Grissom and Sara #36 A Love Story

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by sharp52092, Jan 23, 2013.

1. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

Not looking forward to the finale either. If they keep GSR in the same state they've been keeping it then it'll be painful to watch and remember. A happy ending would leave us with the frustration of "why didn't they do this earlier without messing it up first?". Either way it's going to be nerve-wrecking to watch.

You're right. The last time I truly enjoyed watching CSI was early season 8...

2. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

Season 8 is where everything changed. We were lucky to get over 7 years' worth of an amazing show and an amazing ship.. but they've undone everything they spent 8 years building up! I'm happy WP and Marg agreed to be a part of the finale, but I can't even see how their characters fit in anymore.

Since it's the ending I'm sure they'll mend GSR, but it's like you said - frustrating! They never should've been anything but okay, their was no reason to bring turmoil into a relationship you can't even properly show anymore.

:shifty:

3. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I honestly never thought I would be posting here again, after what tptb did to GSR; and I doubt they can totally repair the damage that was done to the fandom by McGill and co. Still, I'm willing to give them the opportunity. My enthusiasm has waned, but my interest in seeing (another) happy ending for our OTP has not. Since I haven't watched since FMN, if AZ wants to pretend it never happened, I might could live with that. LOL
    I don't need a lot of GSR drama in the movie, but I would like to see some repairing of Grissom's character with regard to GSR. It's always bothered me that his exit arc was so completely destroyed, and disrespected. And I want acknowledgment that he and Sara are finally together...for the long haul, which is the way it was suppose to be.

Last edited: May 15, 2015
  4. Frosch

Frosch Witness

I pretty much feel the same way as all of you and in particular with what Jafox said about Grissom’s exit arc being destroyed and disrespected.
    It always bothered me to no end that despite WP so graciously bringing JF back to share in his exit and thereby giving both their fans a dream ending, TPTB in their arrogance completely voided WP’s efforts.

Personally, I couldn’t care less that CSI has been cancelled, I feel as though I went through every stage of grief and anger 2 years ago after FMN. I also have not watched one episode since then, maybe the odd clip but no more. I still resent that TPTB seemed to deliberately alienate Grissom and GSR fans and appeared to enjoy goading us.

Having said all that, I am quietly optimistic and find myself getting excited about this movie. There are a few things that make me hopeful, firstly that Anthony Zuiker is writing the movie and based on his tweets in the past week he seems incredibly exited and motivated. Second, Billy Petersen in on board and I have faith that he will imbue Grissom with all the dignity and intelligence we remember. I also believe the combination of Zuiker and Petersen will guarantee that GSR will be treated with care and not veer into soap opera territory.

I would like the movie to pick up one or two years after the events of the 15th season finale with Grissom and Sara already having reconciled and living happily together.

5. JorjaFoxFan

a thousand times this. I have so much nostalgia for how things used to be, and I find myself becoming more and more excited at the possibility of reliving my first true OTP.

The show has been disgraced and ruined from what it originally was and I hope Ted Danson, Elizabeth Shue, and Elizabeth Harnois have no part in it.

I also hope they'll be bringing back George Eads and Paul Guilfoyle..

6. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

ITA...with all of this.
    Now there's news that David Rambo is involved in the movie. I'm optimistic for GSR, and excited. I would seriously be ok with picking up a few years after the last season finale. GSR is happy and established, and Paul, Marg, George, and the lab rats return for a big case from the past.

7. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

But wouldn't it be better if they fixed GSR on-screen? After season 13, where they used several episodes to tear it apart, and 2 seasons as if nothing happened, they better be able to put it back together properly. Just showing them together again as if there never was anything wrong won't be very convincing.
    Maybe they can fast forward time within the movie.

8. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I have mixed feelings about an onscreen reunion. They've done that...twice? Both were well done; and OTG was perfection. But since their last breakup made absolutely no sense with regards to their characters and was so poorly done, I'm ok with them just alluding to the problems of a long distance relationship, reconciling on/off screen, then moving on quickly from that.
    Part of the GSR mystique has always been the unanswered questions. We STILL don't know about when they first got together, LOL; but we've always known that in the end...they belong together.

ETA: That said, if tptb want to focus on their reconciliation, and maybe even give us a glimpse of their wedding, I'd be ecstatic. :)

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  9. Frosch

Frosch Witness

Always happy to see a new post in this thread:)

The main reason I’d rather have the movie start with Grissom and Sara already reunited is to not waste any precious time. Since we only get 2 hours (less if you take into account the number of ads we’ll get), I want to see as much of happy Griss and Sara as possible and not only one scene at the end of the movie. The way I see it, if they are already together from the beginning the more chance there is of special moments between them. I’m not really a fan of the fan fiction/soap opera type build up. Besides, I really can’t imagine Billy Petersen reciting corny dialogue.

Considering how the writers completely ignored GSR the last couple of years I don’t feel that A. Zuiker/D. Rambo need to honour any sort of back story. One or two lines from either Sara or Grissom mentioning to somebody how deliriously happy they are that they sorted their problems and were together again and I’d be a happy camper.

10. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

Oh, I agree with both of you on many points. They’ve already done the ‘back together again’ scenes enough times by now and every time was better than the last. I’m hoping for something even more special than the jungle, but I’m afraid it’s not easy to achieve after what’s happened and there isn’t enough time. I’d also prefer no relationship drama throughout the finale, since it should be about CSI as a whole (it would also be too distracting). They had plenty of time for explanations 2 seasons in a row but they wasted that chance.

What worries me about getting them back together with a few lines is that if they could do it they would have already done it by now, although the writers are different now and maybe they were keeping their best scenario for last…
    FMN was so wrong in every way that the only way to fix what happened in it is to make the finale the opposite of what FMN was; or forget about it all together like you said.

11. JorjaFoxFan

What worries me the most, is maybe they won't fix it.

We've been promised a Grissom/Sara storyline, and we know they'll both be in the finale, but maybe it is too unrealistic to give them a happy ending. Maybe the writers will continue with the "happier apart" direction they've been sailing in. I'm not convinced they will, but I'm also not convinced it's going to be a "everything is forgiven, we're happy forever /fanfiction" ending to such a complex relationship, because happy as that would make me, it would also disappoint me.

Also thinking back to the golden days of CSI, I remember how Grissom and Sara are two characters in a large cast, and their relationship was an even smaller subplot (because of its beautiful subtlety).

I'm going to be so excited to see the whole cast back in the old format... I hope that Louise Lombard will return as well.

The fact that this thread has new posts when I log on is already making the nostalgia kick in :)

12. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

I haven't posted here in...I don't know how long. :eek:

Looks like David Rambo is returning. That gives me hope a GSR and Greg fan.

Anyone else?

13. JorjaFoxFan

It's weird seeing this thread active again.

Very excited that Rambo is returning.. They've definitely got the best possible group of people behind it so far.

sharp52092 likes this.
  14. Frosch

Frosch Witness

It’s one of the things that has me optimistic, the fact that these aren’t the same writers that screwed up but Zuiker and Rambo. Especially Rambo who could write so beautifully for GSR. I am deliberately focusing on all the positive things and excluding all the negative things;)

I think the only way we would not be getting a happy ending for GSR is if Billy Petersen decides he doesn’t want to bother with this storyline and quite frankly, I would not hold it against him if he wants nothing to do with GSR. Buuut, I don’t really think that is going to happen. I don’t think Billy is the type to let his personal feelings get in the way of what is best for the show and his fans.

He’s coming back to make the movie after all, that means something. I really have no doubt that there will be a happy ending. Between Zuiker, Rambo and Petersen I have immense faith that they’ll find a satisfying way to make it happen.

Just keep Elizabeth Devine away from the GSR storyline!!!

15. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

LOL! But, to be fair, Carol Mendelsohn and Jorja were also around for the break-up storyline. It was probably a collaborative horrible decision; but I put the blame mostly on McGill, who I think orchestrated it, as well as many of the things that went wrong with the show. As the primary showrunner, the creative direction was his (un)doing.

I really just hope any behind-the-scenes (alleged) drama will be sidelined for a fan-satisfying finale. GSR is such a big part of the CSI legacy for many of its avid fans; it needs to be fixed. Period. I'll leave it up to them on how it's done. And like many have said, having Rambo involved is encouraging.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015