Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S_Bright

S_Bright Police Officer

Well, it hasn't been an ensamble show since it turned into the GSR show. I'm not surprised. Of course they won't let Nick find Warrick! That would be logical and logic has escaped TPTB a long time ago. It was totally buried with the MCSK-case. So why would they bother using logic now? They'll go for the sappy romance, with Gil Grissom, the personalty-transplanted, gone hysterical and girlfriend runs to console him.

I haven't recognized Gil Grissom since the atrocious cancer-speech at the end of S6. That was not a scientist speaking, no way.

No, it's rather clear that the first 10 eps will be a continuous hail to the GSR and nothing else. Logic? Who wants that when we can have romance? *cackles hysterically*

I just don't understand how TPTB expects viewers to turn back when they've first chased them away with this sad romance on a crime-show that used to be rather intelligent? A romance involving the need to utterly re-write one of the lead characters? Makes no sense.

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Thank you back:thumbsup: so many negative remarks scary:cardie:.. and on how many or which one, I think so far they've filmed~
    "For Warrick"
    "The Happy Place"
    "Art Imitates Life"
    "Scales"

So next it would be "Of Human Bondage"

And they might change the names as they often do but here's a complete list for those interested!

http://epguides.com/CSI/

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Honestly that while I think that Nick should be the one to find Warrick due to how close they are, I wouldn't have minded someone else finding him IF they were the ones that had stayed behind at the diner. Grissom left first if I recall. It just seems ludicrous to me that he would find Warrick before Nick who is right there nearby. That's the only thing that really bothers me. The illogical aspect of someone else finding him given that Nick is right there. It's not really about the character part, but the fact that this is supposed to be a realistic show... and Grissom finding Warrick before Nick when Nick is right there and Grissom had left first (regardless of him stopping to get a newspaper and hearing the police radio) is just dumb to me. I would expect this on Miami, but not Vegas. This is supposed to be the more realistic of the three shows. But, the fact that someone else who had already left finds Warrick when Nick's right there nearby is by far one of the most unrealistic things that has happened on this show in years. It just really bugs me.

If all of them had already left the diner, then it wouldn't bother me who found Warrick. But the fact that they left Nick there (and there has to be more of a reason than the waitress) seems to say that he was left there for a reason which (if the writers were smart and wrote logically) would be to find Warrick. Why else leave him there when everyone else has left? I just don't get that.

4. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

You would think, wouldn't you? Seeing as how if Warrick survived, he would tell the authorities who shot him and whatnot.

I'm starting to think that maybe, just possibly, TPTB are messing with us. I don't know. Or maybe they have a lot of hidden surprises (as another poster said) up their sleeves.

So the spoiler is that Grissom stops for a traveler's newspaper or something and then hears the call about an officer down? Doesn't that sound a little too convenient? Okay, I'll admit that Nick sticking around to talk to the waitress is convenient too, but I'm an eensy weensy bit biased.

Okay, more like a lot, but oh well.

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Greg (who was supposedly on his way to the airport if I recall) remembers that he left his phone at the diner and heads there to get it and he ends up finding Warrick. :lol:

6. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

^^ :lol: Now that'd be one heck of a twist!

I personally was a fan of the hobos finding Warrick myself. That scenario made me laugh out loud.

7. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Yes, but it's something we've invested 8 years in, even more when you count the times we've watched the reruns and our DVDs and capped episodes and spent countless hours discussing it here.

It's more than a show to us. We've come to love and know these characters, better than any of the writers, I think, because we've been there consistently.

Isn't that always the way they do it tho? Let Nick be the one who dunders around and misses being able to stop what happened or help Warrick and then spend the rest of the season feeling guilty over it. C'mon, let him be able to help and feel like he did his best.

8. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

The reason why I'm upset about the whole situation is because:

1) I know that spoilers change and everything, but they have been leading us on ALL summer that Nick would be the one to find him. So, us Nick fans were looking forward to an angsty, well acted, piece of work from him. But alas, we were let down.

and 2) it's just so typical to pull a fast one like this. Grissom/WP has had more than his fair share of the lime-light. Don't get me wrong. I don't mind Grissom, but come on. It's a little ridiculous.

9. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

I have to say, I had hoped Nick would be the one to find Warrick since we all assumed that all along, but I'm not heartbroken it will not be him. As someone above offered; it'd be almost more torturous for Nick to know he was the one not there. It reminds me of how Warrick felt in "Grave Danger" holding the coin that fated one of them to meet a madman bent on scarring/killing a CSI in a fit of misdirected aggression and a deep desire for revenge.

Think about this, though, Nick will be around after Grissom has gone. They have ten episodes to fill with Grissom's motivations for leaving before we get there. I saw an interview with Jorja Fox recently where she spoke about how there were a lot of Sara-heavy episodes leading up to her departure. Her reaction was not what you might think, but I think there is a need there to build Grissom's absence up, because after that, he will not be a weekly part of the series.

To me and my husband, Gil is the center of the show, and always has been. Sara to me is the heart, shared with Nick, who embodies compassion. Catherine possesses the spirit to overcome all obstacles, while Warrick represented choices and repercussions. Greg, to me, represents potential. They're all part of this beautiful show, and losing even one was devastating, but after WP's last episode, the show will be short three parts of itself. Perhaps it can survive the loss, perhaps it cannot, but so long as TPTB do not get careless with cast bloat, this change gives the remaining characters new opportunities to shine.

Perhaps I'm thinking a little too far into the future, but though I'm a bit disappointed it will not be Nick there (because, like many of you, that's what I expected), I'm curious to see where it all goes.

10. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

Well put, Alyssa. After my initial irritation with promo editing, I'm willing to wait and see.

11. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Yes, Alyssa thank's for a a positive review of the whole cast, and their integral part of this show> plus pulling this thread up to a positive level! I love Billy Petersen with all my heart:thumbsup: he's magnificent, and one of the best actors ever.. and also Jorja Fox and Gary Dourdan, I and will be so lost without their interaction within the show, & their compadres, and your right we'll see if it does survive without these 3 missing, part of the heart of CSI will be gone:(

Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  12. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Very well put Alyssa. I particularly like the Grave Danger analogy. I think many of us react too quickly to supposed spoilers when often they are incorrect. CSI always tries to stear us in the wrong direction. And to me that spoiler is suspect: who calls 'officer down'? I still think because we haven't seen Nick in the promo with Warrick is more telling than not.

Regardless of who finds Warrick, Nick will have his angsty scene.
    Maybe Nick will pull himself together better than Grissom and we will see a strong, determined Nick avenging his friend. And I do disagree about the comments that Nick has not been given his due. Since Gumdrops he has been given leading parts and lots of screen time. And he will be second in command this coming season, so he will be in the spotlight even more.

I'm more worried about Greg. I want more Greggo moments!

13. Toots

Toots Pathologist

To my mind, there is only one reason and one reason only why the writers would change the scene so that Grissom finds Warrick instead of Nick, and that is so we can have a scene where he calls Sara back and they have an ookie moment, and an excuse to show them in bed together. I'm positive that's the reason, even though of course I have no proof. It's a damned shame because Warrick and Nick were best buds, and it would have been so much more shocking for Nick to find him. I love Grissom, but that just ain't right.

14. GSRLUVER

GSRLUVER Lab Technician

I too would like Nick to find Warrick, but as many have said, there are a lot of ways they could spin it. An idea I posted before about Nick initially finding Warrick, but is in shock, and that's why Grissom has to intervene, could still work.

I'm also very invested in these characters, even though it's just a tv show, but remember that tv shows want to create controversy because it boosts ratings. They use every trick in the book from foilers to staged promo shots to manipulated tv promos.

Think about it...we are actually helping and gratifying TPTB through arguing over who finds Warrick, GSR, and the new characters. I'm not saying it's bad to have differing opinions though because although I do get a little ticked now and then from being apart of this fan board, TalkCSI would be very boring if we all agreed on everything. It's an interesting concept because just like it is with celebrities and movies, tv shows want to create a stir.

15. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

Exactly! Instead of building the exit of a great actor maybe they should focus on the ones who did not quit the show...each had their choice of leaving, nobody kicked them to the curb. Now is the time to endear the audience to the new leaders instead of ignoring them and expect them to carry on when the others are gone (Again their choice)...Nick not finding Warrick I think is an error and one they will look back on and regret!

Why make your new leaders look like complete fools...or at least,a little less dramatic, like they are incapable of carrying on what Grissom is leaving behind....a job that will require both Catherine and Nick as it required Grissom and Catherine.

Yes, it is just a show and they are just characters but just as with any great book we became involved somewhere along the way, attached to certain qualities in each character that evidently made us care about them and the show...I care.... and that is not a crime.....and yes I can feel disappointed that the writers don't see that it would of been better not to lead us along all summer in thinking that Nick would find Warrick...getting our hopes up to just be dropped and let down...It hurts a lot! I really do wish they wouldn't put out false spoilers or false hopes...it just doesn't feel fair...I guess I just hate being let down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.