Danny/Lindsay #21: The future’s in the bag!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Moriel21, Jan 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

MTC, Carmine was probably joking about the whole "they're either going to have a child or break up" part. Besides, I'm sure the writers already have plans on what they're going to do with D/L. It wasn't really a whirwind relationship if you count on the fact that Lindsay turned him down at first and they had already known each other for a while before that (does 1 season = 1 year?). So I think they have a solid foundation to keep a relationship going.

They're definitely not boring to watch and those little shared looks are to die for. As for the child, well...I wouldn't mind a baby Messer :D

Danny and Rikki? I doubt it. Danny's probably known Rikki for a while now, so if he was attracted to her, wouldn't he have already asked her out? What? He waits for the child to die THEN asks the mother out? Sorry, I can't see that. You'd have to be pretty screwed up to do that and I don't think Danny's at that level of stupidity. Danny/Rikki? Come on. Even if he is racked with guilt he wouldn't sleep with her. He's not going to give her sex in payment of losing her child. That's just stupid.

2. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

*Comes in grabbing some of Dani's M&M's* Sorry I've been mia again, I now have six days off (yeah me!) and I'll try to pop in more often.

I think Lindsay can get a little pissed at how often he 'leaps before he looks', but it is just a part of his spontaneous character and although it might get him in trouble at times, it is so much part of him that she loves this little flaw.

And Danny perhaps can be a little annoyed at times by her lecturing, but that drive to find out every little detail about something and the passion to share her knowledge with others is what especially the scientist in him really admirers and adores. :)

No, I somehow can not see that happening, but I think in a way they count on Mac's perceptiveness and his ability to know everything. They will not let it interfer with their jobs, but they will not keep an akward distance either, so after a while everyone will have noticed that they're together and when asked I'm sure they won't deny it :lol: As if that were possible :rolleyes:

I totally agree, although some of their character trades sometimes annoy us, it would be even more annoying AND totally boring when they were perfect people, with perfect little lives :scream: *yawns*. And as a consequence of not being perfect they end up on trouble and it's up to them and their flaws to handle those situations the best they can.:)

I'm really curious what that dialogue Lindsay is gonna have will be about. Will we finally have everything out in the open or will it leave us (and them) even more confused. The remark about either having a kid or ending it was probably Carmine's way of saying that at this point he has absolutely no idea where TPTB are heading with the D/L relationship.

That bit about Rikki confused me a bit too, especially since it's now confirmed that she will return in at least one upcoming ep. Perhaps Danny is gonna struggle with his feelings for her, confusing pity and shared sorrow with love and Lindsay is gonna be the one to call him on that. I agree with Liffy; Danny and Rikki have known each other for a while and there were no indications that is has ever been more than just friendship between them, it would be silly to start that now when the one person that connected them has died. And although Ruben's death is another 'connection' I don't think it is a healthy one to base a romantic relationship on

Later :)

3. JenP

JenP Police Officer

Hi guys! Finally some news about NY, and do I like interviews!

I liked the interview a lot. It's great to read something about Danny and Lindsay. And it's good that the actors are also wondering a bit about what the thing is with D/L. I do hope there will be some sort of explanation about the lack of D/L this season. But Danny and Rikki? Maybe Rikki will fall in love with Danny, although that doesn't seem very logical because of Rueben's death. In a way, she held Danny responsible for that. I seriously hope tptb will make a storyline for D/L handling this difficult part.

4. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Re: Danny/Lindsay #21: The future’s in the bag!

I have to say i'm expecting not the happiest ending to it.
    Rikki and Danny seem to have something whether its just over Rubens death or it was something we never saw off screen but when we first see her it seemed rather like there is something.

I think i'm wierd thinking i actually like that no one seems to know where its going it can be done in soo many ways and they keeping hush til they know the right way.

I'm intrieged as to how they sort it if i'm honest i don't want a happy ending cos CSI is not a soap, a half happy i can deal with but ends happy would be a little far fetched. But then the way carmine described it its not been confirmed they are even together and its more casual.

I'm kind of thinking this is the "bump"

5. kcatlin

kcatlin Victim

I hope not, cause that would be a very big a$$hole move on tptb part. That would be terrible, lead us to believe something is going on between D/L ie: the promo shot of them on the beam, him hopping on a freaking plane to help her when he knew she needed it, him chasing her for a whole season; then him having a thing with the neighbor lady right under our and Lindsay's nose??

I hope she is just someone he helped when she needed it. Someone Lindsay helped when she needed it.

6. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Wow, the last time I was here is so long ago, and so much changed. I hope, my post will work! :D

That's exactly what I thought! I mean, they needed so long to build up their relationship. And Danny was so faithful in season 3, although they weren't even a couple. And he flew to Montana for her. And now, when he finally is together with her- why should he cheat on her? This reminds me of a German soap opera- something like this happened not long ago, and although it was a soap opera, it seemed to be totally unbelieable. I really can't see any reason why Danny should cheat on Lindsay, why he should fall in love with Rikki or sleep with her. First I really worried about that, but the longer I think about it the more I start to believe that they won't do something like this. This would just cause too much drama, and would affect the whole time.

7. Bella363

Bella363 Prime Suspect

The weekend at last ! And in my usual belated manner, congrats to Liffy and Catey for their promotion to Pathologists :thumbsup: !! I am very jealous of your fancy new title as I cannot wait to ditch the 'Hit and Run' title. I seem to have been stuck on it forever :lol:

And welcome to the board KCatlin - I am sure that you will enjoy the thread!

I totally agree with you Dani. As much as I want to see confirmation of our favourite pairing (please god!!), I do not want to see them together 24 7. i think Danny and Lindsay will still keep doing things separately but be safe in the knowledge that they are there for each other when needed.

God, that is a tough one :rolleyes: I think Lindsay would be upset that Danny shuts her out when things get tough, but part of her would understand that it his survival instinct kicking in ... which would make it inherent in way. As for Danny, i think that Lindsay's natural enthusiasm for her work could be irritating but it comes from a good place - she wants to her job as well as she can. Hope that makes sense - I can never seem to answer these questions as eloquent as the rest of you :) But everyone has flaws (even me :guffaw:) and being in love means that you see their flaws but still love them. Doesn't someones signature on here say something along those lines?

What ? I am sure that Mr G likes to play with us fans. A part of me still thinks that he dated Rikki previously but heaven forbid that they mess with DL!!

PS I'm sorry for any typos - had my nails done today and not quite used to them yet :p

8. dl_shipper34

dl_shipper34 CSI Level One

Ahoy there dutch! *tackles her shipper buddy and gives her big huggles* Glad you've joined us. You too Dani and Brinchen :)

I still don't know how to use the spoiler box, so I'll just say my piece without revealing anything...I always have and always will stand by the fact that TPTB are not going to invest two years into DL only to throw it away. If Danny does something to mess up his relationship with Lindsay, I hope that A) she kicks his sorry ass to the curb, and B) Flack gives him hell for screwing up the best damn thing in his life.

No relationship can go along smoothly. There will always be something that tests your strength and courage. That's one of the things that I love about DL - they're not perfect. Hell, even Mac isn't, and he's the all-knowing Mac Taylor ;). Besides, as Liffer's old banner used to say..."Your imperections make you perfect."

I have a question for all of you. It's a deep and profound question, but I think it will generate some great discussion.

What does shipping DL mean to you? How does it affect you emotionally and psychologically?

I'll get the ball rolling. DL is my solace, my safe place. When I'm feeling upset about something that happens in real life, I can think about DL and be happy. It's almost like an escape for me. I can connect with them - especially Lindsay - and I get a blissful feeling out of shipping them. Yes they are a fictional pairing, but I still feel like I can relate to them and their backstories. I have also met wonderful people through this pair, and I wouldn't change it for the world.

Just something to think about ;) have a good night everyone! Less than two weeks until new episodes return.

9. kcatlin

kcatlin Victim

Well I can tell ya they take over my mind half the time. I get the oddest scene in my head and I have to write it. My school work hates them LOL

10. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Hiya all! *Liffy stops by the thread with a plate of freshly baked apple pie* :) How's everyone doing so far? Ready for the new eps? Well it's not long now and we'll be back to the usual schedule of jumping up and down every wednesday night! (Or Friday morning in my case). :lol: Yes, not long now! 12 Days is nothing.

O-M-G. You spelled "imperfections" wrong and the only thing I saw was "erection". :guffaw: *tries to breathe* I so need to get my head out of the gutter sometimes, it's always there these days. :lol: But yes, their imperfections are why they love each other and are just so darn cute and perfect. (BTW, I think Catey's using that banner now, not 100% sure.)

Sorry to say, but I'm getting tired of this whole Rikki business. If you think about it, I mean REALLY think about it, it's stupid. Danny's not a prostitute, therefore he isn't going to give Rikki sex to pay for his mistakes and make her feel better. Seriously. If TPTB did the whole Rikki thing, he's nothing better than one and said word I will label him for the rest of his life.

Seriously, I think Danny means more to TPTB then that.

Anyways, now that I'm tired of discussing that^^, let's bring up a new topic! like Stuffy's done. You really are my evil twin. Wubs you! :D

I have a pair of muses called Danny and Lindsay, they are indefinitely connected to the real DL and I wubs them very very very much. Although DL doesn't run my life (though I wish it could, but strangely enough, it doesn't pay the bills or get you through college like it naturally should), I do seem to get DL in my head at least 90% of the day. Something about DL's in my head as the muses do their thing. When they're bored, smut appears, and like me, they bore easily. (you do the maths :D)

I think DL is a symbol of how 2 imperfect people, with their own troubles and history, can be together and make it work. They're total opposites on some things yet so alike in others, and they have the most ADORABLE grins/chuckles/rolling of eyes together. :)

They pairing seems so "real" and totally not fake. A guy with Danny's looks doesn't always end up with the prettiest girl/guy in real life, and DL just highlights that. Lindsay's such a normal and down to earth girl, not really someone you expect Danny to have wanted to be with in the first place, but for some reason, she stole his heart and that's just the perfect love story, complete with bumps, bruises and pool table smex. :)

Yay for pool table smex! And because I just love that scene, here it is again!

[​IMG]

You're lucky they only take over half the time. They get more of my head than I let them. They're sneaky that way. :lol: General RL hates them! :guffaw:

And for all the newbies (since my PB is finally working);

[​IMG]

Right-o. Now I've gotta jet. Happy Friday everyone and happy shipping! :D

11. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Aw, the Welcome-picture is great!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, to the question:

What does shipping DL mean to you? How does it affect you emotionally and psychologically?

Well, I think I agree with what Stuffy said. For me it's an escape from real life. Real life can be hard, and exhausting, and pretty annoying. That's why there's nothing better for me than sitting down behind my TV and watching a CSI:NY epi (nore specifically watching DL moments). I love thinking about them, it makes me happy and it makes me feel better. I also love Lindsay so much, because her character has so much in common with my personality.

I think, shipping DL is a nice balance to real life. That's also why I'm writing so much. It helps me. I just love shipping this couple. And I'll always love them.

*makes note: watching some nice DL moments tonight*

So, have a great weekend everyone!

12. Carmine_lover

Carmine_lover Witness

what does shipping DL means to you?how does it affect you emotionally and psychologically?

well everey day i think about them,most of all if i go to bed,sometimes i'have dreams about them,in my life is nothing perfect if i'm sad i'm thinking about d/l because what gaelen sad you don't expect that danny a good looking guy have feelings for a girl like lindsay who is not the hottest good looking girl but a normale girl from earth.
    and he really loves her i think.
    there live is not perfect but the make the best the can do.
    when i'm down and thinking or see them i laugh,it makes me feel good.
    because the're so sweet together,the're flirting to gether is great to see.
    a have day is about danny and lindsay most of the days then.
    they stoles eachothers heart,but they did it for my to,i loved to see d/l on the tv screen.

13. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Well, so much for me having to jet off, I'm back! :lol: It's absolutely impossible for me to leave this thread alone :)

Right, there's exactly 12 days to go till the new episode reasons, so let's try stating a few reasons why you think D/L deserves to be together. :)

Shall I start?

1. They bring an air of normality and comfort to the show. They're both not impeccably perfect looking, and thus shows that normal people can fall in love, work through their problems and stay together.
    2. Their chemistry isn't fake. It doesn't feel/look forced at all. Their banter flows, and sounds natural to everyone around them :)
    3. They give me dirty thoughts throughout the day that puts Paris Hilton's video to shame. :devil:
    4. They've gone through alot to get to this point in time. Lindsay had to push the one thing she wanted away (which admittedly is much harder than it sounds) and Danny, as stubborn as he is, didn't feel like sitting back and letting her go. That's love baby!
    5. They mean alot to each other; Danny knows Lindsay's worth more than the plane ticket he spent flying to Montana.

I wish I could figure out their secret. They make me grin like an idiot everytime I think about them and I can't put my finger on why. :p Maybe it's that chemistry that they just ooze when they're together. Seriously, don't you just want them to make out everytime you see them in a room together? :lol:

A DL day is a good day. And *gasp* we've been forgetting about the hump days lately :eek: (Thank goodness Mo isn't here or she'll whack us all). A good day doesn't exist without a single DL thought. :)

14. sherry

sherry Dead on Arrival

Living in the UK I'm not up to date on full episodes,what I know is based on these pages and Sugah's videos on You tube.I don't know what the rules are in america, but I know in the uk tptb in police forces would not accept their officers having a relationship with someone who planned to murder someone- no matter what their reasons. Surely this would stop Danny having a relationship, other than friendship, with Rikki?

15. PintSizeGenius

PintSizeGenius Lab Technician

Hey guys! :) I don't think I've posted since the board changed, so sorry if this post doesn't work. Sorry I've been MIA for ages, but RL has been getting in the way. But I'm off school for about 3 weeks, so I should be able to post more often.

So, to answer the question: What does shipping DL means to you? How does it affect you emotionally and psychologically?

Like many have said, DL is my RL escape. But it's more than that for me. I used to be... I wouldn't say depressed, but I wasn't happy with my life. But, when I started shipping DL, I met you guys, and I had something to look forward to, something to be happy about. And I wouldn't go back, even if I could.

Wow, that was deep! :lol: I better go, guys. L8erz xxx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.