Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jupiter63

jupiter63 Civilian

I'm having a logic problem here too. Grissom and Greg left one behind the other. Grissom was headed home, Greg to the airport. Catherine was a little after them, no word where she was headed. Warrick left next, Nick stayed behind with the waitress. For me, I don't mind if Nick is with the waitress and doesn't hear or doesn't realize what's going on or just doesn't get there first, he'll have great scenes later, but next logical is still Catherine not Grissom. I'm assuming/hoping it will play out better than it sounds but reading it, it sounds contrived for a Grissom Moment. This also doesn't really compare to me to Grave Danger and Dead Doll because in both of those the whole team was looking for Nick and Sara.

I've never really thought of this show as an ensemble exactly, but until last season it was always Grissom and Catherine equally with the rest of the team equal behind them. Last season I don't know what the actual screentime numbers were but the dynamic shift I felt was a shift away from Grissom/Catherine as the dual show leaders to Grissom as the central character. But that could just be a perception thing for me.

2. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

From a strictly screenwriting perspective, if one member of an established team that has coexisted on television for over eight years is terminated in a violent way, all others who are living should convene to commiserate and comfort one another. It would make no sense to me, regardless of if said people are romantically involved with others winthin the show, for any one of the people to be missing unless they parted on bad terms.

If we erase Grissom entirely from this equation: Sara would still be there. She was a friend to Warrick and Nick and Greg and Catherine. She would be there to comfort them after the shooting of their friend. She's just that type of person. So, personally, I believe she would return regardless of her romantic entanglements.

3. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I really get annoyed when someone does 'it's a show' particularly when it's clear that their favourite character is Grissom because it's easy to go along with the writers when they focus on your favourite character, but not easy when your favourite character is not the star of the show and yo have to sit there and accept whatever crumbs your character gets in terms of screen time.

So you may ask, why don't you like the star then? One doesn't have control over which character becomes your favourite you just gravitate to certain elements of the personality and the actor's ability to present them.

So the writers have dropped the ball on this one and it's a shame. It really is. I hope the spoilers are wrong, but it doesn't sound like it. It should have been Nick.

Nick did find Sara in the first episode of season, but a GSR moment soon materialized so it didn't matter.

But given the fact that the writers are simply going to try and help Billy win an Emmy it just means that those of us who are fans of the "minor" characters as the BP fans like to reminds us, then we've got to accept it and move on to shows like FLASH POINT-REAL TEAM DRAMA, GSR FREE!!!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  4. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

Yeah but I bet she wouldn't have promo shots of her and NicK in bed together or Gregg and her in bed together...it's all about the numbers, the ratings, not continuity....I am evidently not a GSR person but I am also not anti-GSR person...but I am about continuity...Warrick and Nick have been friends from the beginning..best friends....their communication with each other has been the best....I guess I would want the last words spoken from Warrick to be to his best friend...not his boss.I really think it would have been a better moment than a forced moment.

5. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Yes, Warrick for sure have been best buddies with Nick always, but Grissom was his mentor, and saved his butt many times, putting his own job on the line, In "For Gedda" who found the evidence that proved Warrick didn't commit this crime Grissom, who save his job when Ecklie want to take his badge..Grissom, and so many other incidents, Grissom so deeply cares about him as well, and Warrick was always so appreciative, and so admired and had great respect for Grissom, & adores him in "Mea Culpea" the heart-warming last chat between them in the diner, when the team was split up. They all had a integral part of his life. The whole team will be devastated and freaked out, and I still think Nick is the one who finds him!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  6. thebarracuda

thebarracuda Victim

People do get attached to certain characters and sometimes feel personally betrayed when that character doesn't get the attention believed due. Even Hodges has his fans (gotta admit I do like hodges and his manlove for grissom). With the season opener I think it is very possible that the early spoilers with Nick finding Warrick were just wrong. I don't think the writers changed it. I think the early spoilers are wrong and so some people are angry because the "new" opener has Grissom finding Warrick. I also believe that we really don't know how this is going to happen. Its deliberately confusing but boy have they got some good hype to go into the new season with at this point.

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

But, they could fix all of this with a compromise. Have Grissom return to the diner just as Nick is walking out. Nick walks up to Grissom and says "I thought you left". Grissom tells him about the police call and they both find Warrick together. :)

8. alice955

alice955 Victim

people, enough of the negative comments, we are like the most not unified fans. its csi, we all love csi, so lets stop bashing the writers, actors, and executives that brought us here together in the first place.
    lets get this straight, all we have seen so far is 30 seconds clip, it doesnt tell us everything! so dont go and say this or that is not logical, or why did they do this when we dont even know how it came to be, or is it really they way it looks to be, i mean, havent we seen promos manipulate audiences many times already?

i do not think the writers decided to give grissom a sudden supersonic hearing and make nick deaf in the seconds the shots are being fired; if so many of us have noticed it is so obviously illogical, wouldnt you think the writers would notice too?given that they do this for a living?there are many ways in which why grissom came back or why nick didnt hear it, i dont know how, but i know the writers will make it something more logical than what some of you seem to think. maybe it's as simple as he forgot his stuff or he called warrick for something but he didnt answer.

yes, its always nice to see the best buddies bond if one of them is dying, but is it realistic?is the person that should be there at another's last breath always the one that's there? i dont see much complaints when it was nick who found sara instead of grissom. this scenario might be a device to give nick more to react to, like his guilt and regret for not being there, which, for nick fans, would just give him a richer storyline and more screen time.

i guess what im saying is, we dont know much at the moment, so stop bashing the show you love on things that may not even be true!

9. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

^True, but I'd happier if they ship the GSR writers off to Bold and the Beautiful or Young and the Restless if they want romance..

10. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

I don't think it is as much bashing as it is venting our feelings for the show that we all evidently love so much...or we wouldn't be so emotional....Right???

I tend to believe the new spoilers from the demo tape seen by TV critics for the first episode....if you haven't read them then I understand why you feel the way you do but I have and have vented my feelings....I no like!

I guess I will watch but I will definitely feel really bitter(which is norma since I feel Nick should find his friend)....I'm sure I will get over it but that is the thing with a great show...we are involved...it makes us feel something...we have our opinions and isn't that what a great show should do...challenge us to do more than to sit and stare at a tv screen with drool running down our chins....Should we not get excited about the things we like and angry at the things we don't as long as we don't throw anything or hurt anybody.

It's been a long time since I felt this passionate about a television show...the last was the xfiles... and I really loved that show and did not like the Scully-Mulder relationship...but I still watched and still loved the show!

11. Toots

Toots Pathologist

I was commenting on a legitimate spoiler. Perfectly acceptable.

12. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

That's not what I was commenting on, but ok. I was just commenting on the logistics of someone coming back for the wake of a friend... Not about the promo. Sorry if something got misconstrued in the meaning, but I'm trying hard to just be objective and not engage in any sort of aggressive behaviour. I was merely commenting on why I thought it logically made sense for Sara to return regardless of romantic attachments... I don't know what the promo people would choose to show in that case and really do not care THAT much... I just wanted to offer an opinion on the return of a character....

13. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I will keep my fingers cross that Nick will find Warrick instead of Grissom. Warrick is always Grissom's favorite. When I was watch first season, I will said Grissom is upset that Nick got the level 3, not Warrick, I'm hope I'm wrong.

I can't remember, I don't think they show the promos and tv show the same thing. Like I said, I still said, Nick will find Warrick. Grissom left first before Greg and Catherine.

14. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I just hope they don't show Nick still drooling over the waitress like a hang dog while his best friend is bleeding to death in an alley-that would so convince that TPTB are out to lunch.

15. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

This seriously makes me sick, the description of Grissom at a newstand, the call on the radio, going to the alley. How contrived can you get? You KNOW they didn't plan this when they ended last season. It was totally set up for Nick to find Warrick, and now that Grissom needs a swan song they have revised it to the point of ridiculousness.

The only hope is that the reviewer said unless they're pulling a fast one and revise it again...so maybe. But I think that ship has sailed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.