The Great Ship Debate - CSI:Crime Scene Investigation

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by lament, Jul 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Really that's why people have said that they can't understand why others don't like the realiationship and then proceed to try and shove for in others faces...odd. And then calling people antis or other rude names, even calling what they say silly; yes that's a great way to debate subjects.

Well I find that statement to be quite rude. Exactly what are you trying to start? Heaven forbid that someone disagrees and voices what they think and then some feel the need to say that their opinion isn't valid or corrent. It's an opinion and this board is for discussion of different opinions otherwise it would be boring. It's annoying to see the same thing week after week, perhaps if there was a differnet main storyline it would be easier to swollow, but to have the same thing repeated for the past 8 years is enough.

That's called a discussion...something I've been trying to do nicely in here but you and several others feel the need to jump on people and call them silly for having a different perspective and opinion. Just because someone doesn't see a topic or storyline or even character the same way isn't a reason to be rude. And nowhere does anything say that I, or anyone else, have to accept GSR, I'd still be a fan of the show if it had never happened in the first place.

To answer Waiting's question:

I like The Love. Nick and Greg just click there is a very easy goingness and brother/brother relationship. There that could possibly turn into something along the lines of a life long partnership.

2. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

I do see a great friendship between Greg and Nick! I'm not sure if I see them together as far as partners... but I do definitely see a great friendship. :bolian: They have that ability to just goof off with one another... and I think that has a lot to do with Greg's personality. Greg has the fun, light hearted personality and is the one that jokes with everyone. He seems to flirt with just about everyone and he always makes me laugh. He's down right adorable!

I like Sandle... I know I said earlier that I don't see Sara with men... but I can see Sandle. I think he just compliments her where she needs it! I like their friendship!

But honestly other than that I don't ship Sara. I don't know why really.

I can pretty much ship Catherine with anyone... I guess because I think she has great chemistry with most people.

3. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

That's very true Greg and Nick compliment each other very well, perhaps they could go out for coffee next season and Greg might ask for love advice. Not necessarily with Nick but pick the older man's brain about things.

Cath does have that quality that she gets along with people very well, a rare and beloved quality that makes her a strong person. I've never shiped her with anyone, but who do you ship her with?

4. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

:lol: Where do I begin. Hehehe... it's really not that bad! Of course some might be a bit shocked because I don't always talk about who I ship her with.

1. Catnip
    2. Strawberry Tea (LH and Cath)
    3. Grillows ( I love their friendship... I know Lynny will want to deck me)
    4. Greg/Cath... I like their friendship only.
    5. My one and only threesome (Purewhip Joy... Lh/Cath/Grissom) <-- more in the sense of a fun, jovial banter that I could sooo see them having with each other.

5. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

desertwind, this post was uncalled for and is trollish. Your first line is a great irony in itself because it seems you're the one who's 'shoving it down other people's throats'. Also, please don't assume that 'GSr fans could care less about the ones who don't get it'. You don't represent all GSr fans and I highly doubt they'll appreciate you using them to back up an opinion that is your own.

If there are people who ship Grissom/Lady Heather and can see them having a relationship/getting married/etc., that's their choice to do so. It has nothing to do with you or GSr. Attacking them (or any other ship) by saying that your ship is the 'only one' is considered trolling, especially if you go into their ship threads to do it.

Shipper Central has rules, such as:

desertwind, consider this your first official warning for trolling and bashing other members.

6. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

The Greg/Cath friendship I cna totally see they balance well, especially the sarsasm and joking. They do it well and can lighten any mood.

:lol: The Purwhip Joy makes me giggle, and you're right about the banter but it would definetly be something different. And in that something very interesting to see.

Great choices, thanks so much for sharing ever so nicely. :)

7. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

I don't understand why everyone can't get along. We each have our own opinion and if I'm not mistaken this the great ship debate thread. People read too much into the episodes. We need to accept what the writer's say. If people think that two people are together because they like those two characters than that is considered fanfiction. We know that Grissom and Sara are together. If you don't believe that they are still together than that is your choice but you cannot deny that they were together at one point in time. i for one, believe that grissom and Sara are still together. They are by far my favorite ship. I am not trying to convert you, but the writers have stated that they were together. So we need to move past that. it does not mean that you need to jump on board. But, i do not like to see people bash each others ships, I canot say that the GSR fans are perfect and we do not bash other ships.We do not mean to and i'm sure it is the same for others. Some people get offended easily.

8. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

Hey...

No one is saying that GSR isn't real... or they aren't together. That isn't the issue at all. And you know most people can come on here and debate rationally. I have no qualms with that. Just because a couple is together doesn't mean everyone likes them together... and that is what is being debated. :) In real life.. and on fictional tv shows... characters break up too...

I think any ship is worth debating, and just because GSR is real at the moment... doesn't give anyone the right to say that Grissom/LH discussions are only worth fan fiction. Just like GSR started... it can end just as easily to. Again like you said this is a debate thread. I personally see chemistry with LH/Grissom. A lot actually...

Anyhow... on to brighter things... Cath/Greg do have a great bond. A friendship one yes.... but it's hysterical to watch. They both seem at ease joking with one another.

Cath/LH... uh wow... that is my only slash ship... but they are very mysterious... and intelligent women. I love the strength that both of them possess.

Grillows... now that is a healthy friendship... they both step on each others toes in a good way, and just seem to get each other very well. Then again Cath is his right hand... and they seem to be connected in a way where the other can finish the other's thought. I also like the light flirting banter they have.

Catnip... I could be corny and say... that is the cat's meow... but I won't. I guess I did. :lol: I like the closeness that these two have with one another. Cath knows things about Nick that he hasn't felt comfortable confiding to others. I love their dancing scene... even though it ended badly. I really felt something in redrum with this ship... it was explosive well to me that is. The anger Nick exhibited... was so unlike him.

The Love... is a new ship for me. I definitely see the friendship... but these guys are great together. But yes I can see Greg asking Nick for lady advice... then again I could see Greg trying to give Nick advice.... and Nick being like... Okay..okay I get it. :lol: He actually did that with the liquid latex convo. :lol:

9. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

I was just stating that if the writers don't make it happen, then at the moment it is in the fan's opinion, I consider it to be fanfiction. And you are right, Grissom and Sara could break up at any moment and they could get back together again, anything is possible, however it is not up to us to decide that. I am just glad that you realize that Grissom and Sara are togethe, because most people are in denial about that.

Anyway, i used to be a fan of Snickers. i thought Sara and Nick looked cute together because they were approximately the same age, but eventually i realized that it wasn't sara and Nick i wanted together, it was George and Jorja that i wanted together. Then I watched more of the older seasons and i saw chemistry with Grissom and Sara. they had a past together from the very beginning. Now I ship GSR.

10. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

Heheh anything is possible. I will say though... I don't think the fans are in denial about GSR. I think there are just a lot out there that don't care for the ship... or dislike it. They don't see the chemistry... and not seeing isn't denial. I don't care for the ship at all... and I've stated why so... I'm not going to repeat it. Or maybe I will... I don't think they are healthy for each other.

And you know... sure it's up to the writers to make or create a relationship and possibly destroy it... doesn't mean debating isn't necessary or realistic.

11. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

So, I have been avoiding this thread for a while, and now I know why.
    :eek:
    I don't think anyone is denying that Gris and Sara are a couple. They are. But not everyone likes them as a couple. Again, since this is the debate thread we are free to dislike a ship.

And there are more than one ship on CSI. Just because GSR is cannon doesn't mean that we can't pair either Gris or Sara with others. And, YES, there is LOTS and LOTS of fanfiction out there both GSR and other ships. Fanfiction to me is one way of either creating the perfect couple or expanding on ideas presented in the show. We can discuss the wonderful world of fanfiction on another forum :lol: since this is about ships and why we like them. Is it not? ;)

I am one of those people who do ship G/LH. To me, it doesn't matter what Billy said about him not having sex with Lady Heather. Just the two of them in the same room, the sex was dripping off the walls. To me, that's chemistry. I will always have a place for Grissom and Lady Heather no matter what TPTB portray on the show.

I am also a multi-shipper. Most of my ships involve Catherine. :)

My new favorites that include Catherine are...

Catherine/Lady Heather - They 'get' each other. Catherine 'gets' Lady Heather almost better than Grissom. :eek:

Catherine/Grissom/Lady Heather - I'm not really into threesomes, but this one was too good to pass up. OOOOOoooo the possibilities between the three of them! :evil:

I still love <3
    PureJoy
    Catherine/Vartann
    and am coming around to Catnip

12. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I agree with you, hhunter, I have avoid this thread for a while. I don't like to come in here, because the fans bash everybody.

I know everybody are not denial about GSR, they don't like them together, they like Grissom with other women, like Lady Heather, Catherine, and Teri. Not Sara.

I'm multi-shipper.

I'm minor GSR- I like them together, I like happy Grissom better then a grumpy Grissom.

I love Snickers and I still ship them- Nick and Sara are cute together and they have similar with each other and understanding each other.

Catnip and Grillows- I like them too.

Sara and Greg- I like their friendship, not as a couples.

Greg and Nick- I like them as friendship too as a big brother and little brother, not as a couple.

I have never bash anybody with their favorite shippers.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
  13. PiperGrissom

PiperGrissom Police Officer

I wish everyone could be a nice as you!:thumbsup:
    There is NO need to bash fans of ships. It's (yes I know I run 5 GSR sites, so I am nuts) A SHOW and pretend, so let's NOT be hateful to one another. I see this kind of mess on other GREAT boards and it gets people mad and creates trolls. Not everyone is going to like a certain ship. So what? Let's not bash others that do. It's one thing to support your ship, but it's another to be mean and hateful to fans that don't agree with you.
    I will not return to this thread. I don't like meaness.
    Thanks NicknGrisson for being so nice about it all. YOU rock!

14. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I've also stayed away from this for a while. I don't like all the disagreements and bashing either :( But on to the topic:

I like Strawberry Tea!! I think that there was chemistry between Cath and LH, especially in SoLV, the scene where they talked about their professions and daughters, that is one of my favourite CSI scenes. But since then too, there seemed to be a connection and understanding between them.

I also like the Love. There is a lot of chemistry between Nick and Greg. And, especially in the earlier seasons there was a lot of touching and flirting and joking between the two. And now, Nick seems to look out for Greg, and they share so many looks where they can communicate without the need for words i.e. Empty Eyes, Redrum. And haha I loved the liquid latex scene!!

I do like Cath/Sara too, there was a lot of chemistry between them, arguing one minute, being ok the next, then starting again.

I wouldn't say I ship Sandle, but I totally see where everyone is coming from with Sara/Greg. And I think that there friendship is one of the strongest on the show, probably after Cath/Grissom. Again, with Purejoy, especially in the earlier seasons, I kind of half shipped it, but recently there's been hardly anything between them. But I can see why people ship Purejoy, it, like Sandle, isn't one of my main ships ;)

I guess i'm a total multi-shipper! I can see many other ships too, and half like them, just don't follow them as much as my main ones (Nick/Greg, Cath/Sara and Cath/Wendy)

15. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Thanks for reminding me of the liquid latex scene, definetly a defining moment and memorable at that. :guffaw:

Greg and Nick have a great way of communitcating without using a lot of words, especially with facial movements and ever so slight touching. One that comes to mind when Greg was a lab rat and he and Nick were standing so close it looked like Nick was behind him and they were cuddling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.