Grissom and Sara; #35 Forever Together, Never Apart

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by HellsBells, Apr 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I don't see how they can 'resolve' this storyline without a WP appearance, for better or for worse. That said, a divorce is not an option for me. I think both characters, not just Grissom, would look bad in a break-up scenario.

The intrigue of GSR has always been the fact that it's a unique love story between unique characters. Their marriage was expected to be unconventional, and in T2MG we saw that. They have survived a lot of things individually and as a couple. This LDR angst is so contrived and OOC, it makes my head hurt.

The bottom line for me is to keep them together at all cost, with or without WP. The writers just need to think outside the box.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

So what do you think of the new spoilers?

I want very much to see Grissom come when Sara faces arrest but I can't be optimistic these days. I just wonder what they're planning,where they're going with this.

3. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

Those were interesting spoilers.

...but like someone mentioned in the spoiler thread (sorry I don't remember the nickname), I hope that doesn't mean she'll exit the show, with or without Grissom. I don't think I'll be able to continue watching without her in it. Some episodes are already hard to watch without losing interest.

Assuming this will be the 15th episode, it's probably too early to expect a Grissom appearance. If they plan to bring him back for an episode they'd probably do so much later or at the end, or the first episode of the next season. This could be the episode where her frustration peaks and she has to leave the lab for a while, or when Doug appears again to 'save' her.

I'm glad they're making an episode focused on Sara, now we have something to look forward to. And I hope this time Morgan's screen time will be a little more limited than it was in episode 10...

4. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Now it seems we will be meeting Sara's mother. *sigh* Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for a Sara-centric episode, but this episode seems packed with everything but Grissom. I hope they're not setting us up for more disappointment in the GSR camp.
    I don't know what this is leading to, but Grissom needs to come home, or Sara needs to go to him. Some type of reunion is sorely needed, somewhere. And at this point, I don't care where as long as they reconnect. I can handle a LDR between them, as long as they let us know on occasion that they are in contact, and that he does come home once in a while. This angst is making me crazy.

5. MacsGirlMel

I so agree with you. I can't take it either.

6. MacsGirlMel

So any thoughts on the developments in the latest eps? It was nice to hear Billy again, I still hope it doesn't end badly.

7. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I think I'm trying not to think about the last scene in the last episode. I felt as sad and depressed as Sara looked at the end. It was great hearing Grissom's voice, but...argh! It seems that we are at yet another impasse with these characters; which makes no sense in my mind. I always felt Sara and Grissom were the best developed and most evolved characters on the show, in a large part thanks to GSR. Now they are...well, I don't know where they are, tbh. They're stuck in reverse this season, with old character flaws and relationship issues resurfacing; problems that we were led to believe they had worked through in the previous 12 years of the show. Now, in less than 2 months, it all comes crashing down. And I'm not happy about it. Not at all.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  8. MacsGirlMel

Yes THIS! I still say it makes no sense.

9. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

Same here. What I don't like the most is that they're slowly making the fans dislike one of the two, or both. Suddenly there are 'sides', pro-Grissom or pro-Sara on their relationship problem, when there shouldn't be any by now. Since I like them both equally it's uncomfortable having to watch such scenes. They shouldn't be messing with them...

10. beachlady

beachlady Victim

Long-time silent reader here--so happy to find others who are as disappointed with current 'trend' of CSI/GSR as I am! Did creative and original story-writers leave? Is anyone left who actually wrote GSR? And upcoming, we get to meet Sara's mother who is apparently a sad character--enough to cause Sara to murder? or be accused of it? Most long-time viewers know Petersen has left the building with no intention of returning--so why are we seeing these constant missed-calls? Why must he be out of town--he left his life's work to go to Sara and now he can't live in the same city with his wife? Does this make any sense to anyone? Or is it that Hollywood bubble we are seeing? Thanks...

11. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

Finally got around to watching last weeks episode. I wasn't expecting a GSR reference, but I can't say I was pleasantly surprised.. It's tough watching Sara have such avoidance towards Grissom. While it was nice to hear Grissom's voice again, neither sounded particularly happy, even though there was love in their voices. This season has brought with it a difficult arc when it comes to Grissom and Sara and it's killing me to wonder where they're both at. It's killing me not being able to see the both of them. We need new material, commencing with Billy's return.

Would some one be so kind as to fill me in on these spoilers? I seem to have missed them.. :confused:

12. SA_Kate_937

SA_Kate_937 Police Officer

Hey everyone.
    I have been silently reading this thread for a while now and I don't live in the US so I'm not actually watching the episodes... But I am very much worried about GSR and the way it seems to be going. Especially because the thought has just occurred to me that they may be destroying GSR because they know that Grissom won't be coming back. Which really annoys me because they worked so hard building the relationship, it has been such a big part of the show for so long and one of the main reasons I watched it for as long as I did. Also, it seems rather unfair that they make us believe Sara was perfectly fine again, that she had dealt with all her problems before coming back to Vegas but now they are coming back again and yet she doesn't leave to go be with the man she loves? Doesn't seem to make sense at all...
    Sigh, I just TPTB know what they are doing.....

13. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I so agree with you, Kate, and everyone else.
    It's nice to see new/old posters here. And I can see that we all share very similar concerns. GSR has been a link to many great fans of the ship and the show for me. Now all that appears to be in jeopardy.
    If the ship does sink, I'll lay blame solely on the writers. And this show will have ended for me in season 9/episode 10, with The Two Mrs Grissoms as a postscript. It will preserve my happy ending, and CSI can go on....without me.
    I just hope that things will work out, and that Grissom might still appear, or at least somehow GSR will be preserved. But sometimes it's hard to be optimistic.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  14. kiwi_fruit

kiwi_fruit Dead on Arrival

Same here. I really think breaking up GSR would taint the whole show and I hope TPTB realise that:(
    presumably they're regarding 13.15 episode- Sara being accused of murder, her being in the hotel with the vic, her mother's appearance etc.

You know, I think the fact that we got WP's voice cameo means that at least he's aware what's going on and presumably knows where TPTB are taking it. Same with Jorja. They're the actors, not writers, sure, but they themselves were so pro GSR I trust them not wanting to destroy something that was so carefully built and AFAIK they did have quite a lot of say in GSR development over the years.

The divorce storyline would undermine both characters' integrity so I really can't see them being happy about that.

And the writers are bound to be aware what the general response to the potential break up scenario is so they realise that it would upset a lot of loyal fans. I just can't see why would they possibly want to destroy the main ship of the show.

The beginning of season 9 was full of GSR uncertainty and frustration but happy "ending" followed and I want to believe it'll happen again. “Forget me not” episode should provide more answers I hope. Let’s keep faith for now.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  15. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

You're a saint, thanks.

The thing bout Grissom and Sara, and one of the reasons this ship stood out to me initially, is their ability to fill in each others' shortcomings.
    Sara has soft spots, but they're wrongly portrayed as weaknesses. Sara is incredibly strong, and wouldn't let anything come between her and Grissom so long as the love is still there. This leads me to believe that the writers know exactly what they're doing when they insinuate that something so petty as location would drive a wedge between them. I feel like this season in relation to GSR is a form of dramatic irony that will spiral downwards in angst until the two are reunited, whether or not we see it.

In season 5 Sara was on a self-abusing downward spiral that commenced with S4's Bloodlines. This bout of angst from Sara had little interlude from Grissom when you really think about it until their awesome interaction in Nesting Dolls. I feel like we're headed in the same direction again, and as far as Sara's storyline goes, I think 13x15 will be as close to rock bottom as we're going to see and I feel like that will be the time when Grissom chooses to intercede or not.

I've heard a lot of people interjecting cynicism into how Sara isn't returning to Grissom in these hard times, I know that Billy's exit still plays the largest role here, but in terms of the characters themselves; Grissom isn't returning to her either.

ALSO, In the Two Mrs. Grissoms, Billy wouldn't have agreed to the response of "soon" when his mother asked when he'd return of he wasn't planning to ever make another appearance on the show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.