Petersen, Fox, Dourdan Leave, Larry Fishburne In *No Spoilers* Closed

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by addictedtoSpeed, Jul 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Re: Petersen Leaving! Who Gets Grissoms Position?

As you will notice a few things have been done. First I merged the "Petersen leaving CSI for good" and "Who will fill Grissoms Position?" and I have changed the name to reflect both threads. It was confusing alot of people hold similar conversations on the same subject, and trying to find what goes in which thread. Therefore we have just eliminated the confusion. :)

2. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I'm quite excited about the prospect Laurence Fishbourne coming on board and hope he does.

He's AN EXCELLENT ACTOR. I think he will definitely give the show a REAL ZIP! Something it desperately needs right now given what the TPTB have done to it with ....storylines that I shall not mention for fear of being flamed!!!

3. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Yeah LF is a rather amazing actor.

I just have fears of once again, the other characters( Nick, Catherine, Greg) being pushed to the back burner because TPTB want the ratings they had Pre Grey's Anatomy, so the hype it by putting an A-List actor on the roster.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed though, because LF could be a great addition to the show. :)

4. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

I'm not sure about Fishburne, myself. I know he's a great actor, I'm just not sure he'll be right....I'm hoping they'll go with an unknown actor.

The thing about the show's ratings, if they do compelling storylines, and do them right, with continuity, then there shouldn't be a problem.

I do agree that they should concentrate on the main cast members they have left from the beginning of the show. There are some good actors in the cast left. Yes, Petersen/Grissom leaving will leave a void, but so long as they don't try to just fill his shoes with a similar character. They should bring in someone who has a totally different personality. And things should not be roses at first. Sort of like they did with the Keppler character. He was totally different, and he had troulble integrating at first, but he eventually managed.

BTW, Don't be afraid of certain posters acting crazy. That's their problem, and that's what the mods are for.

5. cjack_87

cjack_87 Dead on Arrival

no please not LF... he wouldnt be good for the part.... Michael Keaton now thats interesting and i kind of like that idea... so in my mind id have either Peter Gallagher or Michael Keaton...... who said tommy lee jones??? now come on as good an actor he is he is far too old... we need an injection of youth (well someone in thier late 30s, 40s or ealy 50s) to take the lead just to guarantee a decent amount of seasons and story lines with the new lead.

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

See, that's my issue too. He is a magnificent actor, but I just can't see him fitting in on CSI. I don't know if I'd say they should go with an unknown actor though. They're trying to bring in more viewers, so they'll need to go with an actor who is at the least known in some circles. Even if it's not an A-list actor.

I personally think there should be a woman in charge though cause it would be different from the other shows. I mean, Miami is the only show with a woman ME. So, why can't Vegas has a woman boss? If they don't want it to be Cath (which it really should be if you ask me), then they could get an actress who has a very comanding presence and a fairly big fan base in a certain circle.

7. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Peter Gallagher? As in the father from the OC?!:p

Sorry! I'm not a fan at all. And plus, I think we have enough OC Alumni( Melinda Clarke) on the show, no offense.:shifty:

I'm thinking LF would be a good replacement. He's the type of actor, I believe, who knows how to reign it in, that way he doesn't overshadow anyone. The only problem I have is that I can't see him as a CSI. I just can't :(.

Michael Keaton...Maybe. I'm not feeling him either but I can see him in the lab easier than LF.

But If I was looking at it from a marketing postiton, I would put LF in for the role. Not bringing race into the situation, but they just lost a lead African-American Male when GD left. Why not bring in another? Does anyone know what I mean? PLEASE don't kill me:)

8. cjack_87

cjack_87 Dead on Arrival

sorry kimbo08 i just cant see LF going from hollywood blockbusters to a tv series and besides for me he is always going to be morpheus and we cant have that overshaddowing around the csi... if an african american male is wanted what about the former president from 24 (i forgot his name lol) melinda clarke has been re-occuring as lady heather but i do feel peter gallagher would be good in the role in my opinion anyway....

9. GregNickRyanFan

Yeah, I can't see LF as a CSI either. Maybe he could be the new Undersherrif though. :) I actually could kind of see Morgan Freeman as the boss though. Or maybe even Danny Glover.

10. cjack_87

cjack_87 Dead on Arrival

you mean someome like carrie ann moss lol.... i know cath has worked hard for it and she was in charge even when keppler was there but i just dont think it should be her as much as i do love cath....

11. cjack_87

cjack_87 Dead on Arrival

they are too old GregNickRyanFan.... you need someone who is at leas late 30's to mid 50's i mean freeman is 70+ and glover must be past 60 now a bit too old for all the running and physical stuff.... have you seen romeo must die coz the dad from that movie would be good i think his name is delroy lindo or something lol

12. GregNickRyanFan

No, someone more well-known. Someone who is just 40, but could pass for mid thirties. :) But, someone who would bring in a huge new fanbase.

Grissom told Sofia in "No Humans Involved" (Season 5) "You know, criminalists aren't supposed to chase the suspect, that's the cop's job." She was of course chasing the evidence, not the suspect though. :lol: I know Nick has chased suspects before, but he's got a good excuse. He used to be a cop. :lol: It's just kind of instinct for him. :lol: But, there are plenty of 60+ people who are in good shape, some much better shape than some 30 or 40 years olds.

I don't think anyone under 40 should be in charge, personally. I mean, I don't want them to hire some underwear model hottie or anything... or anyone just for the hot factor. Luckily, it doesn't seem like they are going that way. I think the person they make in charge should at least be older than the rest of the CSIs... or at the very least be around Cath's age like Grissom is. They aren't that far apart in age I don't think.

However, out of the three choices the producers were considering Malkovich, Fishburne and Kurt Russell, if I had to choose one of them, my pick would be Kurt Russell, hands down. I could see him fitting in with the rest of the cast much better than the other two.

How about Charles Shaughnessy? He's only about 53. And it might be cool to have someone with a British accent on the show. :lol: I could see him fitting in with the cast too. John Shea is another good one. :lol:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
  13. cjack_87

cjack_87 Dead on Arrival

definately out of the 3 choices there i would definately love kurt russel... he was in my ffav film of all time BIG trouble in little china that film rocks... and if u want a brittish accent in the lead then they should get hugh laurie even tho he is in house and i dont think hed leave house lol... yep so if it numbered down to those 3 choices i would like u choose KR.... well if he gets a hair cut that is :lol:

14. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

Oh, I posted in the spoiler thread something that shoulda been here. Doh. Mixed up me.

Anyway, it was:

Michael Keaton is the only actor they could get that would make me want to watch CSI without Bill Petersen. He is wonderful (and the best movie Batman ever ;) ), and my favourite actor from many moons ago, long before my appreciation of Billy started. Fishburne, well, that just doesn't seem right to me, seems a very odd choice, hard to put into words why, I just can't imagine him in that show! But maybe it'll work, stranger things have happened.

15. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Also Kurt Russell, would be a good choice also versatile, but the thing is their[the others mentioned] not in talks with CSI, or are they? I can't really see how LF would accept unless they give him a hugh salary, and will they offer him what Billy makes? we'll see:confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.