Horatio/DC#14: Even heroes have the right to bleed

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Lucy, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

Thanks, Hrockz.

My dream finale would be to have Horatio get shot, then do some emotional scene with the team members in the hospital. Of course, they would do all the hospital drama. You know, the doctors grabbing Horatio's gurney and running down the halls spouting all kinds of doctor stuff. Heh. Like that's going to happen. :rolleyes:

2. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

^ That's my dream finale too! Let's hope we get to see it.

3. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

I am not sure if I should post this here or not.....but I am looking for a pic of H's broken sunglasses. Would anyone of it or should I post in the question thread?

4. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Kat I'll PM you the pic later, I'm not on my laptop PC now.

I really can't wait for the finale. And didn't H look so hot in 'Down To the Wire'? :drool: It's that short cropped hair he's sporting that makes him SO HOT!!!! ok sorry I'm being fangirly again.

I'll have loads more thoughts after I see the finale. I can't wait, I can't wait....

5. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

He was hot in Down To The Wire:drool:....I love his hair that way..it looks so good.

I'm counting down for the finale....can't wait to see what happens to our man.:thumbsup:

6. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

^I know! That red hair that way, is just so hot!!! Sorry I know I need to have something better to say than commenting on H's hair... but I can't help it! Sorry!

7. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Hey, his hair is a very important part of him...and so are his gorgeous blue eyes...oh don't even get me started on the eyes:drool:....I love when there's scenes where he's outside and there's a breeze and how his hair moves....shew I think I'm going to start calling him Hotatio.:lol:

8. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

^Oh I love that too! I mean the hair blowing in the wind thingy. Makes the H'o meter go off the charts! And yup the blue eyes..... :drool:

:lol: "Hotatio".

I just saw the extended finale in the spoiler thread.

We all knnow it'll be a cliffhanger, and we won't know if H got shot for real or not. I think the last scene will be the one in the promo, with H lying face down on the ground. And I think it's Julia and Ron who ambushes him to be shot. Looks like he gets shot in an airfield where he had arranged to meet Julia and Kyle.

9. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

Awww, Horati and the red hair...:drool:

I think that he is shot at the airfield where he meets Julia and Kyle. Whether they are there when it happens, I don't know. It would be kind of cool though, right? I am still imagining a showdown with Horatio and Saris, with the lives of either Kyle, Julia, or both on the line.

10. CSINYAddict

CSINYAddict Rookie

I love this guy's one liners. I don't care how corny they are, they're Horatio style.

11. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

I just finished "going ballistics."

Episode spoilers below.

OMGGGG! I cannot believe this. I mean, I have been saying all along I wanted him shot, but when it actually happened I was like, "NO HORATIO! Please be wearing a vest!" lol. Oh man, I cannot wait for the fall.

12. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

I watched only the ending part, I'll watch the whole epy later.

I must say awesome acting from DC. IMO the whole thing was staged, there wasn't any blood. Look carefully, what looks like blood is just the reflection off the tarmac.

Still staged or not, I loved seeing H get shot, fall face down, struggle and writhe in pain , then go totally still. The broken sunnies, amazing touch. I loved it. Great job David! :thumbsup:

Even if he was shot for real, we know he's gonn abe ok so I'm not too worried about that part.

13. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Staged or not, that was some great acting by David...and I have to say, my eyes started watering a little when he got shot...and the broken glasses and his facial expression at the end was something:(....I mean I know he's not dead, come on, he's Horatio, but it does make me wonder where this is going...it'll be interesting to see how this plays out....I'm missing my Horatio already.

14. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

I watched the whole thing already. And brilliant acting from DC. The ending was heart-wrenching to watch. Kudos to him, he really can act and I'm glad tptb allowed him such a storyline to act out.

And the scene with Kyle, so angsty, again good acting from David.

But didn't he look totally hot in this epy again? :drool:

I wonder if he'll nail Ron by having him on attempting to murder a police officer. Remember he told Ron "there're may kinds of justice". I know he won't die, I just hope he got shot for real, although we all know it was staged. But honestly there was no blood. I really hope H doesn't take justice into his own hands again and kills Ron. But we'll see. In the 'Behind The Scene' interview with DC, he did say that H is in a very dark place right now.

I miss H already too..... *bawls*

15. ulysses

ulysses Victim

I know I'm probably going to catch a lot of flak for this, but I actually prefer this current Horatio than from the earlier seasons.

Yeah, Super H is sometimes hilariously ridiculous. Yeah, he probably should have been injured his fair share of times - and probably moreso. Yeah, he's practically a vigilante. But all this, for me, makes him such a more interesting character than the lieutenant detective from the first few seasons (at least 1 and 2). Back then, he was just like any other cop from any other cop show.

Okay, sure, I miss H being part of the team, etc. But look at how much shit is on his plate now, post-Speed. I like that he can look out for all of them once in a while, but other times just step back and say, "You guys take care of yourselves (or, take care of each other) -- because I have to take care of myself, too."

I, for one, am thrilled the writers have the guts to give him such a dark edge. We have ENOUGH characters who are all "JUSTICE JUSTICE JUSTICE!" How about some vengeance? To have H walk the line between justice vs. vengeance, police officer vs. vigilante is very daring and extremely tricky to write. Sure, it fails at times. I'm the first to pick apart all the episodes and admit that. But I don't see any other character in the CSI franchise who even comes CLOSE to H in terms of depth, angst (this word is thrown around and misused too often; look it up, please), and (moral) ambiguity. The best way for me to say it is that Horatio is very human in a very larger-than-life, comic-book way, which is fine by me. He's a pre-apocalyptic (or even just apocalyptic) hero, and if you view his character in this sense, I think you can begin to see where the writers are really coming from. The new question the writers are posing is: What kind of world do we live in if our hero is himself beginning to fall apart in the darkness? In the other CSIs, you don't question who the heroes are; there is little doubt in any viewer's mind. For Miami, we do... We question Horatio's judgment and control, and the show is all the better for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.