Hockey Fans

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by misscsiny, Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flackie_boo

flackie_boo Hit and Run

haha yeah I guess it does depend on what you like better, I really am terrible at roller hockey... I can roller blade fine, but I can't like stop and I'm not so good on turning quickly and I just really can't play hockey when I'm on roller blades. Whenever I'd play street hockey with my friends I'd be the only one in shoes lol.

Ohh I have to bring up the trade deadline, was anyone else really disappointed when The Lighting traded Brad Richards? I was so disappointed, I know him and Lecavilier are pretty tight and he's a good player. But I guess getting traded is part of being in the NHL.

2. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

*wonders why DJ never found this thread before*

Big big hockey fan myself, ice and ball hockey. Played ice hockey for 5 yeah, ball hockey for 7 and still going strong. Part of our provincial ball hockey team for those 7 years too.

But I will admit, even though I play defense, and have always respected goaltenders... it wasn't until my cousin was in a car accident that I took over the duties of a goalie. Now I have the utmost respect and more for anyone who plays this position on a regular basis.

As for the NHL, I'm a Bruins and Senators fan, and was pleased to see the Bruins prove their worth tonight against Pittsburgh, even with the Pens recently acquiring Hossa upon the trade deadline. (the guy got injured in the second period)

3. hyburn8

hyburn8 Hit and Run

I, for one, was upset! :mad: I am a Lightning fan -- the hometown team for me. Lecavilier was almost as tight with Richards as he is with Martie St Louis. Sad.

4. magicmunchies

magicmunchies Lab Technician

Just a question:

What brand of skates do you like most?

Personally I like Missions, I have quite narrow feet and find Bauers a wee bit too wide and Missions are that much narrower, My friend Ryan wouldn't touch anything but Bauer. I'm just curious

Last edited: Mar 26, 2008
  5. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I think Bauers are good ones (lol, or like we call it "Jack Bauer's skate") - When I was kid, I had ones called NHL (I started with those) then I used dad's old skates, don't remember which brand but now I have Koho skates and those are great - but I guess it really depends on your foot... I mean my bro whined about my skates and he has Bauers

About NHL... it really looks like Panthers will sell Jokinen - I hope he gets into good team... and the most important thing... Canucks and Penguins are going to play-offs! Yayayay!

6. flackie_boo

flackie_boo Hit and Run

The playoffs are going pretty well so far, for one of my classes in school we had to do a draft team and since theres only really two of us who know anything about hockey it was pretty easy to get a good team. It's so fun to do. So the top players that my partner and I have are Sidney Crosby, Nigel Dawes, and Sean Avery. Those guys are the ones getting us all the points. Sid got us 4 points last night.

Right now I think the strongest teams in the playoffs are Pittsburgh, Montreal, San Jose, and New York.

Does anyone have it picked yet who they think is going to make it to the finals?

7. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

I personally think we'll probably be seeing Detroit or San Jose against Pittsburgh or Montreal in the finals...but that is just a guess basing off the consistences of each teams play during the regular season and points. I know they say that playoffs is like wiping the slate clean and starting fresh, but you obviously have a slight advantage if you've got momentum an a healthy team heading into the playoffs.

But I won't count out the underdogs. Those teams in 5th-8th spot! They are going in with more of a fight (Our ball hockey team was in last position heading into our playoffs, taking on the first place team, and we knocked them out to advance)! These teams could pull out the big upset over the top ranked teams, with gritty work and determination. In my opinion, I'd watch out for Washington and Calgary!

8. mimic

mimic Hit and Run

I want to see the Penguins and Devils crash and burn. So far the Devils are obliging, but that pesky Crosby kid isn't. *shakes fist in a westerly direction*

There were 10 minutes of penalties in the Flyers-Caps game in the first period. Crazy. If the goalie interference penalty hadn't overlapped with the Caps penalty, half that period would have been 5-on-4.

Edit - Egads! One minute into the 2nd period and ANOTHER penalty on the Flyers.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2008
  9. flackie_boo

flackie_boo Hit and Run

yeah wow the Montreal and Boston series is pretty intense, Boston has come back and it's any body's game in game 7. I guess it's all a matter of who wants it more.

Montreal better win because I want at least one Canadian team in the next round. Canada needs more teams! I have my hopes up for Calgary tomorrow too.

and the Rangers and Pens are the only ones to have advanced so far, we'll have to wait till later tonight to see if Colorado does as well.

10. Ducky

Nooooooooooo :eek: Actually it will be mad for me, if Penguins will play against Canadiens... (well, if they keep winning, they will and it won't be final :p ) grrrr. Me <3 Penguins, but same goes for Canadiens and even I hope Penguins wins after so many goddamn bad years, I guess bigger part of me hopes win for Canadiens, because of Koivu. He won't be playing for many years and would be great if he won Stanley Cup (and of course for Canadiens having so many crappy years behind 'em) - it's the same way than with Selänne and he won finally last year.

Along with all this, World Championships will start soon and I think NHL players, who are out of playoffs are more willing to come to play, since it's held in Canada. At least this year we are not out of goalies :lol: :lol: (there's like 12-14 Finnish goalies in NHL) Kiprusoff has already said he doesn't come but I think we'll have Bäckström. But doesn't matter...

As for WC, I hate our Canadian coach. He was chosen just because he wants to be NHL coach and now he has opportunity, because of the location of this WC. Now we played last Euro Hockey Tour and it was all crap - of course mostly players from our own national league (and Swedish ,Swiss and Russian leagues)

11. mimic

mimic Hit and Run

Pittsburgh won the Super Bowl just a few years ago, so they can't complain! Sure, it's a different sport, but most people from that city care a whole lot more about football than hockey anyway. They almost let their team become the "Kansas City Penguins" for crying out loud!

Anyway, Flyers won. Didn't see the game but heard people who did (they were LOUD after that OT goal) but from what I've gathered the Caps outplayed my guys.

And speaking of droughts, this is the first time since 2004 that the Flyers have made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs. :eek:

12. Ducky

I am a Finn, I don't give a shit about american football. And financial problems were horrible, even they haven't been only team in a crappy state in that league, but like earlier...thank god for having Canadian gift, Mario Lemieux :p

So if we forget that, Penguins won 92-93 last time... I think it's time to win. I just checked the new pairings and I have to say that if Eastern Final will be Penguins vs. Canadiens, I hope Canadiens to win. THen some..:San Jose could win Western (there are just teams I don't care about) - So if I hope Penguins win, they'll lose their Eastern final to Canadiens and then Canadiens go and win Stanley Cup!

I mean I hate Detroit and Colorado... and of course I think of Finnish players and hope team to win where is at least one Finn.

13. mimic

mimic Hit and Run

Yeah, I knew you weren't from Pittsburgh or the US of A. I just see more Steelers jerseys on campus than Penguins even though only thing the Steelers will be doing in months is picking their rookie class, so I refuse to pity the Pens. Also, there's the fact that the last time the Flyers won a Cup was more than a decade before my birth. So despite the Pens missing the playoffs for several years I'm going to argue that the Pens have been more successful in recent memory.

I pessimistically predict that the Flyers lose to Montreal in 5. Pens win in 6. Bah.

14. flackie_boo

flackie_boo Hit and Run

I dunno if the Pens are gonna win, I think that that is going to be a close series. The Rangers have a great team they have Jagr, Drury,Avery, Dawes, Shanahan.. they have lots of good players. The Pens have a great team too they have Crosby and Malkin who are two of the top players in the league and thats pretty damn good. But I think overall it's going to be a tight series and I really have my hopes for the Rangers. I've taken a liking to the Rangers... and I have a Rangers jersey too so that helps it a bit.

But for Montreal and Philly I think the Habs will take it. Philly has a really strong team but I still think the Habs will take it... the series is already 1-0 for my Canadiens :p

15. Ducky

GRRR! STUPID PHILLY! Man, I think I should have cheered for 'em so they'd lost :p
    Oh well, now I hope Pens kick their ass in Eastern final.

And oh! Selänne comes to play in WC! Yay! Too bad games are on again at nighttime in our time :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.