Tattoos and Piercings

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by skiJeRZe, Aug 7, 2005.

1. WASSITO

WASSITO Pathologist

Re: TATTOOS

I have 4 so far. My right upper arm theres a red rose, my left upper arm theres a snake eating it's tail. On my left shoulder is a black widow spider, on my lower left leg on the side is a huge dark angel in flight.

2. Redsiren

Redsiren Hit and Run

I have 8 tattoos (and counting). I have a great artist up here in Ontario who will, from now on, be doing all my work. :p

My first one was my dog's name on my inner right wrist, to remember her by (she was my first pet and we had put her down not a few months before I got tatted up).

I made a huge leap with my second and third tattoos and went right for my chest. On either side, close to the shoulders, are roses with the word 'hope' under the right one and 'strength' under the left. Oddly enough, when the artist was tattooing the left one, I actually started giggling, 'cause it TICKLED. It was all fun and games 'till he got to the right one. Hot knife through skin, anyone? Granted I do have a recurring shoulder dislocation problem on the right, but the difference is something that still suprises me.

Numbers four through six were all done in Atlanta at an old school biker shop. I was only planning on getting one while on vacation there with my best friend, but when she chickened out the first time, I sat through another on my inner left wrist this time just to kinda show her that no one was gonna die. I got R.I.P. 2005 to match my dog's name on my other wrist.
    A few days later we were back at the shop and this time she sat through her first one (on her hip) and toughed it out like a champ. I went next and it was by far one of the hardest sessions I've been through. The artist was extremely heavy-handed and I was getting my hips done. Needless to say, my abs were very sore for the next two days because I couldn't stop the muscles from contracting every time he was inking. Those two were musical notes in an old-fashioned, rockabilly style with the words 'forever' and 'warped' in banners across said notes. A commemoration of the vacation and the music festival we'd been to earlier that day.

I got three X's on my inner right wrist, below my dog's name after that, and it's one that I'm currently trying to figure out how to cover up with another piece. I rushed into that one, and needless to say, now regret it. :( It's not poorly done, and if nothing can be done to cover it up, there's plenty of reasons I can use. :p

My latest piece was done by my current artist, Dana, here in London and it's by far my favorite. It's from one of Mark Ryden's paintings, and although we modified it a bit because it will be part of my left sleeve, everyone who knows Mark's work immediately knows where it came from. It's on my left forearm and takes up most of the front of it.
    Rather than try to explain what the little guy looks like, I'll just show you:

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i313/erincanuck/Other/untitled-1.jpg

We gave him legs and seated him on his tombstone for a more complete picture. And I named him Lucian. :p

3. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

4. Redsiren

Redsiren Hit and Run

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2008
  5. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

I got stars on my hip which wasn't too bad until she had to pull the skin over the bone to get the line straight & I had absolutely no fat there, that hurt. :lol:
    After the outline it was fine, the strangest sensation ever is the tickling and watching the ink sink into your skin.

My mum's face when she found out was an absolute picture, I struggled to get my ears done and there I was with a pretty injection site :D

Mine itched like hell though when healing.

6. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

I was 19 when I got the first one done and I actually managed to render my Daddy speechless :lol: I dont remember it hurting that much but Ive got the feeling it took forever. it was just a simple rose on my right shoulder

the second one was done within and hour and there were moments I saw stars :(

Im planning on a third one but I still hadnt found the right image for it. I would love to have something with the moon and a shamrock. well, I just have to wait and see. it will come when the time is right

7. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Redsiren, the little guy on your arm looks really awesome. I wouldn't ever dare to have a tattoo that big, but I admire people who are brave enough to get them.

I'm still undecided whether or not to get a second tattoo, I'm quite sure I want it, but I just can't decide what or where yet.

8. Redsiren

Redsiren Hit and Run

I'm planning on having two full sleeves and he was the first step. Every time I walk into the shop now, my artist has to come over and faun over him. I think she loves him more than I do. :lol: And I love my lil' guy a lot!

I was extremely tempted to give him some company the other week when my soon to be roomate went and had my artist ink her up (it was only her second time under the gun), but alas I had no money to be dolling out, so for now he's all alone. :lol:

9. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Just a reminder, when posting images (using [​IMG]

10. Mrs.RyanWolfe

Mrs.RyanWolfe Victim

CSIri: Who is your favorite band? Sorry, I don't have any...want some. I will though when I'm 18, My mom won't let me get one.

11. Redsiren

Redsiren Hit and Run

12. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Redsiren, I don't know if Myspace allows you to hotlink the images you host on there or not. When I went to look at your post with the images I couldn't see them, just red crosses, which suggested to me that either the site was having problems or that being hotlinked was a problem (sometimes sites have it so that images simply don't show if you're trying to hotlink). I wasn't sure which, so I edited your post. I don't have a Myspace account so I don't know if they have any guidance on it. :)

13. Redsiren

Redsiren Hit and Run

Nah, I don't think Myspace has a no-hotlinking rule. They're just always having issues. :lol: I can't tell you how many times I haven't been able to log in, not mention not be able to get to different parts of the sites. No worries though, the links make the threat look a bit tidier any way. :)

14. csisue

csisue Hit and Run

I have 2 so far.... one is a hummingbird with flowers above my left breast and one in between my shoulder blades/lower neck of a butterfly..pretty dramatic. But its so addicting I am going to be getting atleast 3 more. A kanji symbol of love, a mother tat written in elvish in memory of my mother, and Eeyore. :D

15. grssom89

grssom89 Pathologist

Hey guys im wanting to get a tattoo but im worried that it may hinder my employment in the future because i want to be a teacher any thoughts??