Grissom and Sara #36 A Love Story

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by sharp52092, Jan 23, 2013.

1. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Alright everyone, welcome to the new GSR thread! :)

Please remember the rules and have a good time

Enjoy! :)

2. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

Nice, shiny new thread :)

I was a little disappointed to not see Sara in tonight's episode.. I'm both frustrated that there wasn't an immediate continuation of the sadness alluded to in the last episode, but also worried as to why Sara wasn't in the lab to assist on this case?

My mind will be going a mile a minute until GSR receives some sort of resolution. Tonight was very focused on Morgan and Hodges, which I don't have a problem with, but they can't just assure us that all is not well with Grissom and Sara, then move away from it for the following episodes.

Frustrating!

My main concern regarding GSR right now is how the writers are beginning to stray from the character's attributes. Sara is strong, and never before has she so much as hesitated to confront Grissom if something is slipping from her grasp. It concerns me that Sara is almost being portrayed as a cornered animal, she's shutting down her emotions. On the other side, Grissom is unnervingly uninvolved.

I just hope we don't have to wait until the end of February for a glimpse of hope.

3. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Love the new thread. :). Thanks, sharp!

Is it too much to hope that maybe Sara is reuniting and reconnecting with her husband this week? And maybe she'll return happy, and happily married, in the next episode?
    Probably. :(

I would love some positive GSR news for a change. :brickwall:
    My head, and my heart, hurt.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  4. JorjaFoxFan

Beautiful scenario, and the first to cross my mind however with knowing what we know about ep. 15? :( Doubtful.
    It's upsetting because I'm not expecting to get anything GSR related in the crossover eps - that's a bit of a stretch with the storyline being on Mac's missing girlfriend..

It's gonna be a long wait until February

5. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

What do we know besides the charges thing? I haven't seen anything to say they couldn't have been meeting,unless I missed it.

6. JorjaFoxFan

so far as I'm aware, a guy was found dead in the same hotel Sara is staying in (reason unknown, people are speculating cheating but I 100% doubt that and this is where Grissom could POSSIBLY factor in.) apparently Sara is the one who notifies D.B. that she is by default a suspect. They find evidence that Sara was in the dead guy's room prior to him dying.

The big shocker here, is why she was in a hotel with some guy.

This episode is a good set up to definitively address where GSR is at for better or for worse.

7. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Oh yeah duh. I just hope there's a good explanation. I don't think they'd let her cheat,I hope not.

8. JorjaFoxFan

Nah that's definitely not in Sara's character. I mean yes it's probably going to led us in that direction and look all suspicious, but there's got to be a reason.
    I'm hoping it might be a wake up call for Grissom... I mean Sara is clearly lonely, and probably hurting.

Thing is, I can't fathom the two breaking up, so the way I see it things have got to get worse before they get better.

9. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

I'd have liked a line from someone to explain why Sara wasn't around in this one. If it were the crossover one I'd understand, but not this one where all the team worked together and it was obvious that someone was missing. But anyway…

The problem with her being away and happy in this episode is episode 15. It'd be confusing if she's unhappy by e11, then happy in 12-14, then unhappy again in 15. Unless they did meet up and things got worse, so in 15 we'll see it all at its worst.

Don't Doug and her mother show up in 15 too? If so, it'd be too many characters to keep track of plus develop GSR. I read in another post we'll also get a lot of Nick in 15. I don't see how they can fit everything well in one episode. Maybe the dead guy is related to her Mum, Doug comes over for support and in the end we get another call or a surprise.

I don't think she'd ever cheat on Grissom (unless he cheated on her? Either case is too extreme, even for CSI). But if this won't be resolved in e15 we'll have a problem. It's been going on for too long and non-GSR fans are getting tired of it.

10. JorjaFoxFan

I've been thinking about that too... I think that maybe this episode is for the sole purpose to explain more of Sara's character to us and help us understand her relationship with Grissom that way. We might get another surprise from him at the end, but I think it may be a way to address their relationship without directly addressing it, if that makes sense.
    I agree I wish we'd gotten some mention of Sara, but without a mention of her whereabouts, it builds up Ep. 15 way more.

11. beachlady

beachlady Victim

I am almost frustrated to the point of changing the channel--I do not trust the current writers/showrunners with GSR. I think they are painting Sara into a corner, and trying to 'guilt' WmPetersen into a return. A female writer/consultant has said she is using her experience of a long-distance marriage (which ended in divorce) for Sara's long-distance relationship. The same person thinks Sara is so tied up with Grissom she can not be her own person, and if Grissom lived unseen in Vegas fans would revolt---DUH? We all know who left because he wanted to leave! These writers live in such isolation, I don't think they know what to do with a married Sara!

12. beachlady

beachlady Victim

Will we get GSR in the Sara centric episode? In the same episode where we 'meet' Sara's mother, Sara is accused of murder or she's been in a hotel room where a murdered man is found. So---we get to see Sara's mother for 1 minute as some bad guy connects with Laura Sidle who then disappears, Sara hires a PI to find her mother. PI ends up dead--in the hotel room killed by the man who took mama Sidle. Sara has to tell everyone about her mother's past.Mama Sidle is found. End of episode. No mention of Grissom--he's stil MIA!!

13. JorjaFoxFan

Well, I do agree with you that the writers have backed Sara into a corner, and I'm going to have to wait to see where it goes before I make a comment on that, really, cause you never know it could be part of a bigger plan.

While the writing of GSR has gone south, we've got to remember that Jorja isn't a sheep. Her and Billy have always had a say in how these two interact on-screen. I really have faith that neither Jorja nor Billy would let this relationship desecrate. It has been 13 years in the making...

Also, I have pretty high hopes for E15... I definitely see it in a more optimistic light.

14. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

While I do have my concerns like you, beachlady, I'm also trying to stay optimistic, like JFF. Reading between the lines in the interviews with some of the writers, I do worry that they seem to not want to write for Sara with Grissom. That they would prefer to write for Sara alone. I hope they realize that they can do both, Sara alone and GSR, effectively and cleverly.

I always thought the great thing about having Sara back on the show after Grissom's exit was that it was like a two-for-one deal; keep the awesome character of Sara around, while at the same time keeping a connection to the most iconic character of CSI, Grissom. I just don't see the downside of that. Most fans realize by now that WP is not coming back, but they would like to know from time to time what Grissom is doing. I don't think that takes anything away at all from Sara. In fact, I think it gives her character depth and enhances her appeal. She can still interact with the rest of the cast, solve crimes, confront bad guys, and be empathetic towards victims; none of which is adversely affected by her being married.

The current angst on the show makes no sense to me from a character POV; but I'll deal with it IF there is a positive resolution for GSR. If tptb break them up, they will lose GSR fans, any remaining Grissom fans, and maybe even a few Sara fans. Plus, the dissolution of such a prevailing storyline would be a disappointment for many regular and casual viewers, IMO. I just don't see anything positive about a break-up scenario. So, hopefully, they'll stay together, and the writers will bring Grissom home (at least once in a while), and this is just a rough patch in the marriage that will get smoothed out.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  15. kiwi_fruit

kiwi_fruit Dead on Arrival

I'm sure writers' opinions on GSR differ but hopefully all of them recognize the fact that this ship is a big part of the show and is precious to many fans, I don't imagine one writer would have the power to decide the fate of GSR, all of them would have to agree and I'd like to believe Jorja and Billy would have some say as well.
    For a show that portrays people at their worst(as well as worst IN the people) and death plays such a predominant part to not give two of its main characters(that already had so much angst in their lives) a happy ending would seem particularly cruel.
    Let's keep the faith.