Grissom and Sara; #35 Forever Together, Never Apart

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by HellsBells, Apr 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I love rewatching the old eps; well, at least, most of them. Some of those brief GSR interactions take on a new meaning now that we know the outcome, and the 'nine years ago' comment by Grissom. I'm not convinced the writers were totally committed to seeing the relationship through until season 6 when their scenes became more deliberate, and apparently WP was planning on leaving the show. For whatever reason, I'm glad tptb finally made the decision; it has given me a reason to stick around. :)

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Here's another GSR moment...I have Forensics magazine on my RSS feed though I'm not subscribed, and a headline just popped up. " GSR:HOW DO YOU KNOW YOU'RE RIGHT?" My thought was "how could it not be right?" hahahaha.

Although the rewatch of Play With Fire made me wanna slap Gil a few times. He was slow on the uptake. It took Sara a while to bust through the walls he'd built up.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  3. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

I remember reading somewhere (maybe an interview with Jorja or something?), that Sara was originally brought in to be a romantic interest for Grissom (they had some nice very early scenes, like "tie me up" in Crate and Burial) - but then when they realized how popular the show was, and how long it was likely to go on for, they didn't want to develop the relationship too early and leave them nowhere to go, so they backed off from it.

4. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

From Associated Press:

Okay, ptb; please let Jorja write an episode!!
    Maybe if she pushes the idea, someone will be swayed. But I fear it will go the way of the Paris episode that Billy tried to pitch. :(

It would be nice to at least get a scene like this. :adore:
    Actually, any scene with the two of them would make my day!

I don't like reading that Sara is 'really lonely'. *sigh*
    Maybe she was with Gil when Hodges couldn't reach her in this last episode. ("I've been texting you for an hour.") Hmmmm. It kind of reminded me of the phone booth scene with Sophia in 'Werewolves'. Hopefully, she went home for a nice little rendezvous with her bugman. :)

5. MacsGirlMel

Yeah, GSR Thanksgiving, maybe with Betty. And tofu turkey of course. And then home for dessert :devil:

6. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Oh I'm sure there will be some fanfic to read this coming week ;)

I'm a little disappointed there hasn't been a GSR mention or even a Grissom mention at all this season, hopefully we'll get one soon :)

7. Andreina

Andreina Lab Technician

Hi people. It's been a while since I visited here or watched csi, so I am completely lost. Today, I watched an episode and I saw Sara in it but I am wondering what happened to GSR? The last thing I knew they were happy together then she came back to CSI and I don't know what happened afterwards. Can anyone clear me out this doubts?
    Regards

8. sharp52092

Hi Andreina! :) Nothing major has happened, they're still married and together and all, Sara still works at CSI while Grissom is busy traveling

I think you should watch The Two Mrs. Grissoms from season 11 ;) we got a peek inside their lives

9. MacsGirlMel

Did we ever discuss Sara's lack of name change? Do you think it's because she's an independent sort? That's what I'd figure.

10. sharp52092

Independent and once I read in a fanfic where Greg asked Sara why she didn't take Grissom's name and she says that's why, because most call him Grissom

That could be the reason, wish they'd say so but they never will :shifty:

11. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I'm sure that's what they want us to think, and it's probably not too unrealistic. I kept my maiden name at work, but use my husband's name for personal/family matters. In my state the wife legally assumes her husband's name when she marries, but she can be 'called' whatever she wants. And, knowing Sara and her and Grissom's unconventional marriage views, she probably would prefer to just be called Sara Sidle.
    I do agree that we will probably never get a definitive reason.
    This way tptb can maintain the character's name as it is in procedural tvland. If this were a more character driven show, I'm sure it would be addressed better.
    At least in Sara Sidle's character description on the CBS website they have added, 'aka Mrs. Grissom', so I guess that's something. LOL, yet another bone they throw us; subtle, but there, nonetheless. As always in GSRland we take what we can get. :)

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  12. MacsGirlMel

Exactly :)

I just hope he's on the show again, I want more onscreen GSR :) I do understand how it'd take a lot of focus off what's coming (said while avoidng spoilers), but I do hope he comes back eventually.

13. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  14. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Considering this spoiler pic: http://jorjafox.net/gallery/tv/csi/pub/s12/stills/1212-willows-001.jpeg.html
    and this spoiler:
    Jose informed us that Frank’s Coffee Shop has been featured in no less than 5 episodes of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, one of which is the upcoming “Willows in the Wind”, which just so happens to be Marg Helgenber’s final episode
    I'm calling it:
    Text: "Running late. Will meet you at the diner. Gil"

If only! :D

15. sharp52092

They did mention something about grilled cheese awhile back ;) so maybe

Then again, maybe she's just getting a text to tell everyone to go to DB's office like in some pomo pics :shifty::(

But I'll cross my fingers :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.