Horatio/DC#14: Even heroes have the right to bleed

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Lucy, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

ulysses , you're not gonna get flak, at least not from me and a couple of others I know who frequent this thread. And your above post, I'd have quoted the entire thing :lol:

All I can say in response to that is very well put and very good points. MAny of us have been trying to "defend" our poor H to those who hate Super-H and how he's evolved and hate the show cos of him, but like you I still love him to pieces. And agreed it's nice that tptb didn't make him someone who's purely black&white good or evil.

I must admit it irks me when he turns hypocritical but aren't we all. All his flaws just makes him more human.

And I guess that's why we love our H. :cool:

2. Missing

Missing Pathologist

I too have to say that look on his face at the end was heartbreaking to me. I cannot wait until Sept to see how this plays out but I am sure DC is having alot of fun with it.

Ulysses I too like his character right now and have been enjoying him this season. If you look at all the stuff H has had to deal with and put up with--it would be enough to send anyone to the mental hospital.

3. SwanSwan_H

SwanSwan_H Police Officer

Though I respect your opinion, I disagree. The show is just a shadow of it's former self. The Horatio character, to me, has become nothing more than a contrived, comic book vigilante, and is now so way out of character that I hardly recognize him anymore. This was mentioned in another thread ('Jump the shark'), but the only way I can accept this change is if the writers are brave enough to imply he is having some kind of breakdown.

I have little to no faith in the writers since the end of Season 3, so maybe they will surprise me.

...and yes, I used to be a big H fan ;) and am loyal where such things are concerned, but I can't accept or like his character as things stand.

4. ulysses

ulysses Victim

Ah, yes. I agree with this point. Also, I don't mean to imply in my previous post that there shouldn't be any consequences to H's actions. Consequences thusfar? None really... but I really hope it's building.

5. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Perhaps H is having a breakdown, and perhaps getting shot is a consequence of it.

I posted in the other thread but I'll repeat it here.

Remember at the beginning when everyone was ducking from the bullets, H was the only one who didn't. I'm not saying he's suicidal or had a death wish. Those who saw the 'Behind The Scenes" interview with David, he said H was in a dark place right now.

Perhaps after all he's been through, he doesn't value his own life that much anymore. Hence he's willing to take a bullet in an attempt to save his son. H staged the shooting but he wanted it to be with real bullets, so he set himself up to be shot. It didn't matter to him if he lived or died.

Whatever it is, it makes for a great season 7 opening.

Hey, our H/DC thread name came true. :)

6. ulysses

ulysses Victim

I can see that being the case. At least part of it -- his instinct for surivival diminishing... now that he's discovered he has a son. It would be quite natural for a character to put his child's life above his, especially a character like Horatio.

7. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

Could some of this parental concern be that H's own father didn't sacrifice or care about him (supposedly the guy beat on H's mom) so now he feels he has to prove something to his kid. H has so little family around-sometimes a girlfriend, a wife that lasted 5 minutes, a niece that disappeared, a brother dead, a nephew he never sees: must be lonely to be Lietenant Caine. So if he's really shot I wonder if ANY family would know and come to visit-don't doubt though if he's faked his death that many would mourn him.

8. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Hey, Guys & Gals, don't mean to interupt converstaion but I was listening to this on my way home & totally thought of Horatio, so I felt I needed to share. :D

I Won't Go by 3 Doors Down

Looking back at the beginning of this
    and how life was
    just you and me and all of our friends
    living life like an ocean

now the current's slowly pulling me down
    it's getting harder to breath
    It won't be too long and I'll be going under
    can someone save me from this

cause it's not my time
    I'm not going
    there's a fear in me
    it's not showing
    this could be the end of me
    and everything I know
    oh, I won't go

I look ahead to all the plans that we made
    and the dreams that we had
    I'm in a world that tries to take them away
    oh, but I'm taking them back
    all this time i've just been to blind to understand
    what should matter to me
    my friend, this life we live
    it's not what we have, it's what we believe

It's not my time
    i'm not going
    there's a fear in me
    it's not showing
    and everything I know
    oh, it's not my time, im not going
    there's a fear in me
    now I know that
    and everything I know
    oh, I won't go

It might be more than you believe
    It might be more than you can see

but it's not my time, im not going
    there's a will in me
    now it's gonna show
    and everything I know
    I won't go

There might be more than you believe
    There might be more than you can see

it's not my time, im not going
    there's a will in me
    now I know it
    and everything I know
    oh I won't go
    I won't go
    no, I won't go down.

:cool::cool:Horatio lives on!

9. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

^Oh very nice song. It's very appropriate of the situation Hi's in now. Thanks mjszud for sharing it.

If H had a funeral, well I know his team will be there, I wonder who else will be. I'm sorry for being shippy here, but if Yelina and Ray Jr were, it would be great.

If there was a funeral and it was faked, and H emerges to arrest whoever was the mastermind behind the shooting..... anyone watched the season finale of Bones? It's like the exact same thing happened with Booth....

I don't think H wants to prove anything to Kyle, he just wants to save him from Ron Saris.

10. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

^^ Isn't that song actually called 'It's Not My Time'? I have it on iTunes.

At any rate, it's a great song and really does fit H's situation. It would be cool if they played it on the show to really parallel what happened.

It makes sense if they were there--they're his family by both blood and marriage. And the whole shooting situation did remind me of Bones' finale. Of course with Bones, there was a continuation and with Miami, we're left with H on the tarmac. I wonder if (even if it is staged) it'll be a life-altering experience for Horatio? Simulating that kind of danger/getting hurt because of it could put his own life into perspective and cause him to internalize rather than concentrate on everyone else.

11. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Yes very cool if they did.

Interesting if it would happen that way, and I hope it does. It could make for some good storylines too (I shan't go into it cos I'll go all shippy, if you know what I mean).

As for Bones, it was meant to be funny as Bones always is so I think it was written and handled well. But Miami has a different feel to it, it's never funny like Bones is, so I guess though the storylines may potentially be similar, it won't be exactly the same. Well we'll just have to wait and see if the H getting shot turns out the same as in Bones. But I'm glad they didn't leave us hanging in Bones, I wouldn't be able to stand 2 cliffhangers with my 2 fave shows.... I'd probably go crazy.... :lol:

12. RedHot

RedHot Witness

I don't know if we are aloud to put a web page address, but I made a theme for nokia cells of David Caruso. Feel free to look and download it, in zedge.net under THEME browse for David Caruso (I think I put it on TV/Movies categories).

13. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

^Darn, I use Motorola.

I don't know if you're allowed to post stuff like that but I guess if it's your own creation and you wanna share it, it's ok.

14. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

What with the new spoilers?

So H's going darker according to Corey Miller.

IMO he already is, and it gives him a sexy edge. I like. I don't know how much darker they can make him. You know what I'd like? If he loses it. I'd like to see that happen like beat up some guy, and not a suggestion of it like in 'To Kill A Predator'. I really don't know how to interpret "going dark" but that's what I think. Insted of being right and wrong, black and white, be like greyish.

I liked flawed H, a change from the old H we knew, but then given what he's been through the past seasons? Everyone would change even a little. And it makes him more interesting too.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2008
  15. Della

Della Police Officer

...Not sure if this has been posted, but on the off-chance it hasn't...

For UK Fans only:

I was searching through the channels today and I came across "Kiss of Death" starring Nicolas Cage and David Caruso - It is a remake of a 'Film Noir' from 1947 which starred Richard Widmark.

It's on BBC1 at 2am til 3.30am

By all accounts I thought this was a pretty good remake, compared to some, (and I usually can't stand Nicolas Cage in a movie), though, as in most cases, not a patch on the original. *shrug*

I also thought DC was really good in this, as he was in "Kings of New York".

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.