Horatio/DC#14: Even heroes have the right to bleed

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Lucy, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

^^ I think KoD is great :) should watch again - it's been a while.

As for H... I am not sure if I like new H - of course it's better than the robotic H but still...

2. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Oh, I didn't know 'Kiss of Death' was a remake. :eek: Interesting. I hope you UK fans get a chance to see it! I own it so no biggie. And at $30, I thought was a bit overpriced but what can you do, heh.

'Session 9' was still my favourite DC movie. Maybe it's because he looked so much like H, said Miami a lot and Brass was in the movie as well. :lol: (Okay, for two minutes but still) Wasn't the best plot but it had some potential if it weren't for the independantness of it.

And I'm still cracking up about his role in 'Rambo'. He was so adorable.

3. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

Oh, yeah. I couldn't agree more about the sexy edge. I love H as this sexy, dangerous badass who also looks great in a labcoat. And he's always had this tendency; it's just much more intense now. I just loved all the dangerous grinning he's been doing in the post-writers strike eps, especially in "Going Ballistic" and that really threatening-sounding laughter he did in the one scene before he whispered whatever it was in that guy's ear and walked out of the room. It just makes him seem so, so um :devil:

4. Della

Della Police Officer

‘Kings of New York’ and ‘Kiss of Death’ are still my favourite Caruso films. I thought ‘Session 9’ was okay in places, but, for me, the cast talking about the making of the film was much, much scarier – chuckle. That sent shivers running up and down my spine all the while I was watching that, especially when the lead mentioned that for a moment he had a hard time on the roof convincing himself not to jump. Ay, yi, yi! *shudder*

My favourite TV character Caruso has played is John Kelly in NYPD Blue and I sometimes really curse Caruso’s arrogance, because I think he could have made a far more ‘credible’ impact on the industry if he’d continued with that character, than the impact he’s making with the Horatio Caine character.

On that, I do think that what they’ve done to the Horatio character of late would have worked like a charm with the John Kelly character, because John Kelly started off as a character choc-full of grey areas, unlike the Horatio character, in my opinion. Horatio Caine, for me, is now the most two dimensional, black and white cartoon character to have graced our TV screens in such a long while – and he really is boring because of that.

...Oh well...

And as a last thing... I’m afraid I don’t find anything sexy about the Horatio Caine character at all anymore. Sexy for me is when a character, or even someone in real life, has every opportunity to stroll across to the ‘Dark Side’ :rolleyes: but, for one reason or another, chooses not to. That’s sexy for me. Pumping a couple of bullets into someone’s brain and/or beating the crap out of someone else because you failed to do your job? Pfft! That’s about as un-sexy as you can get in my book.

...Sorry...

:)

Last edited: May 31, 2008
  5. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Couldn't agree more.

Male agression, that's sexy to me :lol: So when H beats up some guy, well we haven't seen him do that yet, only suggestions, I'd like to see him do that though, that's sexy.

Pumps some guy's brains full of bullets? Cool to me too. Don't get me wrong, I'm not some sadist, it's just TV. It's not real. So H shoot away!

On and David's up for an Emmy nomiantion. IMO, I don't think his performance in the episodes 'Ambush' and 'All In' are worth an emmy nomination but well WTF. :wtf: I think his performace in 'Going Ballistic' has a better shot at it though. Hey it's the Emmys not some award for loking hot. :lol:

6. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

As long as it's someone I don't like. :lol: Seeing H get all hot and bothered is definitely very sexy. :devil:

You sadistic? *glances at your avatar* No f'n way!:lol:

He definitely gave an Emmy worthy performance in "Going Ballistic" and the writing backed him up. But maybe they had to submit the Emmy suggestions for an episode before the finale for some reason. And I liked him in Ambush/All In too.

7. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

What avatar? *blinks innocently*;)

I don't think the writing was particularly good in 'Going Ballistic' but DC did act out the getting shot part well. I think his performance in Ambush/All In was ok only. He didn't do much different from the usual episodes.

Although I hated season 4, I must say it had more "Emmy-worthy" episodes for H like in 'Skeletons', 'Under Suspicion' and 'Collision'. Any episode that has H and a little kid is a good performance. I love seeing him interact with little kids. That's been missing since Kyle came along.

And 'Witness To Murder', he was good in that too, also in the earlier seasons any episode involving the Raymond Sr storyline.

8. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

So, our boy has been put in for an Emmy nomination for the episode "All In" - very nice :) I doubt he'll get the nod to be in the chosen three or four, or whatever it is now, but I really liked Horatio in that episode - it was "old school" H, digging for clues, doing some lab work, connecting the pieces of the puzzle.

(What I really was "puzzled" about was that they put Elizabeth Berkeley out there to contend for a nomination - umm...even most of the fans of the show thought she sucked. :rolleyes:)

Anyway, I just really loved H in "All In" and was glad to see DC nominated for it. Catch you later :)

(BTW - love the new Avi, Hrockz - is it from "All In?")

9. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

I agree 'All In' was different in that H did all the forensics stuff but nothing like that had alot of expressions or emotions involved. Like I Said he had been better on other episodes.

^sorry I can't remember where I got that cap for the avatar from :lol: Too many pisc of H. It was made by CSI_Kat for me. I do know it's either from 'Ambush' or 'All In'.

10. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

Rrrrright, what avatar:lol: Well, I love the new one. It's delicious. :drool:

I haven't memorized all the episode titles yet, but of course I have with all the ones that Stetler is in, like Under Suspicion.
    But I don't know which ones Skeletons and Collision are.

Though I couldn't stand her when she first showed up, I've really gotten to like her in that I think that she makes a really good villainess. She's cold and scary in a creepy kind of way.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2008
  11. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

^'Skeletons' the episode where H finally catches Walter Resden.

'Collision' the one with the little boy who was abused and the last scene with H and the little boy sitting on a bench outside MDPD and H admiting to the boy that he went through the same thing when he was a kid, that is his mother was killed by his father.

The thing I always liked about the H character is that he had such a tough time growing up but he turned out not totally screwed up. But I guess things have a cumulative effect and after the events of season 6, especially 'Going Ballistic' one can't blame him for going darker.

12. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

OK, thanks. I think when I get the DVD's it will help me finish memorizing all the episodes.

Oh, I loved that scene.

I agree. And another thing i've been wondering about for a while is if Rick could have had a tough childhood, too. It could be something that he and H have in common.

13. mjszud

mjszud Captain

**pokes in & waves**

I got another diddy for Horatio. This song's on my ipod & everytime I listen to it, I think of H & the possibilities....it'd make for a great youtube- Horatio- losing- it video!!
    Sorry to express myself this way, but I can't resist, this one is perfect:D

Down with the Sickness by Disturbed
    Drowning in my sea of loathing
    broken your servant I kneel (will ya give it to me)
    It seems what's left of my human side
    is slowly changing in me (will ya give it to me)

Looking at my own reflection
    when suddenly it changes
    violently it changes
    oh no, there is no turning back
    now you've woken up the demon in me

Get up, come on get down with the sickness
    get up, come on get down with the sickness
    open up your hate, & let it flow into me
    you mother get up, come on get down with the sickness
    you *&%$^@ get up, come on get down with the sickness
    madness is the gift that has been given to me

I can see inside you the sickness is rising
    don't try to deny what you feel (will ya give it to me)
    it seems that all that was good has died
    and is decaying in me (will ya give it to me)

It seems your having some trouble
    dealing with these changes
    living with these changes
    oh no, the world is a scary place
    now that you've woken up the demon in me

:devil:

14. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

I'm going to have to go over to You Tube and listen to that one, mjszud. "Handlebars" by Flobots really makes me think of H. I just love that song, it's so intense. It would be perfect, too, for a fanvideo.

15. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

;)
    What's the deal with David Caruso? Some blogger who met him in Rome said he was shooting a movie, "Angels and Demons", the "DaVinci Code" prequel. I know they're filming the exteriors for that in Rome but I didn't think any of the actors were involved and have never heard that David had a part. Anybody know anything?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.