Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebarracuda

thebarracuda Victim

Well it is bashing when people say the only reason its written like this is because all WP wants is an emmy. I'm afraid that all the boards lately have become a bit more narrowly focussed on individual characters. I love Nick but some of the nick sites have become so anti-Grissom that it is hard to read them anymore. I have never been a fan of GSR but I still like to read YTDAW. But then they bash WP for bringing back Lady Heather.

My only issue with the difference of opinion is that some of the attacks on WP the actor have become pretty personal. We all have ways we'd like things to be written and there will be people who don't like this particular version of things while there are others that will be delighted. The Catherine people I suspect would like her to find Warrick. Everybody's favorite character will get their place in the sun regarding the upcoming angst and grief.

2. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

Well, I agree there should be no personal attacks and what I am saying is that it's not WP who wants the emmy but the writers possibly seeing it as their final opportunity to give their actor of eight years that final shot at one. We do know that Mendlesjohn (sp) and Peterson have a close friendship and why would she not want that for her friend but then why would she mess with the continuity of the show...yes, Warrick is the Rock of Grissom's team but if they wanted an emotional and heart ripping moment then the man of angst should be at Warrick's side and that is Nick....Catherine had been beside two men as they died,possible three if you count Eddie, so it would be a rerun of her emotions...but Nick would be new,it would show us what man love is all about!!!!!! Seeing the love between these two characters is a real turn on for me...I love the man love, brotherly love and they are real friends in life as well, it would be tremendous!!!! But looks like an opportunity lost!

3. PiperGrissom

PiperGrissom Police Officer

AMEN, COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER!!
    I have chosen, recently, to NOT post spoilers on my wiki due to the often wrong items given out and posted by "insiders" that have (from my exprience), been totally wrong.

4. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

^^ I really would be okay with that. We don't know that Nick doesn't come outside at one point and finds Warrick and Grissom. The more I think about it, the more I like it. Especially if Warrick died without Nick getting to say good bye ... angsty!Nick time.

^^ Hm. I don't know. I'm not a fan of Grissom finding Warrick, but I guess that we'll have to live with it anyways, if this source is to be believed.

While I'm watching the episode I probably won't be thinking about how it could've gone or what should've happened, I'll be too engrossed in how the episode is actually playing out. Afterwards might be a different story, but who knows? I might actually think that "For Warrick" was amazing and my favorite episode. I'm actually already thinking that it'll be my favorite epi, no matter who finds Warrick. I love drama. xD

^^ I really do hope all the characters get their moment like this.

5. forza juve

forza juve Hit and Run

You know the more and more I think about the whole Nick/Grissom finding Warrick debate the more I think Nick will be the one to find him.
    Think about it.If TPTB keep putting spoilers out that it's Grissom the more they get debate, the more get debates starting the more interest in the episode they get and that will give ratings a boost. I also think that this is a good thing because let's face it. Warrick dying in Nicks arms will give us some of the nost emotional scenes of csi ever. They just don't want to spoil it for us. Come the time the episode airs forget cry me a river it will be cry me an ocean. If they play their cards right they'll be on to a winner.

I also think anything less than Nick finding Warrick is just plain stupid. I think the spoiler said that Grissom heard about it on the radio. He did not hear the shots. So unless TPTB are telling us that grissom has all of a sudden aquired the abilities of Schumacher in a formula 1 car and the sprint abilities of Bolt running the 100 metre sprint at the olympics. Nick would get there first. Unless grissom is now super human and Nick super stupid. Would not surprise if that's what they do think of Nick.

Anyway thats what I think. I'm the eternal optimist.

6. thebarracuda

thebarracuda Victim

bwahahaha. see Catherine us uber experienced in angst and men dying. Gad I tell you what though I'm glad the focus is on anybody but Catherine. She has certainly had more than her share of dramatic/emotional moments.

7. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

Bless her heart.:)

8. ufgator

ufgator Victim

I know this is supposed to be about Season 9 spoilers but I'll just make note of the fact that we all know things tend to be in a state of flux on the set. Something that looks good when it's written might not work out once the scene is acted out. Perhaps, initially, Nick was supposed to find Warrick. Maybe it was meant to be Grissom all along and "fake" spoilers were released. Maybe once they reviewed it, Nick finding Warrick didn't work for what they needed from the scene. Who knows? Not me for sure since I wasn't there when they filmed it.

As for William Petersen, these first ten episodes are his last as a regular and since they are Grissom's exit arc, they will focus on him. I'm sure we will see Warrick's death deeply affecting everyone and I fully expect Nick to step up and grab the reins here. I remember the wonderful job he did of rallying everyone when Keppler was pulling his "reverse forensics" manuever. I also think we won't just skim over the effect it will have on Nick this time.

I think we also need to remember a lot of things such as screen time are negotiated into contracts. I don't see WP as giving a rat's a** about an Emmy. He has said numerous times that he will miss his "brothers and sisters" on the set once he goes.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  9. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I'm going to step in here and ask ....what about Catherine?
    It seems that the discussion has been going on as to whether Grissom or Nick finds Warricks body.

My preference is that Nicky find him, but apperantly that's not the way the writers want to go. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

My concern here is what about Catherine? She's been through a HELL of a lot over the past couple of years.
    Is she going to need counciling? (my guess would be YES) Is she going to struggle with her new supervisor role after Grissom leaves? Again probably knowing Catherine and her strong-yet-sometimes-to-emotional ways.

She is one of my favorites and I hate to see anything happen to her again. The death of her friend Warrick is going to be very tramatic for her. I'm hoping TPTB give her a storyline to help her deal with this tragedy.

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

No, that's not what people were saying. We're saying that the reason its illogical for Grissom to find him is because he left the diner first and Nick's still there. Big difference. Nick's friendship with Warrick is a reason people want Nick to be the one to find him, but that's not why it's illogical that he doesn't. It's illogical because of the placement of the characters in the Season finale.

That makes me think of that song from the Scrubs musical (even though I only saw that scene on Showbiz Tonight) "Guy Love". :lol:

There was a spoiler that said they all have to get counseling, though it didn't mention Cath or Nick, but I'm sure they'd need it more than the others seeing as to how they were closer to Rick. As for Catherine getting a storyline, there have been spoilers that say that she finds her daughter Lindsey dancing at some adult club or something. So, I'm sure that'll give her something to do. :lol: That Lindsey... always in trouble. :lol:

Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  11. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Perfectly put.

I suppose things could change and they needed to re-write it (what could change, I have no idea besides the obvious). As someone mentioned, Gum Drops was supposed to be Grissom, and it turned out so much better as an episode for Nick (in my opinion). It's hard to imagine that they meant it any other way.

But without putting our own wishes and spins on it, it might turn out okay. We KNOW each character is going to have their moment.

Okay, I'm finished trying to convince myself. I'm still sick over it tho.

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

If Grissom is the one to find him, I just hope they at least let Nicky come out of the diner and find them before Warrick dies. Maybe Grissom holding Warrick in his arms and Nicky holding Warrick's hand as he takes his last breath. And people have said that it looks like Grissom is looking up at someone in the spoiler pics. Maybe it's Nick.

13. xialemar

xialemar Victim

If Warrick is still conscious during the time he was found or prior, I wonder if maybe, just maybe he leaves something of a clue of his assassin that will help his csi team to start of the case. Just like on Holly case.... really should try hard to leave any evidence until his last breath.
    I believe his death will not go in vain, they are great CSI's, they would uncover the truth later on. But i have yet to ask for how long are they going to play it out?

This waiting adds more gray hair as days passed. How many days left?

14. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

Given the epi descriptions out there, the resolution of Warrick's death will last until at least epi 10.
    I don't understand the argument that WP is leaving, so all the epis leading up to it have to be centered on Grissom. As much as we all enjoy Grissom, the tv series CSI is a business; the question is this: does CBS want the immediate gratification of drawing audiences for 10 episodes, or do they have Grissom fade out gradually to ensure continuity so the fans remain for however long TPTB hope to keep the show going? If the former, does this mean TPTB believe that, no matter who joins the cast or what they do, the show will jump the shark when Grissom leaves? TPTB have me very worried at this point because I feel the departure of a single actor in this ensemble (yes, even TPTB consider it that) shouldn't doom the show; that is, unless the show runners, writers, etc. have already given up on it. Hopefully, the major financial investment in hiring LF indicates I'm wrong in my fears for the show's future.

15. ilovegrissom

ilovegrissom Hit and Run

I would definately LOVE to see more of Brass. He always makes me laugh, but i doubt that will happen because he isn't a csi. Plus, does anyone know what Lindsay's role is is the crime that she becomes entagled in?!! I'm dying to know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.