Tattoos and Piercings

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by skiJeRZe, Aug 7, 2005.

1. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

Re: TATTOOS

i have a few lines from Natasha Bedingfield's song "Unwritten" tatooed on part of my back and my side. i love the song and yeah it was corny to get lyrics done but the song always makes me feel better.

i also have the outline of NJ done on top of my foot with the word Home in the middle so that when i travel or move out of state i'll always be reminded of where my true home is.

2. CCA

CCA Police Officer

I'd like to get one to but I don't want to share with the rest of the world. What I would do honestly being you want to be a teacher is get it either below the pants line somewhere either on the back or near the panty line but be careful! If you have kids you don't want it to stretch lol. Or you could get it on the inner ankle, or the back of the neck I've seen before.

Those are some ideas to think over ;) hope I helped a little.

I still have no idea what I want to get, but I want to get something. I always been scared with my skin tone that it might not look good or that I might be allergic or something ridiculas as that. I also want to get something that either means something, or something I won't regret when I am 80 years old and want to get the dang thing removed. I'm thinking either a outline of a fairy with fire around her, or just something kind of celtic...hopefully someday I can make up my bloody mind!

3. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

It was always on my mind i wanted one i c ould easily cover up if need be. I have 3 well technically 2 as 2 are identical.

Mine are lower back and 2 of my hips low enough that if i get pregnant it shouldnt stretch or if it does it will only be the 2 top stars.
    Tbh you rarely see my hip ones only mainly if i stretch up lay on the floor or wear not much clothes like bikini... but i like that about it though they were my impulse almost ones. But they are easily covered up with a long top.

My back you only see if i lean over or have a bare back or top that rides up. It sits along my trouser line as it lies down. And recently i realised not many people know i actually have on because they dont see it.

I do want another but i need to actually think about it because impulse where it can be great isnt the best.

4. grssom89

grssom89 Pathologist

Thanks alot CCA for the advice i suppose i'll find a design i really like and then the positioning will work itself out from there!

5. MyMutantRomance

MyMutantRomance Witness

I have two that I got last year when I was 15. I have a heart on my wrist and a skull and crossbone with a red bow on my ankle. Every member of my family (except for my older brother) has one.

6. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Tattoos & Piercings

I hope this is the appropriate place to post this. I was just wondering, any of you have tattoos or piercings?

Obviously, don't post any pictures if you have a tattoo or piercing in a, uh, special place. :lol:

I don't have any piercings, I did have my nose pierced at one point, but it had a granuloma grow on it (not pretty believe me), so I had to get rid of it. I only have one tattoo so far, and yea, I'm only 16. Oh how I love my mother. It's on my shoulder, because the tattooist said he wouldn't do it on my arm anywhere, because I'm so young, but my Mom and I agreed that probably wasn't a good idea. I'm really happy with him and the tattoo, he did an awesome job.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc172/Caitie-1992/moretattoo005.jpg

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc172/Caitie-1992/moretattoo003.jpg

It's the Eye of Ra or Eye of Horus, facing the way it is it means Sun. If I get another anytime, I plan on getting the same one, but on my other shoulder facing the other way, which means Moon.

http://www.crystalbeachtattoo.com/ is where I got it done.

So, do any of you have tattoos or piercings? You don't have to post pictures, but that would be cool if you did. :)

7. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

Re: Tattoos & Piercings

^^oooo that's a cool one. Everyone my age(18, well, 19 in like 2 weeks) has been scrambling to get tattoos because they don't have to get their parents' permission. haha.

I would never get a tattoo for myself, I'm too chicken! But I don't think they're wrong or anything. I hate it when old people freak out when someone has a tattoo...It's a cool way to express yourself.

I only have ear piercings. I think belly button rings are really cute, but again, I'm too chicken.

8. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

*sigh* Well, I found out my mom's point of view about tattoos when I made her watch this guy Frank on LA Ink. She believed they're horrible and it makes people look down on you, or something. I don't even know. I don't agree with it at all. I say it's your body, and if you want to put ink on it, good for you. I think it's cool if it's something that means something to you. Like, the guy on LA Ink got a tattoo of his grandpa because he really looks up to him. I think stuff like that is awesome. And your tatto, luf100, is really cool. :)

I don't think I'll get a tattoo... but you never know. I think if I did, it'd just be a tiny one on the small of my back or something. I know of a few people in my grade (11) who have tattoos. It's nothing to freak out about or look down on them for.

I changed my mom's opinion on it a bit though, 'cause by the end of LA Ink she saw how they can be meaningful and stuff, so, she doesn't dislike them as much as she did before. It's a start. :D

/ramble

9. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Frank Iero?! Kat Von D?! :lol: Love them both. I agree with Hollyyo and you, there's nothing wrong with tattoos, and it bugs me when people think there is. I remember I was actually scared to tell my grandparents, but when they found out they were fine with it. I was pleasantly surprised.

They don't really hurt that much at all. I guess it depends on the person, but even someone with a low pain tolerance could probably take it. It feels a little like a bee poking it's stinger in and out of you, but it doesn't last that long, and when the tattooist takes the needle out to get more ink, or wipe excess ink off, it wipes away most of the pain too, so you get tiny breaks in between. It's harder to take care of it while it heals than it is to get it done. :lol:

I think when I got my nose pierced, it hurt more in that one stab than it did the whole time I had to sit to get the tattoo. o_O

10. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Where do I begin! 3 in each ear, belly button, had a lip one but took it out, same with my nose and monroe. I want to get my eyebrow pierced but I'm not sure. When you work in the medical field, alot of that junk has to get taken out unfortunately. As far as tattoo's I'm currently designing mine right now! 2 years in progress! Hopefully getting it for Christmas.

11. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I reply to things so much. xD

How big is the tattoo going to be? You've been designing it for so long!

12. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Yeah I figured that since this was going to be on my body forever that I wanted to have a lot of thought behind it. It's about 7 inches by 7 inches. It's going on my right shoulder blade. It's a four leaf clover with a polish bird (somewhat like an eagle) in one leaf, the country of Africa in another, my grandfather's initials in another, and the quote "Nothing great in the world has ever been accomplished without passion" is in the last one. The clover, the bird, and Africa all represent my nationalities. I'm really liking how it's turning out.

13. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Aw, that sounds awesome! :) Hope it turns out good for you whenever you get it.

14. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Thank you very much! I'm just not sure if I should make it smaller or what cause 7 by 7 is big when you think about it! I'm just cleaning up all the loose ends.

15. HellsBells

HellsBells Tormenting Camp Counselors