Grissom and Sara #36 A Love Story

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by sharp52092, Jan 23, 2013.

1. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

I miss GSR circa S5. I've had too much free time recently, so I've been thinking about this far too much..

It was just such a nice time for them. Every week was exciting because there was always going to be something between the two. I miss the subtlety of it all, not this blatant "we're married. We're not together", etc. It used to be so subtle and interpretive but I guess that's impossible to do without Grissom being there now.

I know it's been said before, but GSR was my very first OTP and it surprisingly hurts a lot to see the show's quality decline, see all the characters leave, and to see the writers try to hold on to GSR.

I really hope S14 will take a different angle on the show altogether because it's definitely past its prime..

2. JorjaFoxFan

Sorry for the double post! (the inactivity in this thread makes me so sad nowadays :()

But I thought I would post this here, because it might bring some happy memories back!

So, I had a kind of S6 marathon with a friend today (she's not exactly a GSR fan, but she's very aware of them) and when we got to Time of Your Death, she pointed out something interesting.
    One of the final scenes (the famous "eye sex" scene) where Grissom says something to the effect of "I believe fantasies are best kept private", then gives Sara an intense look and his eyes flick downwards and back up, I always assumed that it was just a look, like just giving her a once over. Turns out, my friend interprets it a little differently. She pointed out that he looks at Sara, then at the conference room table, then back at Sara. Implying that that was a fantasy.

I wasn't on these boards when that first aired, so maybe this is common knowledge? haha either way, it was a warming feeling... Back when they were all good :rolleyes: the scene is on youtube if anyone needs a refresher

3. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

It's been more than 24 hours since your last post so it's cool :)

Also I'm hoping thing may pick up with the new season coming

That is a great scene, I'm going to have rewatch it over the upcoming three day weekend :)

4. JorjaFoxFan

I know, right! Haha I've just always viewed it with such an innocent lens... Then it hit me. Maybe that is Grissom's fantasy? :rolleyes:

Could be reason in itself to return :thumbsup:

5. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

It was a great scene. The first time I watched it I also interpreted it as an intense look, but then I noticed the table and made the other connection. Guess we missed it the first time because them being together wasn't certain and we didn't want to get our hopes up.

Oh I'm sure the thread will pick up next month. :)

6. sharp52092

Yes, and hopefully for positive reasons

Not a repeat of last year...

7. JorjaFoxFan

Things can only get better... right? I mean what else could they possibly do short of killing one of them off!

8. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

Well, let's hope for a good and respectful episode 300. I'm just afraid that things 'can' get worse, especially in this episode.

I've been delaying watching each new episode since what happened to Brass in the first one (I still haven't watched the latest one). He didn't deserve it and since then I just dread watching any more as I don't want to see any more horrible things happen to my favorite characters. It's just not fun anymore. It seems they were right about shocking us, as they certainly shocked me enough into not wanting to watch anymore. Good job.

I'm also not happy with what's been going on in the forum since George's incident, as there's so much negativity and bitterness among fans of different characters that it feels better to avoid it all together. Even reading spoilers has become a pain now.

Anyway, it'd be nice if something positive happened in the 300th. It doesn't look like they'll mention GSR much this season, but hopefully they'll respect the fans who stand by it. I just wonder how they're going to go back to an old case, refer to Grissom but never show him. It doesn't sound appropriate.

9. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Any thoughts about the GSR shout-out at the end of #300? It was bittersweet, no doubt. But, at least it made me think that tptb acknowledge the importance of GSR as a huge part of Grissom's legacy and an important part of the history of the show. I'd like to think it meant something positive for their future, but I have no clue what lies ahead. I have to admit, though, it made me smile. GSR is forever a part of the fabric of CSI, a part worth commemorating. And I seriously hope this isn't a final bow.
    Thanks to JFO for the pic:

[​IMG]

10. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

It made me smile too. I don't think they know or have decided how to handle it from now on, but at least they realize it's important to many fans and they've stopped tainting Grissom (although they can't take back the damage they've done). Perhaps this last shot is meant to tell us that they'd like to do more about it but can't.

11. Criminalist

Criminalist Rookie

I hated it. I never cared for GSR, frankly I hope that Grissom was smart enough to Divorce Sara. I think he should have gone with either Sophia or Lady Heather, maybe even Catherine.

12. sharp52092

This belongs in the Debate/Dislike thread

13. JorjaFoxFan

Why on earth would you even open this thread, then? This isn't a place to voice your hatred of the pair unspecific to a situation. Maybe you should post in one of the other ship threads.

EDIT: Forgot the reason I opened this thread in the first place :p

Obviously I loved that we got a reference to the two at the end of the ep, this scene, along with the entire episode (IMHO), had the feeling that they were more reminding us of what we lost. Unintentionally, I'm sure. But it felt almost like a fanvid mashup of times gone by.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  14. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

I think Sara has been the happiest she's ever been in 14 seasons. Lots of smiles, laughs and so on. Can't say I'm happy about it, even if a depressed Sara throughout the season wouldn't be great to watch either. I guess I was expecting a more subtle approach? This way it's as if they've totally abandoned us shippers. It also annoys me how they have Sara answer the phone so often. We know it's not going to be Grissom so they can stop with the act, it's almost patronizing. -Just a late night rant.

15. Frosch

Frosch Witness

That I think is the reason I havn’t been able to watch CSI since the infamous FMN episode. I can’t even watch reruns of the early seasons because every time I see Grissom and Sara I just feel sad. It is to the point where I wonder if GSR really ever existed or if I just projected too much into it.

Reading that Sara seems the happiest she has ever been is such a punch in the gut. I still remember how Sara’s departure effected Grissom and how beautifully WP conveyed Grissom’s grief over numerous episodes. I cannot for the life of me understand why in almost one year since their supposed split we have not had one scene where Sara seems even remotely sad :confused:(or so I assume since I haven’t read anything to the contrary).

Looking for the positives, at least Sara is still sleeping alone.