How Much is Gas Where you Live?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Smokey, Mar 15, 2008.

1. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

First it's scary that Dynamo1 is reading my hometown newspaper. :lol:

But tis true he's biking all over the city and it's getting mixed reactions. I'm proud that someone is willing to take a stand...and I would totally do it too if I didn't have to be at work at 3:30am. Some think he is insane, but if this is what makes him happy then that is all that matters.

2. csisue

csisue Hit and Run

I pay $3.57 a gallon in Tucson, Az. The weird part is Diesel fuel is $4.25. I thought it was suppose to be cheaper because its not refined. Odd right? I drive a SUV so I may have to start hoofing it. ;p

3. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

wow...only $1.25 in Canada, AB. but we go by Liters, 4 liters in a gallon aprox. $5.00 per gallon?

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

This is totally out of control, it's now gone up to $3.83 per gallon, when will this stop? it's a wallet breaker:(

5. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Chicago area, just over the State Line into Northwest Indiana.

Regular Unleaded, which is 87 or 89 Octane is right around $4.00 per gallon, and that's here in Indiana. Illinois, especially the City (Chicago Proper) is at least $0.10 more. It varies from chain to chain, with chains like Speedway being the most expensive. I think the top price I've seen is about $4.30 per gallon. I think Mid Grade and Premium are 90 and 93 or 93 and 95 Octane are about $0.10 or so higher each grade.

Diesel is anywhere between $4.15-$4.25 per gallon. That's crazy to me, because for years diesel was cheaper than gasoline.

I'm lucky, because I have a newer car which even though it has a 6 Cylinder engine it gets about 25 MPG on average. I feel bad for people who've converted to Diesel or drive big SUV's. I have a 16 gallon tank and last time it cost me about $50 to fill up. (I usually would fill up from 1/4 tank) The people driving big vehicles with low MPG must really be paying through the nose.

There have been many instances of rigs at truck stops having their diesel siphoned out of them. There have also been instances of vandalism at parking lots. Cars have had their catalytic converters ripped from them. FYI, the catalytic converter helps with emissions, but hurts gas mileage.

About Ten years or so ago, I remember people being upeset about gas being $1.50-$2.00 per gallon. My how times change.

6. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

WOOT mines still the most. not really a celebration, this is completely out of control where does it end? :censored:

7. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

Well a few days ago - it went up to $4.09 here for the 87 octaine.....it is well above that for diesel and other octaines. It is a holiday weekend so lets see if it goes back down next week.

8. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

$3.95 in Worcester Massachusetts this morning. Even with our .40 cents off per gallon it took $45.00 to fill our little Toyota Rav 4. :eek:

Susan

9. dopebabygirl

dopebabygirl CSI Level Two

i paid 1,53 € (it's 2,41 $/liter )this mornig per liter it took 62 €(98 $/ 40 liter) to fill up my little car :( :eek:
    it's the highest price i've ever paid :(

Diesel is the same

10. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

When I started this thread I was outraged that it was $3.39. Now that would be considered "cheap" because it's up to $3.99. [​IMG]

I get 32 mpg, but still when I was almost empty today I just put $20 bucks in. I just couldn't bring myself to fill it all at once! :lol:

11. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Well gas this morning was $1.27.3/ liter. Yesterday it was 1.25.2/liter. That's a huge increase in 24 hours :censored:

12. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Gas was $3.79 the other day and yesterday jumped 10 cents to $3.89. I haven't ventured out today but I'm sure it's probably spiked again....darn Holiday weekends! An hour North and South prices have gone up to $4.00. And Chicago is well over $4. :eek:

13. csisue

csisue Hit and Run

Although the gas price here has too gone up, average is $3.65, we are still the second lowest price in the nation. Which doesn't say much does it. :( I hear it's estimated that it will top $5 dollars+ by summer time. Hello public transportation.

14. CSIsPuddingCup

CSIsPuddingCup Witness

Here in central Wisconsin its 3.97

and thats in the last 48 hours. for regular.

it actully seems that in southern Wisconsin is cheaper :\

i wont be traveling very far this summer....

i remember we went to keystone a few years ago and we thought 3.54 was an all time high.

15. dopebabygirl

dopebabygirl CSI Level Two

you shouldn't be complaining
    i have to pay €1,53 per liter ($ 2,41)
    that's € 6,12 per gallon ($ 9,64)

what wouldyou say if the prices in the US would be like that??

i'd be really happy when a liter would be $ 1,23 ( € 0,78) :eek:
    whenever i see the prices at our gasstations my facial expression goes loke this -> :eek: