Danny/Lindsay #21: The future’s in the bag!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Moriel21, Jan 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

i think the writers are making this a much more bigger deal than it really is but thats because i am so clueless as to where this relationship is going...one day its cute then suddenly its all angst! i think these two really need to get a break! i mean i LOVED snow day with what happened but its like the next day Danny gets held hostage and yadda yadda yadda.

i am not saying that Lindsay should forgive him right away, by no means at all, but the writers need to step away from this incredibly soap opera storyline.

2. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

There is no official word on anything yet. Until the episode actually airs, everything else is nothing more than speculation. If they broke up (or were even together in the first place) there's nothing that suggest that they won't rekindle things in the future. What we're saying is the mere though of Danny and Rikki doing something is just something we'd rather not see - at all.

If it does happen, it'll happen but it's not going to be something that we would genuinely appreciate happening. We're all rather dramatic here, and that's probably because we've just returned with post-strike episodes, so tentions are running high. It's been a while and I guess everyone wants to see what they want, despite whatever the writers have planned.

No it's not the ship's doom because there will always be shippers for this couple and I cannot see the writers investing in such a long term relationship only to have it fall apart at the end.

The options are limitless, and I would rather Lindsay pull away if Danny were to do something with another woman, because she doesn't deserve to be treated like that. He's NOT doing what she did to him because last I checked, Lindsay didn't go and sleep with someone. I too want a realistic approach, so if anything were to happen, I hope Lindsay isn't too forgiving of Danny's idiocy.

If nothing happens (which is where my vote will lie), then I hope that the writers will change their focal point of interest elsewhere, like eveninstarz14 said, give DL a break (not from each other but from all the drama and limelight). This is a crime show, and I hope the focus stays on that. A little Danny and Lindsay on the side will be alright but they can't continuously put this relationship on trial. They should just leave DL alone for a while and let he relationship progress.

There may be case-related decisions that they disagree on, and that might test their relationship, but that's something more worthwhile watching than seeing Danny and Rikki making a mistake together. There's worthwhile drama, and there's a cheapskate way to try and gain ratings. The cheap way is the one we frown upon.

Like I said, we have no information at all. Which is partly why we're all so confused about the whole ordeal. There hasn't been much confirmation of anything up to this point, which is frustrating, so all is left to next week's much anticipated/dreaded episode and what it will bring.

Whatever the outcome, it won't be the end. I am amazingly calm about all this, strange... :p

3. Dims

Dims Hit and Run

im in complete agreement with this specific statement.
    even if they were not officially together...for all we know...they were def friends with benefits and from Dannys look in the promo when Linds tells him she is in love with him, i get the vibe he is sorry for doing sth wrong....so he probably knows that what he is gonna do to her is wrong.

i hope Linds distances herself from Danny....(and though i am sure her haters will love that, i personally as a big fan of Linds will also be happy). She does not deserve such a rotten behavior and she was doing great on her own before Danny started chaising after her like a lovesick puppy.:rolleyes:

Right now im a bit upset at him but when my anger passes and Linds will be alone and their relationship will become one of flirting/bantering and maybe when jealousy rises once Linds has a new love interest ill want them together again.

i just want the next time sth is hinted or actually happening the whole story will be dealt seriously and we will def know whether they are together or not!

i was just thinking loudly in the spoiler thread and just got this super idea!!!!

i say bring on the Danny/Rikki relationship!!!!this is the best way to get rid of her for good!!!!!! :D

Last edited: Apr 5, 2008
  4. Bella363

Bella363 Prime Suspect

:eek::eek::eek: Well, you go a few days without visiting the thread (naughty I know) to come back and find out about that promo for next week. And my stupid computer is not letting me watch videos on YouTube at the mo .... which is very inconvenient given that i am dying to see what everyone is talking about.

So I am only going on what has been posted here about the promo but holy batmobile !!! I am not sure what is going to happen but it would surprise me to learn that Danny does not consider himself to be in a relationship and/or has changed his mind :brickwall: He pursued Montana for a long time (you don't fly across the country on no sleep for a one night stand) and then changes his mind???? I don't buy that to be honest.

As for the possibility of him cheating :confused: i think , no, I hope that TPTB are just playing with us. If you cannot tell who it is in the promo then there is still hope for us.

And a big shippy welcome to all of the newbies and returnees :) i cannot believe the amount of posts I had to read to catch up - it is great to see everyone supporting our ship.

Does anyone know when we need to start thinking about our new thread title? We could all use the distraction :lol:

PS I think the film with Jon Cusack was "High Fidelity" btw

5. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

If something were to happen, I personally think it would be before Lindsay admits her love to him. I doubt Danny would dare do anything stupid after that. I just really want to know his reaction, if, she's even saying that to him in the first place.

There's a possibility that she's talking about a case, eg. trying to put herself in someone else's shoes. (brainstorming here) That's the big problem with this whole thing, we just don't know what's going to happen, and I believe that is/was the promo's intention. To deceive, rouse and gain interest (which I must sadly admit is working :eek:)

No, she doesn't deserve such rotten behaviour which is why I'm hoping that such a behaviour won't happen in the first place! *sigh* What a complicated situation we're in, I feel so darn used! This is probably exactly what the writers want! Us to get all angry and snippy and then suddenly everything's okay, and lovey dovey and they look like heroes! Oh well, if that's the case, I don't mind :p

I'm a bit upset with him too, and right now, for no good reason, but oh well, he'll understand. There's alot to come of their relationship and I hope TPTB realise that rather than bringing in crappy plots to try and bring in more interest. However, I'm always up for jealous Danny! If they we'ren't in an exclusive relationship, and Danny does the nasty with Ms. Nasty, then Lindsay should go ahead and flirt with everyone else, maybe then Danny will realise, no, she's not a piece of steak side that'll sit and wait until he's done fooling around. She's serious, and she'll move on.

But if all goes well, and I hope it will, then I hope the writers will make their relationship more complete rather than giving us these big plot holes that we can't make heads or tails of.

Dims, I saw your thoughts in the spoiler thread, and haha, it made me laugh. That's one way of getting rid of her (but then they might make an an even longer recurring nasty, in which case, ew). But no, I hope it doesn't come to that. If Danny had feelings for Rikki, he wouldn't have pursued Lindsay. And I'm sorry, but I don't believe any you can bond in that way over death. How cheap is that?

But, I'm up to getting rid of her - for good. Throw her in the tiger cage at the Zoo - that'd be good :lol:

Nor do I, but you can't help but feel slightly anxious with the possibility of being wrong. :eek: Oh the drama...why on earth do we need such negative drama? Can't we get them fighting over who's turn it is to do the washing up? Or cooking... or something like that? Why'd it have to be her... What a waste of a good character which I am now forced to hate by principle. :rolleyes:

Nope, can't be completely sure of who they are at all. (I can't find Carmine's tattoo at all...so let's hope that's a good sign - of good news, not my bad eyesight :lol: )

I believe it's somewhere between 900-950 posts up (if you still have the old no. of posts per page, it should be page 23/24+ [I think] I need to recheck the Shipper Central rules).

I don't think I even knew the title to begin with. :lol: But it was a terribly cheesy movie and just imagining Danny holding up a BOOMbox playing Achy Breaky Heart is enough to get me into a laughing fit. :lol: Hilarious, and soon he'll start complaining about being tired and he'll whine and Lindsay'll kiss him all better :p

6. eveninstarz14

no i looked it up it was SAY ANYTHING with john cusack and Gaelen, you got that song stuck in my head ever since this topic was brought up! darn you! :p I think that the song playing should be Don't Stop Believin' by Journey :D

7. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

^hey, it's a nice song! "But don't tell my heart, my achy breaky heart" :lol:

Oh I wish Billy Ray Cyrus was a DL shipper, it would just make my day learning that kind of information. :lol:

Oh who cares what the movie's called, we know the scene (I believe I recently saw it on an E! Countdown for famous chick flicks or something - dont remember). :p And Danny can change songs halfway through when he's had enough of country music. Haha, but first he has to do some wiggling to Brad Paisley! :D

8. tinieyhasbi

tinieyhasbi Dead on Arrival

9. eveninstarz14

oh man, i love that song too, just watched the video on youtube, but come on! it's been stuck in my head!

*drool* danny dancing to ANYTHING is fine by me! (ok so maybe not polka...haha)

10. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

^ Well certainly not ANYTHING, what if they were suddenly doing the chicken dance :eek: (I thought we could use the laugh) Big NO, NO there!:brickwall:

Okay, okay *shrugs and rewrites her poetry* No angst, but fluff and gutterstuff :p

I totally agree, they come in contact with different cases, victims and suspects every week...it can not be too difficult to put something or someone in there, that causes an argument between them for whatever reason. Why go for the easay and very cliché 'other woman' option, when there's a whole team of brilliant (wel payed :p) writers working on this...Each time I'm here I'm getting more and more convinced that we are being totally fooled by that promo.

Well, that's the thing. Like Liffy said, even Lindsay's statement could be (and I know it's a stretch) case related, so how do we know that Danny's expression is even caused by something she said.

Well, that's a bit harsh...Especially throughout season three, she was definitely not doing great on her own :rolleyes: and I never ever got the impression that Danny was chasing after her like a lovesick puppy with no mind of his own - trying to make someone aware of your feelings in the way he did, doesn't qualify as such...thus far (again based on facts :cool:) the only rotten behaviour we have seen was Lindsay standing him up and saying that she "couldn't be in a relationship" - I like to refrain from judging him, before we know the 'what', the 'when' and the 'why'.

Aaw, I'm sorry hon :(, but at the moment (yeah, big shocker :eek:) I wish I hadn't seen it either...that promo is almost burnt into my retina and I still cannot tell what is happening.

"But don't tell my heart, my achy breaky heart" :lol: I'm guessing, finding out Brad Paisley is a D/L shipper would make your year, right? ;)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2008
  11. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Perhaps Danny needs to learn to square dance? :lol: If he doesn't want to do the chicken dance as Dutch has already mentioned. :p Though now that I'm imagining it...kind of interesting. But I'd prefer him just wiggling slightly. hehe.

And that is why this whole situation is mind boggling. I mean...seriously. It's probably one big April fools joke, but who knows. All we can do is just wait and see, and try and stay sane in the process. (I said try...:p)

We don't even know if his close-up was even a reaction to what she says. The promos have been known to juggle the sequences slightly as well. This is why it's so frustrating. We just don't know! I bet you the writers are up there smiling at themselves for getting us all so worked up. :lol:

I don't remember what I said before, but yeah, Danny wasn't exactly a love sick puppy. He did respect her wishes of holding back the advance when she said she could be in a relationship with him. The rotten behaviour was the standing up part, but I can understand why she didn't want to be in a relationship with him. I just don't understand why the writers decided to go with the standing him up. Perhaps just to create more conflict in herself. I think they wanted us to question WHY she did it, if she'd called, then we'd just be shrugging because she was busy or something minor came up. The fact that she stood him up raised a few flags. Unfortunately, I don't think the approach to the whole Montana shooting was done as best it could.

There's nothing wrong with judging him. It's not like he's done anything. We're saying these things IF he does it, some people just don't get it and are saying we're just being unfair. We're not judging him now, we're judging him based on the possibility of what he might do - that's different to saying he's already done it. He hasn't and we're not saying he has either. Everyone's just jumping, and getting annoyed with each other right now. Wednesday needs to come - now.
    Well there was alot of flames :lol: And I'm guessing we didn't get any promo pictures so they can up the suspense too. *sigh* Why are they so mean to us? All we do is watch the show religiously...but I guess that's not enough anymore huh? :lol:

Yup - for the next 10 years or so. :lol: I've already found out he's also a BSG fan so SQUEE! Hahahaha.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2008
  12. Dims

Dims Hit and Run

As Gaelen very eloquently always states....

my posts stand in relation to my assuption from the promo that Danny does the dirty thing with the grieving mother and Linds's monologue is given because he tells her sth bad.

if none of the above happens then by all means i will accept my false statements and i will stand corrected.

however, and unfortunately i dont believe this is the case.ever since Snow Day in my opinion the dan/Linds story has been given the cold shoulder, treated with no respect at all.....and fans have not been given even one hint of where the specific relationship stands (why should the shows attitude change now?) to me it seems that it won't..... judging from the fact that Danny forgot her birthday and her dissapointed look when he leaves the lab...

my sick puppy comment was probbaly a bit far fetched but that is more my dissapointment speaking....as i will be the first to admit that though i sort of hate Danny right now...i won't mind after a season or two if things start getting better between the two for them to reunite(id actually love that) but only if the whole thing is treated nicely and Linds wont get the shaft again.

(i really hope i make sense...english is not my first language so excuse any incoherent parts):)

13. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

^Aww dont' worry about it Dims. My comments are also made on the assumption that Danny does something bad. We're discussing that so why are people saying we're unfair and that we don't even know what's going to happen? We don't know what's going to happen, we're just saying this is how we'd feel if it happens. Last I checked, that's the purpose of a forum anyway. To discuss, share thoughts etc. If Danny doesn't do anything bad, my statements become negligible as it was about something that didn't take place anyway so what would it matter?

There are so many ways to look at that last look Lindsay gave him when he leaves. Personally I saw it as a mix between slight disappointment but more of worry, as if she's afraid that he's not the same person she once knew anymore. But we don't know and Peter Lenkov said we'd get an idea of where the relationship is but I'm still confused :lol: I do agree that we've somewhat been ignored and we should have gotten some kind of idea of where the relationship stood much earlier in the season. There's a big gaping hole and so I hope that the writers realise with season 4.5 (their words, not mine) patch those up in a way that we can respect and accept.

It's just the way Danny and Lindsay's relationship has been treated; it's been inconsistent. They don't need to seperate to fix that, but if the writers can use the next episode as a new starting point for their relationship, which I hope they do, then I also hope that they'll start to treat the relationship with more respect. The series doesn't HAVE to be all about DL. Seeing them now and again would be great as long as we see progression along the way rather than something big followed by nothing, and then suddenly drama. These things have to be consistent to be well worked and received. I'm sure the writers are more than capable of doing that. They just need to keep consistency in their heads long enough to do so.

14. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

No worries, it's not mine either...:)

I understand that, but I get the impression that (and I totally blame that promo :brickwall:) the opinions are a bit one-sided. From what we've been seeing it is easy to point fingers and make Danny the bad person in all of this, but I still think that a lot of what is going to happen will also be to blame on Lindsay's inadequacy to expres her feelings and to empathize with his.

If they truly are together or when he has given her the impression that they were exclusive and he still does what we are all fearing, than I of course must stand corrected - I hope it won't come to that though...I love being right :p

---

There's another possibility I have not come across here yet. What if it is Danny and Rikki in the promo :eek: and they, for whatever reason, begin to get more intimate (that's all we see those two people in the promo do, right)...and suddenly Danny pushes her away, telling her that he cannot do what they're about to do because it won't bring Ruben back and he's in love with Lindsay...

He later confronts the latter and tells her that he would like to know her true feelings for him, since he nearly did something very stupid when he was in need of some love and almost turned to someone else because he is still not sure about the status of their relationship (join the club Danny ;)) and has been absentminded as a result of that (lame excuse for forgetting her birthday, but a plausible one :cool:).

I may be totally wrong, but that idea made me very happy so this is what I'm sticking to :D

15. Carmine_lover

Carmine_lover Witness

Dutch: You make me so happy:) when i have read you're idea about the promo thing.
    i hope you're right,for the days we must wait i thinking about you're idea,and then it's going to be a great episode.

whell a couple of days to go,and then the new episode,I can not wait to see it.
    in the netherlands they start finally with new episodes,and we got wednesday with the episode boo,i go enjoy that too,i have already seen it,but it's not mather to me,it's a d/l episode,what i loved;).

and we must get soon d/l love,i hope for a big scene.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.