IMO.

3. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Here's the spoiler from the other site. I really hate to post this for obvious reasons, but I digress, so you all can see.

It does sound like they changed it so Grissom could find him. I mean, I really don't see Grissom stopping at a newstand to read a magazine. That seems out of character for him and again he can express how he feels about Warrick, but not anyone else on the team. Namely Nick and Greg. If Grissom leaves without saying anything to those two, I will seriously be disappointed at such a cop out.

But the fact that Grissom is standing near by? Don't buy it. If they really wanted him to find Warrick, then he should've been the last one at the diner. Reading a magazine? :rolleyes:

4. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

All I can say is...too much GSR--

LF cannot come fast enough to this show..

5. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

I think I want to vomit now. Shame there's no Vomitting smiley on this board. :scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

I so totally agree on all your points there. Completely OOC, completely contrived to give Petersen a shot at an Emmy, which he probably won't get. Part of the charm of Grissom was his non-demonstrativeness, for lack of a better word. He CAN'T be emotional, or wear his heart on his sleeve or declare his love for Sara (except when it's convenient to a plot point) or anything like that. It was interesting to see that play out over the years. I just don't see him weeping over Warrick or talking to Sara about his feelings for him. That's why, frankly, it smells. Worse than Rotten Eggs.

6. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

In my previous post, I was willing to give TPTB the benefit of the doubt, and wait for the premiere. But if what is in the above spoiler is any indication, then I think you're right on the money about the emmy thing, Shytownmofo. You know, I'm getting confused; WP wants to leave or he doesn't? He talks a good game, but instead of backing out, he apparently wants all the action. Going supernova is his departure plan? That's going to make it harder for the show to keep going after he leaves. If he backs away slowly, that would allow others to pick up the slack so that when he's totally gone, continuity will have been established. It must be really tough being an actor, fighting your ego on the one hand while, on the other hand, wanting the show to continue being successful after you leave.

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

So what is gonna happen with Nicky? He comes out of the diner to see Grissom holding his best friend's lifeless body and then Nicky says "oh my god"?

If Grissom is really the one that finds Warrick, then I hope we at least get a scene where Nicky has a nightmare that he's the one to find Warrick and that he gets to be the one to last speak to Warrick before he dies.

But, at least it sounds like the last face Warrick sees is a friendly one and not McKeen.

8. Nicksfriend

Now you guys know why I was so upset...I read these spoilers and I almost took a head spin.....the evidence looks too contrived...it is not a good thing...also if you go to this indivdual's site you will find one more piece of information....there is a reunion right after the hand holding scene which she even called cheesy and a 'let's do this for the old giper' speech from Nicky in which she even thought should be left out...it seemed also cheesy....Why would they do this to the fans????

The first ten episodes will be an Emmy drive looks to me for WP!

9. ali319

ali319 Prime Suspect

The part of all of this that doesn't add up for me is McKeen calling in an officer down. Why? He of all people would know that the faster people got to the scene, the more evidence they'd likely find (not that he seems to have left anything, but still ...) And did he bring a disposable cell, paid for with cash, just for the occasion? Otherwise, there's a record of the call.

I totally respect those of you who want Nick to find Warrick, but CSI reruns on SPIKE are my wind-down after my kids are in bed, so I've been watching the old epis a lot and I do think Warrick and Grissom have a strong bond between them. It's not a "buddy" relationship like the one he has with Nick, but I personally think the writers and actors have shown over time that Grissom is very proud and protective of Warrick. I'm not saying Gris should find him - as I've said before, the fact that Warrick is going to die pretty much overshadows whatever interaction happens before, but I know that's just me :) On the other hand, I don't think Grissom finding him is at all out of left field.

Ali

10. thebarracuda

thebarracuda Victim

Ali I totally agree with you here about Grissom being close to Warrick. I'm not sure where all this Grissom/WP bashing is coming from but the new spoilers totally make sense to me. McKeen calling in officer down. Perfect sense. As he told Warrick before he shot him McKeen had come to have breakfast with the group. So this gives him a perfect alibi and so if somebody saw him in the vicinity of the shooting he's called it in and he was there for a reason. So that is logical. As for Grissom stopping for a magazine I'm not sure why that's OOC. Grissom reads and knows alot about so many different things. As for rewriting the scene from having Nick find Warrick to Grissom. I dont think it was rewritten. I think the earlier spoilers were just in error and i think Nick was left in the diner so that he joins Grissom in the alley to find Warrick. The scene makes sense as posted in the spoiler above. Everyone continues to say over and over again how Warrick and Nick are best buds so its illogical for Grissom to find him and while that is a plot device for Nick's future angst over this it's not necessarily a drive to Nick being the only logical one to find Warrick. Why not Catherine for example. She was hot for Warrick to be sure. People have alot of reasons for lingering behind and frankly not that much time had passed between the time that the team began to leave and Warrick was shot.

I also dont think its particularly fair to bash William Petersen for being the lead actor in the show and playing some intense scenes before departing. He's never really been concerned about awards. I think he just wants the show to be good and the season looks to be well written and intense.

11. Nicksfriend

See I don't think it as bashing but people being able to voice their frustration over the initial spoilers, Nick Stokes finds Warrick's body slumped over the steering wheel of his car.

It is what it is....
    call it what you want but everybody has an opinion....and I won't bash you for yours, though I do agree with so many here...we are all entitled to what we believe...the one reason I joined this site yesterday was because it wasn't a totally GSR or WP driven board, a place where everybody can have an opinion without feeling that you are in a minority,more equal than the others.

See I like all the characters and when I write my little fanfics, I know I can't just focus on one, it is a team, whether we like it or not....so yes in frustration I make my comments but at the end of the day...I will still watch the show and I will still write CSI fanfic...it is just so nice to be able to come here and vent....it felt good and I'm sure I will vent again!

12. ilovegrissom

ilovegrissom Hit and Run

Well, that's not really fair is it? I like all the characters and everytime one them gets an episode or scene to shine is great. I particularly liked Gumdrops for Nick and Weeping Willows for Catherine. My point is that i think this is a great show. Obviously everyone here agrees with that. So the writers and all actors have done a great job these last 8 years to make sure that it is still fresh and vibrant. But i don't care that Grissom finds Warrick because they have a close connection and we will get a wonderful performance out of everyone. I'm just wondering exactly how much of Warrick they are actually showing.

13. Nicksfriend

But if you listen to the commentary on the DVD...Gumdrops was suppose to be a Grissom and Sara centered episode but unfortunately something personal occurred in Peterson's life and it was changed for Nick (george eads)...it was suppose to a shower scene with Grissom and Sara and he left his room because Gregg was snoring and went to Sara's....IT WAS only by accident that Gumdrops became one of my favorites...and George did an excellent job...I think it's time we start focusing on Catherine, Gregg,Nick and Brass...they actually still want to be on the show.....they want it to work...it will not be the same but I am hoping it will be better, and please no more relationships of the GSR genre.

14. ali319

ali319 Prime Suspect

Sorry for posting 2 in a row ... I accidentally double-posted the response below and don't know how to get rid of the extra post!

Ali

15. ali319

ali319 Prime Suspect

One thing I've been wondering, though ... where did this spoiler come from? I mean, in looking at some of the spoiler sites, I've seen all sorts of stuff. I've come to the conclusion that anyone could pretty much post *anything* as a spoiler and it would eventually make its way onto other sites. I know we've had some info from CM and NS about general storylines coming up, but other than that it's all just stuff that various sources - some credible, some certainly not - are tossing out there. I'm not sure that the writers have done a 180 ... maybe they never intended for Nick to find him. Or maybe they did ... and maybe he will ... I'm still not convinced this scenario that's been posted is the real deal, even if it is reported to be from an official source.

Ali

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.