How Much is Gas Where you Live?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Smokey, Mar 15, 2008.

1. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

Ugh gas went up to $3.63 a gallon today where I live. :eek::wtf: :scream: I need to fill up today as well. :scream: I have about a quarter tank left and I am afraid if I wait - it will go up again tomorrow. :rolleyes:

2. Vonnie

Vonnie Victim

You know, I don't pay attention anymore. It's gotten to the point where it's completely outrageous so I just put in $20 at a time and cross my fingers. Thank goodness I have a tiny car.

3. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

:lol: That's probably the best way to be. The price is ridiculous in the UK, but I still have to drive so I've stopped looking at the cost and just fill the tank when it needs it, which luckily is only once a week. I think it costs me about £35 to fill it up, but my car is small, so compared to my husband's fuel bills mine never seem that bad.

4. Vonnie

Vonnie Victim

It takes me roughly $40 to fill my tank up now. It depresses me mostly because I can remember when I first got the car it only took $20 to fill the tank to the brim. Makes me want to get a moped and be done with it.

5. HellsBells

HellsBells Tormenting Camp Counselors

Currently, we are one of the highest priced cities (Milwaukee) in the United States at $3.69. It's been stable at 3.69 for about a week now, but there is talk of it going up soon though... :scream:

6. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

According to GasBuddy.com, Wisconsin is currently averaging $3.61.1 for the state with 14 states averaging more. Milwaukee area prices range from $3.57 in Oak Creek (reported Thurs morning) to $3.89 at First and Pierce in the Milwaukee South area (reported Friday morning). Several at $3.79.

Around here (Charleston, WV), other than one at $3.75 and one at $3.79, most are from $3.61 to $3.65. The one at $3.79 is usually one of the highest because it is closest to the airport and tries to catch the people who rent cars when filling up to return them to the agencies.

-----=====-----

Philly gas station sells 76-cent fuel in honor of 76ers
    Apr 25, 10:08 PM (ET)

PHILADELPHIA (AP) - The Philadelphia 76ers are in the playoffs for the first time in three years, but motorists were the ones celebrating on Friday.

For 76 minutes starting at noon, a gas station offered fuel for 76 cents a gallon in a promotion tied to the playoff series with the Detroit Pistons.

Hundreds of drivers began lining up around 6:30 a.m., some sleeping in their cars. About 100 cars made it through before the line was cut off.

"If gas keeps going up, I'm going to have to get used to walking," said JoAnne Baker, who was seventh in line. She drove from another part of the city - and bought $2 in gas just to make the drive - so she could wait in line for the cheap fuel.

Before the price drop, regular unleaded at the station was a fraction under $3.69.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2008
  7. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Coming into work today I notice the price at the pumps. Gas here is currently $1.22.6 a liter. Yesterday they were at $1.20.0. The interesting thing here is the Toronto Transit Commission, in other words public transit, went on strike at midnight :censored: so what do the gas stations do but raise the price at the pumps :brickwall:

8. Austin

Austin Hit and Run

It cost my husband over $40.00 to fill up our car and it was one fourth full! We have a Chevy Cavalier and I can't believe it will take almost $50.00 + dollars to fill it.
    Gas is $3.55 for unleaded! OUCH!!

9. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

Gas is now up to $3.65 where I live. Thank goodness me and my husband both have small cars.

10. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Well gas went down in price today. It's now $1.19 a liter down from $1.22.6 on the weekend.

11. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

It's pretty expensive here in the UK, around £ 1.19.9 a litre, in some places it's acutally even more than that, it's getting really expensive over here...

12. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

So last week I rushed to get it at $3.39 a gallon before they raised it to $3.65.

Today I rushed to get it at $3.59 a gallon before they raised it to $3.75! [​IMG]

13. Austin

Austin Hit and Run

SMOKY I am so sorry! I used to work in a gas station and had to raise the prices my self! I felt so bad. I got yelled at a lot. No surprise there.

Were at $3.66

14. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

It just a few pennies short of 4.00 dollars here, where I live in California.

It's getting quite ridiculous. I can't even imagine how much it's going to cost when I turn 21.

15. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Up to $3.85 today. :(