Danny/Lindsay #21: The future’s in the bag!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Moriel21, Jan 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dl_shipper34

dl_shipper34 CSI Level One

Of course Mac knows :p he's the all-knowing Mac Taylor. Even some of my friends know they're dating...and they don't even watch the show!

Hmmm...well, I think maybe a Beagle. Because they're adorable. Or maybe a Golden Retriever, except that they are really popular. Oh! What about the breed that Otto is? A Caine Terrier, if I'm not mistaken. Those dogs are cute :)

Ahhh, good question Auda! In terms of Danny, I think one of his flaws is that he's too hot-headed. Maybe he gets too wrapped up in things and that can sometimes blind him from other aspects. For Lindsay, maybe one of her flaws would be...umm...*thinks*...y'know, I can't think of any! Funny how I could find one for Danny but not Lindsay, eh? I don't know...maybe she still needs to grasp the fact that there is a killer? Maybe her past hinders as well as helps her present and future.

We still love 'em though, even with their flaws *snuggles her DL*

*giggles* I can see Sid maybe coming out from the morgue and heading for their shared office to give them some results, and he walks in on them hugging or sitting really close to one another, and he just looks at them, smiles, hands them the file, and walks out without a word. But it would also be great if Mac or Stella walked in on our couple hugging or something ;)

Cheers mates! *hugs all her buddies before skipping off*

2. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Like I said, I think Mac knows something is going on between the two, like there's something been going since they set their eyes on each other the very first time, but right now I think he's guessing with the rest of them regarding how deep the relationship has become.

I'm a little on the wall on this one, but do you guys think they'd go up to Mac and tell him that they're in a relationship? As courtesy, because he's their boss, and to somehow explicitly tell him that it won't affect their work? It sounds a little...weird, but still possible. Danny doesn't strike me as someone who'd advertise his relationship with anyone. He seems like a pretty private person too.

Blame my muse, you know the two ;) And besides, the last time I painted a settled-down Danny, you said it was too tame. :lol: But yeah, I'm glad Danny's settling down and whatever bad boy business he has is all Lindsay's fault. He just can't help himself when she wiggles her bum at him :)

Umm, I'm not very familiar with dog breeds but something small and not very high-maintenance I guess; they're busy people. Maybe a small breed too so it's not always going to be in the way of anything.

I think Lindsay likes the fact that Danny's a very emotional person just like she can be, and although some see it as a flaw when it comes to their line of work where they should try to be objective. Although his emotions can very well get the best of him sometimes, I think that's an inherent flaw that she accepts.

For Lindsay, I think Danny realises that sometimes it's a little hard for her to let people in, even though she may want to. I'm not sure how that status has changed in the current season since we've had minimal contact between Danny and Lindsay and it's hard to say how "close" they really are emotionally.

Danny and Lindsay should go undercover, as a couple, because they'd be completely natural about it. Unfortunately, the nature of their work doesn't exactly call for undercover work. They are...lab geeks :D It would be funny though if their relationship played a bigger park in one of the cases that they work, perhaps Danny had taken Lindsay to a restaurant the previously and a murder occurs there after sometime after they left. They could play a part in trying to recall the people they saw (and I can see Danny a little red when asked what they were doing), and other details like that. Both Danny and Lindsay having explicit knowledge of the food their food/menu would be hilarious to watch.

I still want an emotional/caring scene between D/L. It would make a great confirmation scene if we get to see the extent of the care that they have for each other. And Lindsay needs to flirt with someone to make Danny jealous so they can have another exciting and fun-filled game of pool. :cool:

3. kcatlin

kcatlin Victim

Mrs

Hi!! :p I am new to this board, but am not really new to D/L. I know a lot of you are on my LJ friends list, and some of you are on D/L chem board.

Just wanted to say hi!

4. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

I love them particularly because of their flaws. I mean, if they were absolutely perfect then I probably wouldn't be shipping them as dearly as I do. They have the air of normality around them. They have to face troubles, it's not a big ol' fairytale, they get frustrated with each other and they're fun to watch. Perfection is boring.

I was trying to picture that with one of the other office scenes that we've had so far over the past seasons. No.1, I really don't get how the whole shared office works because Stella now apparently has her own, and the rest non-existant. But whatever, they can be sitting together in the break room and he's got his arms around her waist because he was bored and just poking her here and there, and she was trying to make him get back to work, and out of no where Sid's sitting on the table grinning at them. Somehow, I think Danny would just grin back and continue whatever he was doing. :p

It would be funny if Danny and Linds had a momentary memory lapse and forgot that glass walls are see-through, and that Mac and Stell can probably see them from their offices. :lol:

Welcome to the board kcatlin! Hope you stick around and bring some life into this quickly deserting thread *glares at everyone else*

5. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

I've always pictured that Mac just knows it like a secret thing that they didn't need to tell him but he knew. So if they attempted to tell them he wouldnt ask but just say keep it out of the office and leave it.

Same with Flack in a way I thought because when Lindsay asked for his help I don't know what it was that made me go hmmm.

I always imagine if they have any intimate moments it being on the way back from scenes if its the 2 of them even if its just quiet conversation it seems the best place that its discreet.

6. dl_shipper34

dl_shipper34 CSI Level One

Alright, I'm here Liffers. Getting tired of talking to yourself, eh? Mayhap you should go and talk to Linds :) that ought to keep you busy for a long while :devil:

Ahoy there kcatlin!! Glad to see you round these here parts. The thread is unusually quiet, but within the next few weeks I'm sure people will start popping by again *huggles and daisies*

Everyone has flaws, but it's those flaws that make us better as individuals. And I'm glad it's not just a "big ol' fairytale", because I enjoy watching their flaws. You learn from your mistakes, and if you were perfect in everything you do, you wouldn't gain any knowledge.

Good point Liffers. While she has gotten better at it, Lindsay still has a bit of trouble letting people inside. She built these walls around herself that Danny tore down without a second notion. Her past and stubbornness have made her that way, but she is finally able to let someone in to her heart. And aren't we glad she decided to do so :D

Oooo, I like the idea of Danny having his arm around her in the breakroom :) that would definitely spark some reactions. *giggles*

7. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Re: Danny/Lindsay #21: The future’s in the bag!

I can imagine that totally in the couple way but also can imagine in the innocent way as friends or leaning over her to see something.

Start off all awww coupley then ahh someone walks in the sudden need to put an arm round her to see a piece of paper she has... clever

I'm wierd like that.

8. kcatlin

kcatlin Victim

I've had this mental image in my head lately, of them arriving to a scene on his bike, because (ala Mac and Peyton) Lindsay gets called in and Danny goes just because where she goes he goes **giggles**

BTW thanks for the welcome :)

9. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

I don't think Mac would be a very good CSI and supervisor if he didn't notice the way Danny and Lindsay act around each other. Granted they've been pretty discreet thus far in the lab (too discreet maybe?) he probably knows and if they do try and tell him, it would only confirm what he already knows. Nothing new there. I think it's impossible for them being outed as a couple to be news to anyone. People would probably be saying "about time" or..."you mean you didn't know?" :lol:

Flack probably knows, and has known about them from the very beginning. He strikes me as a pretty observant person and Danny's his best friend. I don't think something that big could pass Flack so easily. He's a bit like Danny's older brother isn't he? :)

What does Mayhap mean? :lol: I'm just kidding. I've already talked to Linds. She's bored too and angry with you. :D *hugs Linds*

You forgot boring. Perfect people are B-O-R-I-N-G. Even fairytales have drama...and there's always a reason for it despite the corny endings :)

Yes we so are! Glad and very glad that she's letting Danny in. It's usually like that...putting walls around you will keep certain people out but there will always be someone that can pass through like the walls weren't even there. :) Said person would be Danny of course!

Yeah, like grunts and annoyed looks from into-Danny's-pants hopefuls and warm smiles from their team mates and all who are happy for them. :) *sigh* D/L I <3 You!

Hahaha! That would be funny to watch but I can't put it past Danny to do something like that. But what if they're caught making out in the car park or something :lol: "I was giving her mouth-to-mouth practice!* You know...he could probably convince some people with that :lol:

Aww that's a totally squee-worthy scene right there kcatlin :D Danny can be her ride since he's not working and he might as well pop in and help since he'd be thinking about her when he's all alone at home anyway :)

Sorry kcatlin, I usually have a welcome banner but photobucket is being a cow. :eek:

10. catey1234

catey1234 Pathologist

Welcome to the D/L thread here, Kcatlin! I'm sure you will see alot of familiar faces, and a bunch of new ones, but rest be assured, you've come to a nice little thread. It's nice you found your way here.

I'm not sure if the next part needs to be in a spoiler box, but I will place it there anyway.

Regarding the interview with Carmine, I found it a great read, if a little confusing. Carmine seemed a little all over the place, he had so much to say about everything, including our D/L pairing, which seems to confirm some D/L in future episodes, as well as some drama occuring in a possible triangle. It's a great read, check it out in the CSI FIles section here. No one knows what TPTB have in store, and even he didn't seem to really know where things are headed. I find it great that he had a lot of positive things to say, his sense of humour really shines through.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  11. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Hey guys, the Carmine interview can be found here.

For the spoiler free, be warned that there are spoilers for future episodes.

Also, you guys do great with the spoiler boxes so please keep in mind that any discussion about the interview in relation to future episodes, needs to be under the new spoiler code.

12. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Thanks for the link Rhonda :thumbsup:

Well, once again Carmine manages to make everyone shift to the edges of their seats. In all seriousness though, the man goes everywhere in that interview. Like Catey said, we're definitely getting a D/L soon sometime soon but the manner of which it will be delivered are still unknown (apparently to him as well). As far as Rikki is concerned, I know alot of DL shippers don't like her because of the possible "threat" that she may pose - but eh, a love triangle? If that happens...well, the centre of the show is going to shift from the cases to the drama...which doesn't really make this a crime show anymore. I highly doubt that that's the road the writers are going to take.

As far as DL is concerned, I can't wait for the monologue that Anna's supposedly going to be giving, hopefully get alot of insight into her view of their relationship and what's to come for them. Somehow, I imagine it as being another memory or something because I wonder if they (the writers) are going to spend alot of time away from a case.

Let's hope that Rikki's return has a purpose - a good one. :) I'm suprisingly still calm about it all. Weird.

And remember - this is Carmine, he's been known to cause trouble before in his interview so taking him too seriously isn't really wise. It'll just give you unnecessary grief. :p

13. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

*watches as people rub their eyes* :p Yes, people, it's me. I know it's been quite a long time, but young shipper Dani (am I still the youngest around?) is back. I heard we were a unusually quiet around here, but at least from me, I'll be spreading the D/L love and obviously, the squeeing they cause...You just can't help noticing the former and doing the later. Can we? :D I hope you guys still remember me. And well, for all of those who might have come meanwhile, nice to meet you all, and I'm glad you joined! And I bring M&M's *throws them in every direction*

True, very true. Come to think of it, sometimes we might get slightly annoyed by a character's attitude, but really that's just what happens in RL, people have flaws and do things that were better done in some other way. I like when TV goes beyond the perfect vs. horrible characterization, because there's the middle, and there's the things people do right, and the stuff people do not so right. I'm glad they have flaws. Sometimes I wish they didn't show them, because I didn't want to see the situation (as you try to avoid trouble everyday), but in the end it's the best for the show development, I suppose.

Hey there kcatlin *waves*
    Aw, that's sweet :) I'd like to see that happen, although I know it won't. Maybe we can just imagine them arriving in Gutterville. But while I do agree that it would be a beautiful scenario, I also have to say that I wouldn't like to see it if they just kept following each other around at all times. Sometimes it's ok and it's cute but I like when couples still have personal lives and don't just stop doing what they normally did just because they'd have to be separate at that moment. I think people can enjoy their moments together and still be able to do things by themselves if needed, or even just to keep the relationship healthy (and isn't being without that one person difficult?). Sadly at the moment, Danny and Lindsay seem to be doing that no problem. Well, I think we just don't see all their secret joy (apart from spying their Gutterville mansion, that is :lol:), and they're obviously capable of keeping it low profile at work.

And, because even with the known by all delay I have in the episodes, season 4 has started recently, I just watched "You Only Die Once", aka the Batmobile vs. Mach 5 episode. I really liked it! Overall, it was exciting, not too heavy emotionally and so it had some funny lines. Needless to say I enjoyed Danny and Lindsay's discussion about what the best car was. Their teasing is always good! ;) But I got all excited because of their attitude by itself, I love how Lindsay gives him her big grin and enthusiasm, while he shows it in his discreet smile. It's just totally adorable, it shows how they both enjoy each other's company but they don't show it in the same way. Or so it seems to me.

Did I like this interview or what? It's always good to have some insight of the show from the actor's perspective, although sometimes it seems (and they even say so) that they don't really know what's coming up.

Either way, the fact that we're definitely having something is already a plus by itself. We just need something. We can't go on without having them explaining what's going on afterall.

There's going to be talking and exposing their feelings, particularly Lindsay's view of their relationship? Awesome :D I think that's crucial. Considering that in 'Love Run Cold' Danny was the one doing all the talking, now it's her turn :p

The fact that it's either taking it seriously or just ending it completely might be a little nerve-wracking if you think of both possibilities, but it was predictable. I think they have everything to make it work and make it serious (well, they'd have already, we just wouldn't know by now). Ending it all, well, that's a possibility, obvious, but let's think happy thoughts and that it won't happen. As Liff said above, no need to think too much of those possibilities for now, without any more details or anything really.

We're going to have them talking about it, we're going to have some possible much needed answers and explanations, and that leaves me very excited. I can't wait to have something to explore and discuss about. Yay for Carmine letting us know.

And that's it from me for now.

14. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Dani!!! Yay for you being back sweetie! We've missed you loads :D Of course we remember you hun, we never forget people here. Well we usually don't forget people so you should always frequently post to make sure you're never forgotten! :lol:

Oh yes, that's one part of DL that I absolutely love. They're rough around the edges in so many ways and they're far from perfect, but because of that they make the perfect couple. They both have things they have to go through and figure out individually, but as a couple they still have to work at it too. It's not always lovey-dovey between them, they have problems and it's fun to watch them work it all out. Besides, we know what happens when they fight and make up don't we? ;)

Aww, but why not? If Mac and Peyton can do it, so can we! It's not that big of a scene anyway, and we've scene how discreet the team can be when it comes to relationships (well Mac's anyway) so it wouldn't be that big of a scene in the first place. Danny would just reason that he was in the neighbourhood anyway so he might as well help (so that Linds can leave faster and they can get back to what they were doing before :rolleyes:) :lol:

That's true with DL, their transition seems effortless doesn't it? They're not overly dependent on each other and the relationship that they share doesn't take up their entire lives. They both can function perfectly without being together all the time (though the time-frame for that couldn't be that long). :p

I love watching YODO. It's such a fun and cool episode and DL are so cute arguing over the Batmovile and Mach5. I believe the Mach5 won in this thread because it has more space for groping and inappropriate behaviour. :lol:

Their shared grins and smiles are just adorkable. :D

15. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

I can take whatever the writers want to through at Danny and Lindsay but just as long as they end up together in the long run. they're too good together and the writers know that there are soo many people rooting for them to be together. just look at the Aussiello Report or Ask Kristen over at E! all the questions asked for CSI:NY usually have something to do with D/L.
    The love triangle would get on my nerves, i'm not really a fan of that too much. if D/L were officially together (although in my mind they are) and they needed a break i'd say i'm all for them taking a break and Danny going with Rikki for a while (but that would be out of guilt and pitty wouldn't that?)

What the hell was Carmine talking about that D/L need to be together where they can have a kid or not be together at all?!! sounds ok but seems a little extreme for now. they(or more specifically the writers) need to get themselves together as individuals first and figure out where they are in their relationship. Carmine jumping the gun, i give him a tiny shame on him for that one but if that's how he feels....
    i have a feeling the writers know if they screw over the Danny and Lindsay ship in a big way they will feel a wrath like never before!! haha :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.