Danny/Lindsay #21: The future’s in the bag!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Moriel21, Jan 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

You can see it here. :)

2. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

"^Danny'd complain about getting tired from holding the BOOMbox up for so long :lol:

But yes, I know what movie you're talking about, and I can't for the life of me remember what it was called either. (corniest thing I've ever seen though). Danny'd probably just sweep her off her feet and ask her to marry him. And if she said no, he'd drop her. :lol:

Oh yeah, that sounds like cheeky Mr. Messer :p" -Gaelen

Well hopefully it won't take Lindsay that long to forgive him! that's me just being hopeful! :thumbsup: (i agree very corny/cheesy!)

I would be an avid listener of the BOOMbox, could there be more than just country though? I am sensing a little Journey or some old school rock n roll!

3. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i was listening to this song by this singer Matt White yesterday after watching the D/L scene from "DOA..." and i thought this one song was perfect for what they might be going through. i put it in a spoiler notice just in case:

"Moment of Weakness"

Hey, I know your mad at me
    I'm on my knees and begging please
    Just stay with me

Temptation's there, it made me weak
    I didn't think you'd care for me
    Like the way you do

Course
    So, please understand
    And give me one more chance
    Cause I don't know what I did that night
    It was a moment of weakness
    I hope that we can be alright
    It's just a moment of weakness

Wasted, can't remember things
    I drank too much and really think
    This is a bad dream

People make mistakes
    You need to know
    Why can't you let it go
    Like I want you to

Course
    So, please understand
    And give me one more chance
    Cause I don't know what I did that night
    It was a moment of weakness
    I hope that we will be alright

Do you hear what I'm saying? Oh
    It didn't mean a thing
    I know your right
    Oh why?

It was a moment of weakness again
    And I just need some forgiveness
    I want you to help me get through this now

It was my moment of weakness
    I just need some forgiveness from you
    Ahhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhh
    Ahhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhh

Oh, just a moment of weakness
    Oh, just a moment of weakness

it's a great song, suggest very much downloading it if you guys can.

if this should go in the D/L soundtrack thread please move it if you have to.

4. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

*comes in carrying cookies with pink frosting* Fluff for all :thumbsup:

I except your apology :D And Im sure D/L does too, for almost giving up on them. Isnt that right guys *knocks on the broom closet* I think they said that you can make it up to them by providing a game of twister, their version. :guffaw: I think I had one too many iced coffees today.

Anyway, Im not really understanding what you guys are talking about [the promo].
    I dont get what you guys are talking about "thats not danny and lindsay, its someone else" These darn promos go too fast, I bet if I payed attention to it, Id see what you guys are talking about but eh, just explan :D

5. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

MTC, I've posted the song in our soundtrack for you. :) But yes, I agree - I love the song and the lyrics would capture their feelings perfectly but I do hope it doesn't go that far, and I do hope Danny's not that big of an idiot to make a mistake like that.

And yes, that's all it would be, a mistake. Nothing more.

If it were to happen and Lindsay is aware that it happens, then I don't think she should forgive him too easily. It's about time that he realise she shouldn't be taken for granted, and her not forgiving him right then and there might make him realise that (and how much he may have hurt her). It's all angsty, but Danny'll come around :) He always does, and when that happens we know there'll be alot making up, and booming going on. :lol:

Oh what about a fluffy fic to go with my recently angsty one? That'll work right? I'll post it up later today then :) Oh but I wouldn't mind sliding a game of twister into the cupboard, but do they have enough space in there, you think? They might just accidentally spill out, literally tangled in each other :lol: Not that we'd mind....

Aww, I love it when someone else thinks it isn't Danny! Cos it's so much easier for me to believe :) I don't think it's him either. I bet you it's TPTB's little plot to get us all sleep deprived from anxiety and fear. And to quote Bo, I think DL shippers all around the world may have suffered a short bout of flu - Angstitis. :lol: Corny but accurate; I know I did. :p

*hugs ILJT*

Dang it, I need a name list... :eek: (This is what happens when you're absent for too long! :lol: Yup, me forgetting names = too long an absence from the thread, got it? :p

6. eveninstarz14

If it were to happen and Lindsay is aware that it happens, then I don't think she should forgive him too easily. It's about time that he realise she shouldn't be taken for granted, and her not forgiving him right then and there might make him realise that (and how much he may have hurt her). It's all angsty, but Danny'll come around :) He always does, and when that happens we know there'll be alot making up, and booming going on. :lol:

well, in regards to the situation that is going on right now, i totally agree with you. although i think that there has been way to much miscommunication between the two. they should of sat down with each other and talked it out but of course this being a tv show that just isnt going to happen *sigh*:rolleyes:

7. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

^Yeah, the need to sit down and talk it out. Make sure they're both on the same page and all that jazz. Oh yeah, and we need to be there watching! :)

I dunno, maybe the upcoming episode will do that. Lindsay does say "I've fallen with you" granted, if she's even saying that to him in the first place and not just quoting someone (I find weird theories come to me in the early hours of the day). Darn promos always leaves fans confused. I think I prefer it when we're not in the promo, and be pleasantly (or not) surprised instead :p

But yeah, I don't want her to appear too needy of him either. They need each other yes, but Lindsay's not going to tolerate that kind of behaviour. Even if she did, I'm sure she'd be harbouring some feelings of resentment towards him, if anything bad were to happen.

But nothing bad is going to happen. We're going to get love. And that's final! :cool:

8. eveninstarz14

see my only problem is though is that the writers hasn't given us enough of what is going on between them to know what is really going on. also does anyone think that this rikki thing happened before this episode aired? and all of those scenes with her are flashbacks?

9. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Technically it should but I'll leave it. Just make sure to put any other songs in the song thread. ;)

10. audacity

audacity Pathologist

That's a nice song...but frankly....cheating is a moment a weakness? I'm sorry but I just can't digest that one. Moments of weakness are eating chocolate when you are on diet trying to lose five pounds or skipping a few classes in college because you really need to shop. :eek: But cheating is a sign that something is not only wrong in the person's life (that is cheating) but something in the relationship. What if Danny keeps having disappointments in life---does he keep continually using those as an excuse to stray or lose his mind? Just throwing some things out there. You all have made some great points, and I'd love to just write it off as a 'moment of weakness'. I really don't want Danny or even Rikki looking bad in this. And that goes for Lindsay as well. But still, none of this should have to happen at all.

I think it's easier to forgive Danny for forgetting her birthday, but cheating is not so easy to forgive. That doesn't mean that IF he cheats that Lindsay shouldn't forgive Danny sometime way after, but she shouldn't be a doormat that's just 'standing by her man' either. If he does in fact cheat, I would hope that Lindsay would give him the boot or tell him to 'saw it off'. But really if something like that does happen, I'm not sure that they should be together in the first place. But all of this is specualation and may not turn out to be anything more than a load of crap. We may or may not be laughing next week, but it's wise to stay nice and fluffy this week. It'll keep everyone from freaking out too much. :lol:

Liff and I have been doing yoga outside of Gutteropolis, and have decided to focus our minds on the fact that everything is perfect. Also, we are focused on the idea that love will conquer all! :cool: :thumbsup:

11. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

^I tried Tai Chi but I don't have very good balance in the state of mental and physical health I'm in. :lol: Anyways, you're right auda, love will conquer all! Even if it means we spend the rest of the season in DL-denial :p

Yes, I agree, but the last time I said that, I got whacked by ILJT for being unfluffy. :lol: But nvm. I wouldn't like to see Lindsay simply stand by and watch him hurt her. No, she should kick out and end it, maybe then he'll realise the opportunity he's wasting. He spend the last year trying to get close to her and now that she's letting him in slowly, he does a 180? Talk about a character betrayal, I can't see Danny doing that at all. He's a very emotional man, but he's not a man-whore like many portray him as. If turns out to be one, that I wonder why anyone would actually like him. You'd have to be pretty shallow to like someone like that. 'Saw it off' yeah, definitely kick him out of her life for the mean time. And if it's that bad, she should saw 'it' off. :lol: Ouch. But, I'm going to keep hope that it's all just a plot to rile us up. We'll get those lovely scenes we're promised without any betrayal from either side.

If it is them in the first place, I hope to god it's a flashback because otherwise, I'm going to lose all respect for Danny. He's not all that big a deal anyway...there are other people who are better looking, more well rounded, and more interesting people out there. We shouldn't have to deal with Danny being an oversized idiot in any situation.

If he wants to take things slow fine, if he doesn't think he's ready, fine, I just hope he doesn't become pretentious. That would be a serious no no. But he wont be, because we know he loves her too, and although he might be afraid of saying it right then and there, I hope he does something that makes Lindsay know he cares, but just isn't quite ready or prepared to say it yet. :) Aww....

I feel like watching a fluffy picture!

[​IMG]

See that? They said they were glad it happened. If it was just for sex, you don't stick around to snuggle. One-night stands are always awkward :p They were so relaxed like they wouldn't rather be anywhere else in the world (and rightly so) ;)

Love love love!

"Love is in the air....ladidadida....Love is in the air!....I dont know the worlds to song I'm singing so I'm making it up as I go....ladidadida."

:D

12. Carmine_lover

Carmine_lover Witness

when after i've seeing the episodes a couple of days a go.

Well i was really curious about that episode,When i saw it,danny forget her birtday:wtf:,maybe i can't believe it because always remember from everey person when his or her birthday is,But he is a guy and i for give him.
    I like the scene from the birthday thing,lindsay show him what she thinks is importing,he said boom:),the little smile of lindsay was great,i love danny when he said's boom.
    And the scene with the camera was also great,we get d/l action;)

Dutch by the way thank you for posting the pictures,I'll see het watching sad too.

I have seeing the promo,and i tought it was shocking danny cheating lindsay i can't believe it,i really hoped it's lindsay who he has kissing,not someone else,it's lindsay lindsay,but im scared im not right,i'ts going then become agreat storyline,but they must get to gether,i've it's another woman,she most not forgive him so soon.
    And i'm falling i love with you a great convassion,what will he says on that,promo's are always not what it looks like the real episode.
    i can not wait:)

whell not longer then a week.:)

13. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Yes, a little over 4 days before we actually find out what really is going to happen. Spoilers and promos can be misleading, and this time, I hope they are. I'm all for Danny and Lindsay's relationship to "deepen" but if it's going to need another woman for Danny to realise that he already has what he wants, then I wonder what the future for our ship will be.

*smacks self* I'm being angsty again. :p Think fluffy thoughts! Fluffy thoughts! Everyone is freaking out over the promo, so I'm going to just say, take a deep breath and just re-live the amazing moments we have had so far :)

Dutch, let's picture spam! I'm gonna try and post DL's interaction since the start (a visual episode guide - one pic per episode ;) ) You up for it?

We'll here's the first :) and as always, Danny can't keep his eyes off her...

[​IMG]

Love love love! :D

14. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

Hi! Welcome :)…I am sorry but I still have no idea who those people in the promo are and I’ve no additional spoilers besides those we are already discussing here – just read back the spoilers in the last few pages…:cool:

You're welcome sweetie, and it’s great that you were able to see the ep ;)

It’s even worse than that.:eek: There has been NO communication between them and that is what is probably gonna cause a lot of problems in the near future. And because of that I have my own theory. I think a lot of you will not like what I’m gonna say :scream: and I hate to be the voice of reason, but I have to get it of my chest:

Frankly I’m getting a bit tired of people calling Danny a cheater and/or a man-whore. :brickwall: There is fact and there is fiction and although I wish a lot of what we think were true, we have to step back and look at what we really know.

There has been tension built-up between them in season 2 and 3 and at the end of season 3 in SD that tension erupted and they slept together - without regretting it. Since then they have not discussed what was going on between them, there has been no more sleeping together, dates or whatsoever. Lindsay has been hinting at the more intimate part of their relationship a couple of times and at those moments Danny merely smiled and/or looked uncomfortable.

When someone is to blame in this current situation it is Lindsay :eek:. Danny did so much for her and showed that he cared about her in so many different ways (including flying across the country for her) and still she sleeps with him after a bet and never tells him how she truly feels or that she will be there for him when he needs her – what is he suppose to think? :borg:

So that’s why (hoping that TPTB follow their facts too :p) my speculation is as follows:

If something happens or has happened between Danny and Rikki it was probably two grief struck people trying to escape the harsh reality and finding some comfort in each other without even pretending or thinking that it is the start of something more – those things happen :( and I can even understand it.

When Lindsay finds out and realizes how much it hurts her, she finally snaps and confesses (to herself and Danny) that she has fallen in love with him, it could be the break-through they both needed – Lindsay gets to open up her heart and be there for him and Danny finally realizes that she feels the same for him as he feels for her.
    After that ^ rant I hope I will not be hunted by a mob with pitchforks and torches chasing me out off GutterVille – after all my conclusion is the same: Love will conquer all!

Of course I’m up for it! And I’d love it when others join in too.:D

Your pic was from 2x03 ‘Zoo York’, I’ve posted the D/L episode guide here, people can check there which eps had D/L moments or not.

2x04 – No D/L
    2x05 – No D/L
    2x06 – Youngblood:

[​IMG]

Already going to clubs together :lol:

15. audacity

audacity Pathologist

Dutch---that's an interesting angle: Lindsay's fault. It's always easy for us girls to blame the women, isn't it? I do get where you are coming from though. But franklly, both would be to blame in this situation. We may not see a lot of evidence of a relationship, but the writers/producers have stated that they are together and that in fact they were happy---even if they didn't dwell on it. Just because Lindsay is now saying that she loves him doesn't mean that he has been the one that has been confessing his love without her returning it. If anything all season, she has shown a lot to him and even tried to talk to him more seriously in episode two of this year. If he cheats, he cheats. But at least be honest with the girl. That is what I don't like. If he just fools around and doesn't tell her because---hurting is the reason to have sex, then he is the bad guy here. But if he's been open and honest with her and she hasn't returned the feelings, then it is a different story. We'll have to see. But somehow I see Danny coming out smelling like a rose---because he is worshipped and it's easy to blame the woman for everything. :( Personally, I don't see Danny as a cheater. It's the writers they may or may not paint him in that way. I'd rather see this end up being a big misunderstanding.

The D/L relationship is either going to end or going to be stronger. Hopefully their relationship won't be so sketchy. But if he does decide that he wants Rikki because Lindsay isn't emotionally his type or whatever, then I hope that he will be open and honest enough to tell her right away. He really opened up to her before she opened up to him in LRC, so I hope that honest, sincere part of him continues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.